PDA

View Full Version : iphone Application for jewellery making :)

MuranoSilver
11-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm so excited as I get my new iphone soon (was waiting for it to be available on Vodaphone)
The app store has been visited lots in the past few days and while investigating found something called “iMakeJewelry”

Product description:
iMakeJewelry is the ultimate app for jewelers and metalsmiths. Use it to check precious metal prices, calculate sheet, wire and wax weights, ring blank lengths, find alloy recipes and information on stones. Use it to calculate weight conversions from wax to metal or silver to gold and convert weight and area measurements from English to metric. Also included are tables for drill bit sizes and B&S gauges. Watch for frequent tips from Victoria Lansford.

You can see some screen shots here (http://appshopper.com/reference/imakejewelry)
It costs $3.99 and I'd pay that for half of what it does.

e.g. If I calculate a ring blank length, I could then put that into the weight calcualtor to get a guide for the weight of a ring
BEFORE I make it. Very useful as I'll then know if I need to allow hallmarking time when I quote a customer. :)
Neat huh!

Nicx

lorraineflee
11-01-2010, 06:49 PM
OOooooo, iPhone apps and jewellery making - can't be bad - must get that! :Y:

Lorraine

ps_bond
11-01-2010, 07:25 PM
But... Your new iPhone will allow you to view almost all of that and more online without having to pay for an app?!

MuranoSilver
11-01-2010, 08:11 PM
True except I live in ruralsville within a thick walled stone cottage,
so the app might be quicker, rofl

lorraineflee
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I can't get an O2 signal in my 'rural abode' unless I lean over the kitchen sink! Not conducive to web browsing!
Lorraine

PS I like apps too!!

ps_bond
12-01-2010, 03:03 PM
WiFi, ADSL via landline and an iPod... Not much in the way of decent signal in my area either!

Ominicci
13-01-2010, 09:10 AM
All over the top of my head - I'm only on my second phone since my original Nokia (you know - the one everyone had) and still wish I had that one!

ps_bond
13-01-2010, 09:40 AM
The 5110? I've still got my old one!

Ominicci
13-01-2010, 10:53 AM
No the 3310. I got it through the Coca Cola promotion and am kicking myself I didn't keep the old cover. I have a friend who collects Coca Cola stuff and she said its probably worth something even though they made loads.

ps_bond
13-01-2010, 11:01 AM
That came out 2 years later than the 5110...
(No, I don't know that off the top of my head - wikipedia helped. :D )