PDA

View Full Version : Robbie the Robot - Does Terminator

MuranoSilver
10-01-2010, 09:51 AM
I've been participating in a Flickr challenge to make a "ring a day" some folks are doing the whole year,
but I thought I'd start with January and see how it goes ;)
What I've found to be fabulous is it's keeping me workshop focused and helping me think outside the box a little.
My latest is a combination of sterling, polymer and silver clay (we'd watched a re-run of Terminator)
& parts of Robbie were in my broken bits box.
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/robbie-small.jpg
So does anyone else use outside influences to keep you motivated & making?
Gift exchanges, Cookies Christmas Challenge, competitions, other inspiration?
Is it just me or does connecting with other like minded folk (such as yourselves) on forums help too :Y:

I'm definitely going to be making a birdhouse soon (inspired by bigwols cage)
and with the challenge on ~ I think it will be a ring!
Nic x

Dragonsmagic
10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Nic,
This is brilliant! Robbie really made me giggle, so clever x :D

Gemma
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
That's really cute Nic :Y:

AlexandraBuckle
10-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh i LOVE Robbie - he's great :)

....also a fan of Terminator and Robocop is my favourite film ever!....

snow_imp
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I think he's great - robots rock!

bustagasket
10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
cruelty to rrobots! someone left chewing gum on the chair and he got stuck to a ring!!!

so cute tho :)

AlexandraBuckle
10-01-2010, 02:32 PM
anyone seen this vid: Robots Are Our Friends (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/robots)

:snow:

MuranoSilver
10-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Robbie is a friendly robot - not the hacker slasher kind,
Great video lol
nic xx

Ominicci
11-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Very detailed Nic!

Have been looking at the RAD Flickr pics every day but still umming and aahing about joining. Have cleared my workroom over the weekend of all the stuff shoved in there out of the way for Christmas and will have a go at something today I think. I may use it as a way of trying out and practising different 'normal/everyday' techniques rather than trying to come up with anything spectacular or 'out of the box'. It would be a good discipline to adopt :-" I haven't actually made many rings at all!

MuranoSilver
11-01-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't think you have to be out of the box, it's just a great way to be surrounded by design
and to keep yourself motivated. Some of the other folks work is inspiring!!

Until the past 10 days I haven't been particulalry into making rings (I've always found them fiddly).
The process of participating has been so much fun though, that maybe February will find me continuing....
Might be a bit of a HEART fest though, lol

Some of my next rings wil be "customer ones" so not quite so avant guard as "Robbie",
he has however mentioned that he'd like a "Fembot" to keep him company so I need to work on a design for her :)

You should jump in and play- nothing to lose and plentyto gain :Y:
Nic xx

Carl Martin
11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey Nic, agree with you whole heartedly. There is simply nothing like interaction to inspire and get the creativeness flowing. Bit like I said in the other thread on motivation - do something out of your comfort zone or something you don't particularly like doing.

Carl :)

MuranoSilver
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Amazing isn't it - I'm beginning to really love making rings
10 days ago they were one of my least favourite things.
nic xx