PDA

View Full Version : Lower case letter punches???

Dragonsmagic
09-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Hello All,
Does anybody know where I can find lower case letter punches?
I've been searching the internet for hours with no luck other than US sites and they're so expensive. :(
I'm making a bracelet for a friends birthday with her childrens names and really wanted the lower case letters x

Emerald
09-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry Dragon but they are only avalable in America although you could use the plastic ones if its on PMC avalable from hobbycraft

Dragonsmagic
09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Really? Agh thats annoying :'(
Something else I'm really going to have to save for!
Somebody needs to get making them over here, there's obviously call for them.

It's for silver though so may have to have a re-think x

Dano
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Really? Agh thats annoying :'(
Something else I'm really going to have to save for!
Somebody needs to get making them over here, there's obviously call for them.

It's for silver though so may have to have a re-think x

you could etch the letters with a bottle of... oh damn what is it... ferric nitrate silver etchant from here Mega-UK - PCB Chemicals (http://www.megauk.com/pcb_chemicals.php)

write on for raised lettering, mask off everything but the writing for sunken lettering. i've used ferric chloride on copper and brass and it's not that hard and not really that dangerous unless you're prone to entering a fugue state where you drink literally anything lying around, but not tried the silver stuff yet, can't imagine it'll be much different

MuranoSilver
09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Just use the big ones - yes the small lower case ones are lovely
but once it's made she'll love it and wont care what lettering it's in
I have both and still use the capitals all the time :)
Nic xx

Dragonsmagic
10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm awaiting a cookies delivery with my letter punches in so I think I'll just give it a go and add the lowercase ones to my veryyyy long list of "when I can afford them list" :)
Thanks for your advice guys x

HMPjewellery
16-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi Nic.

Can I ask where you got your lower case punches from?

Rock Hard Fairy
16-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Beaducation do lower case as well as sellers on Etsy but I've always had to pay £24 custom fees.

Tabby66
16-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Beaducation do lower case as well as sellers on Etsy but I've always had to pay £24 custom fees.

Wow, that's a lot extra! These are on my wish list too!!

paintboxcrafts
17-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi,
Palmer Metals do them now. Mine arrived yesterday, I haven't used them yet. They are Lucida font.
Cathy

allyclaret
25-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Hiya - beaducation.com are now doing a budget priced lowercase gothic font in 3 different sizes. Only problem is the shipping fees and potential customs charges. Ally :)

http://www.beaducation.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=101_170_174