PDA

View Full Version : pliers - full flush cut

Milomade
26-07-2009, 07:39 PM
I want to get a set of pliers that will give me a full flush cut - not sure which to get fro the CG catalogue. I presume the ones described as semi flush would be no good?

mizgeorge
28-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Have a look for Lindstrom pliers with an ultraflush blade - the product name will end in 32/42/52/62 (depending on the rating and blade size).

They're not cheap though!

Otherwise look for xuron cutters, not nearly as good, but better.

A basic saw frame and some good blades is often the best option though!

kymbi
28-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I've got some xuron cutters as I couldn't afford the Lindstrom when I bought them ~ they are good, not completely flush but miles better than most of the standard cutters around.

I agree with George about a good saw blade...

agent_44
28-07-2009, 08:53 AM
I have had Lindstroms and Xuron, and have to admit, I prefer the Xuron. As an aside, it only takes 2 ticks to file the end of a piece of wire with a needle file if it isn't perfect.

Milomade
28-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I agree that filing down doesn't take very long, but if I want to make 80 s shape / figure of eight loops I don't want to be filing down both ends of each as it's very fiddly once their already shaped and cut. Hence the thought of getting pliers with a flush cut. I found the CG site and catalogue very confusing as some of the pliers come with accompanying drawing showing the type of cut and some don't, some are described as 'semi-flush' some as just 'flush'. I wanted to get the lindstrom ones, but CG don't seem to stock them even though they're listed in the catalgue. Typing the item code into the website brought up zero results, so I ordered a pair from another website. They were pricey, but I'm hoping that'll it'll be money well spent as they'll save me lots of time and bother.

EmmaRose
28-07-2009, 04:06 PM
confess I used a certain US company to get mine, and I love them (not cheap though, about $50!)
E