PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Barnsley

gunnabuilder
08-01-2010, 05:25 PM
:~: hi my names steve from near good old barnsley , its true what they say its cold up north .l.o.l
just a few bits un bobs about me , made redundant 30th Nov after 32 years .
i used to have a very keen intrest in jewellery making about 6 years ago
did a bit of stone setting ( self taught not very good ) then i lost the end of my right thumb which stopped all that , but i would like to get back into making jewellery maybe larger type stuff bangles ect so looking for ideas on that line something that will be easier to work with & give me more confidence for other jobs . p.m.c. doesn't really do it for me .
in an ideal world would like to make & retail just enough to add to My small pension ,
info for others barnsley college are having a open day 14th Jan they are doing jewellery & silversmithing courses think i will give it a go.
info 6.20pm still snowing
thanks steve :~:

lorraineflee
08-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum from down south in Bedfordshire.
You'll find lots of helpful people here and lots of good tips.
Lorraine

Lisa Quinn
08-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi Steve,

Welcome, I am sure that Barnsley college is a brilliant starting point to get back into jewellery making.

mizgeorge
08-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi Steve :)

bustagasket
08-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Steve, welcome onboard :D:~:

Rustic Charm
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi:welcome:

MuranoSilver
09-01-2010, 01:11 AM
:welcome:
To the froum - still snowing here too!
Nic xx

Petal
09-01-2010, 05:46 PM
:~: hi my names steve from near good old barnsley , its true what they say its cold up north .l.o.l
just a few bits un bobs about me , made redundant 30th Nov after 32 years .
i used to have a very keen intrest in jewellery making about 6 years ago
did a bit of stone setting ( self taught not very good ) then i lost the end of my right thumb which stopped all that , but i would like to get back into making jewellery maybe larger type stuff bangles ect so looking for ideas on that line something that will be easier to work with & give me more confidence for other jobs . p.m.c. doesn't really do it for me .
in an ideal world would like to make & retail just enough to add to My small pension ,
info for others barnsley college are having a open day 14th Jan they are doing jewellery & silversmithing courses think i will give it a go.
info 6.20pm still snowing
thanks steve :~:

Hi Steve,

A warm welcome from me, as my mum was born in Barnsley. By eck its cold up there, isn't it! Looking forward to seeing some of your work when you've got time.

xx

WitchfordSilver
09-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi Steve, a warn welcome. it only -6 and snow still on the ground here tonight.

But i bet warmer than "up North":Y:

Ominicci
10-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Heloo from me Steve :~:

Just started snowing again here...

Gemma
10-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Hello and :welcome: from me too

AlexandraBuckle
10-01-2010, 02:35 PM
hello from me too :~: