PDA

View Full Version : Any body had any dealings with "shopping bank.com" ?

Rustic Charm
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Has anybody had anything to do with shopping bank.com?? i recieved an email from them today asking if i'd like to add my stuff to their site, if it sells they take a comission, as things like this are totally alien to me i haven't got a clue what to do about it?????

AlexandraBuckle
07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
sorry I've not heard of it!

Fi Wilson
07-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry, not heard of them either. I got a similar email from wowthankyou.co.uk and I emailed them straight back. The response I got was genuine enough and after a bit of research on google I'm taking them up on their offer.

Hope you solve the mystery soon!

Fi

ben b
08-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Remember, it costs just £9 a year to have a dot com web address. Building and hosting a site is easy, and often free, or from just £5 a month.
Thats not a lot, to start a scam, is it? So remember to check for physical address, a land line phone number, not a free, anonymous 0845 redirect number, and check their credentials for a real commitment, phone number, address, etc.
You can google any address, and so often you will find it says 'box office adresses to rent' or so forth, no matter how posh sounding the address.

Just for interest, google for these free 0845 numbers, and see how free and easy it is to get one, and point it to your home phone anonymously.

So always check, google the address, see if its a mailing adress, and dont give any 0845 numbers the thought that theyre 'proffessional' as theyre anything but. They are only used by companies NOT wanting you to KNOW thier lanline number.

I see on thier web site they give a company number. A quick search on companies house, reveals their details as this:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/cfc55fb773fa552c07732852ea08bf10/compdetails

thats a bit more than they give on their site, and you can see thier main business interests in thier REAL trading name "directory technologies"

In this case its not a scam, but a directories listing company, whom make it slightly dificult to contact them on anything but a phone forwarder or email if you do have a problem, but its legit, and the company exists.

on a 'philosophical' note, about the internet, and scams, and legitimacy, and traceability, for a pound, using companies house, and technology, i could have a satelite map of the directors house on screen in about a minute. How cool is that.

AlexandraBuckle
09-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Sorry, not heard of them either. I got a similar email from wowthankyou.co.uk and I emailed them straight back. The response I got was genuine enough and after a bit of research on google I'm taking them up on their offer.

Hope you solve the mystery soon!

Fi

I've just received an email from them too...
just looking into it now :)

Rustic Charm
09-01-2010, 09:44 PM
i spoke to someone yesterday and you have to have paypal pro for a start, they are ringing me back monday as i didn't have access to a pc when i spoke to them and for some reason i need to be at my pc when they go thru erverything with me, i'm only doing it to be nosey really,don't think i will take them up on it but i like to know the ins and outs!!!