PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day & Wedding Season

angel85
05-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Good morning folks,
Xmas has come and gone so quickly but there's no rest for the wicked. What's everyone up to for the pending Valentines Day and Wedding season?
A

Milomade
05-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Is there a wedding season? I thought people got married whenever they felt like it throughout the year.

bustagasket
05-01-2010, 09:08 AM
DONT DO IT!!! :P (sorry lol)

Milomade
05-01-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't do Valentines day, so I guess the Wedding Season will pass me by too.

AlexandraBuckle
05-01-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm doing a jewellery fair on valentines day - not sure if its going to work out or not...

Petal
05-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm doing a jewellery fair on valentines day - not sure if its going to work out or not...

Alex, I would have thought that would be an excellent idea. I was thinking along the same lines and will be looking at where good ones near me will be held ... let us know how you get on. I'm already making red themed sparklies!

BTW I thought traditionally the wedding season was springtime, as that was the one time of the year when people washed! ewwwwww

xx

AlexandraBuckle
05-01-2010, 10:22 AM
It is wedding season now I think!

If you can make it to Northampton on the 14th Feb, i'm sure the organiser will squeeze you in to the fair i'm doing! Might be a bit far from Staffs though!

Petal
05-01-2010, 12:24 PM
It is wedding season now I think!

If you can make it to Northampton on the 14th Feb, i'm sure the organiser will squeeze you in to the fair i'm doing! Might be a bit far from Staffs though!

Nah, thanks for the kind offer Alex., but I think Northampton is a bit too far for me.

xx

Vivia
05-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Ooh, Alex, I'm glad you mentioned that, I think I might come along as a punter! Is it the one at the Saints ground that you're going to?

I hope to do a few craft/jewellery fairs in future, but have been to shamefully few so far!

AlexandraBuckle
06-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Ooh, Alex, I'm glad you mentioned that, I think I might come along as a punter! Is it the one at the Saints ground that you're going to?

I hope to do a few craft/jewellery fairs in future, but have been to shamefully few so far!

Yes it is. How did you hear about it?
I'm doing craft fair there on the 31st Jan as well.

Oooh please do come, it would be lovely to meet a fellow forumer!

Carl Martin
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM

I think the principle of what this organiser is trying to do is very good. My only thought is holding it on the 14th you've kind of missed the boat. Surely the week before or even the Saturday being the 13th would have been a much better and safer option to do in terms of potential sales.
A jewellery fair promoting a specific occassion and holding it on the day seems rather strange to me.
I sincerely hope it goes very well and my reservations are unfounded.

AlexandraBuckle
07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes they were my concerns exactly Carl. Luckily it is not an expensive event and I decided it was worth a punt!

Petal
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Yes they were my concerns exactly Carl. Luckily it is not an expensive event and I decided it was worth a punt!

If they held the event on the Saturday that would have been better. You never know though, there could be some latecommers who want to buy something beautiful from you and 'personally deliver' their valentines on the day! I wish you all the very best and let us know how you get on.

:snow:

AlexandraBuckle
08-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Well i'm hoping that couples will make a special trip to the fair to choose presents for themselves, but we'll see!

Will report back to let you know how I got on!

SilverBlueberry
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Valentine's day caught me a bit by suprise. I always knew it was coming up and I even have ideas but nothing made yet. And now time is running out. I'll probably have things ready when the shopping window for valentine's day is closed again.

I had a jewelry making break during most of December because of Christmas markets and a burglary at my house, and now I'm without home computer and have only just started working on my jewelry again, so I'm soooo behind..

AlexandraBuckle
08-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Valentine's day caught me a bit by suprise. I always knew it was coming up and I even have ideas but nothing made yet. And now time is running out. I'll probably have things ready when the shopping window for valentine's day is closed again.

I had a jewelry making break during most of December because of Christmas markets and a burglary at my house, and now I'm without home computer and have only just started working on my jewelry again, so I'm soooo behind..

Oh no, sorry to hear about the burglary! Thats horrid!

Don't despair though, you still have time to make a few bits for Valentines Day :)

or make some things that will last past Valentines. Not everone wants things with hearts on. That way if they aren't quite finished in time it doesn't matter.

Dizzydiza
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Wedding season kicks off in January. There is always a competition between local hotels as to who can get the first wedding fayre of the year....it usually is the busiest in our area. I am off to the first one this Sunday and thankfully my business cards arrived from vista print today! I am also doing another wedding fayre at the end of January. The next biggy is Valentines Day. There are always quite a few wedding fayres around then heading into March. The wedding season usually dies down about the end of October as people turn their thoughts to Christmas but that's not to say that there are not any weddings. I did quite a few last minute orders in 2009 for November and December. But on the whole my business dies a death in October.