PDA

View Full Version : Texturing hammers

ahunter
18-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Looking for a bit of feedback....

We introduced texturing hammers a few months back... and they've turned out to be the surprise success story of 2009.

Couple of questions 1
1. What other patterns would you like to see ?

2. Strangely enough we'd like to know how you've put them to use (may be obvious - adding texturing/patterns) but just to like to see what use you've made of them.

Have a good weekend

Adam

Di Sandland
18-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Adam you must have just read my previous post! I have looked at the ones you sell. From the top of my head one was a grid and I can't remember what the other was but I think it was a 'regular' sort of pattern.

I'd like something a bit less geometric if that makes sense.

bustagasket
18-12-2009, 08:52 PM
i have bought three of your texturing hammers - the narrow stripes, wide stripes and stars. as yet i have only used the narrow stripe one with any degree of satisfaction which is probably due to my inexperience more than anything. I used it on the fretwork pendents i made

caroleallen
18-12-2009, 08:58 PM
They're lovely Su.

I have the stars one and it's OK but I think I still prefer using my ball pein hammer.

mizgeorge
18-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Those are lovely Su :)

I tried the stripes one, and found it easier to just use a riveting hammer.

I have to admit, I'd rather see a better (and much cheaper!) range of design stamps than more hammers. I have to get these from the US at the moment, and it's not ideal.

Di Sandland
18-12-2009, 09:53 PM

I have to admit, I'd rather see a better (and much cheaper!) range of design stamps than more hammers. I have to get these from the US at the moment, and it's not ideal.

Oooh, yes! There are some brilliant stamps available and I'd definitely be up for acquiring some of those. In fact, it could become quite an obsession.

Lisa Quinn
18-12-2009, 10:00 PM

Totally agree, it is much harder to achieve an even pattern with a hammer with distinctive markings i.e stars, a punch allows more precise marking ( well sort of !!)

Emerald
18-12-2009, 10:01 PM
i would love some stamps much prefer them to the hammers, sorry just wouldnet buy one

bustagasket
18-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Ty G, i dont actually know what these stamp things are

mizgeorge
18-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Have a look at some of these Su - there are some fab designs around :)

Metal Stamping Tools : Beaducation, Jewelry Making Classes When You Want, Where You Want (http://www.beaducation.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=101)

It seems nonsensical that these are under ten dollars each, and the nearest equivalent here is over £25!

bustagasket
18-12-2009, 10:39 PM
omg they are wonderful, so yes i agree i am liking the look of those stamps and could easily see me becomming addicted to them lol

Emerald
18-12-2009, 10:41 PM
oh i have looked at those many a time G but sooo expensive x

mizgeorge
18-12-2009, 10:47 PM
oh i have looked at those many a time G but sooo expensive x

but not expensive at all if you compare to:

Jewellery Making Supplies | Cookson Gold Precious Metals | Jewellery Findings (http://www.cooksongold.com/category_select.jsp?query=decorative+punches+:&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit=submit)

bustagasket
18-12-2009, 11:51 PM
i have just spent nearly an hour and a half dribbling over that site lol

mizgeorge
19-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Sorry Su ;)

Petal
19-12-2009, 12:31 PM

Metal Stamping Tools : Beaducation, Jewelry Making Classes When You Want, Where You Want (http://www.beaducation.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=101)

It seems nonsensical that these are under ten dollars each, and the nearest equivalent here is over £25!

I was looking at the textured hammers too, but decided against them until I've got some experience under my belt. I would like to get some stamps in future, so that I can incorporate them into my designs, or use them as a 'signature' to my work.

It would be great if Cookies could come up with something of their usual high quality, but at a lower price?

Sunnybank
19-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Lovely pendants Su.

I probably wouldn't buy a textured hammer, but the punches look brilliant. :snow:

kymbi
19-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I bought a texturing hammer from Cookies earlier this year - I think it had stripes on one side and squares on the other. I've been ok ith it, but prefer to make stripes with a hammer. On the other hand I love design stamps/punches and have a couple bought from US (Etsy). I would love to see more of these at an affordable price.

Lindyloo
19-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I probably wouldn't buy the hammers either. I like to do my own texturing.

Lisa Quinn
20-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Lisa at Beaducation uses the cheapest postage that she can and if you wait for discount codes to become available you can get up 10% discount. In addition to this she has tutorials on her website to show the best way to use the stamps. I looked at the Cookies ones but they were so expensive it was cheaper to buy them from the States.

bustagasket
20-12-2009, 08:33 PM
don't make me spennd another couple of hours drooling on that sie lol

bustagasket
20-12-2009, 08:36 PM
don't make me spennd another couple of hours drooling on that site lol

ahunter
21-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for all the feedback on the texturing hammers, plus the information on the stamps was really helpful - love the mix of designs.

I've passed to our new product team and they'll look at this for next year.

If you have any other new product suggestions please let us know.

Adam H