PDA

View Full Version : Posting jewellery

angel85
17-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey,
Has any body ever had an specific problems having their jewellery delivered using Royal mail or any other service/courier? Whats peoples preferred methods? Good experiences? BAD EXPERIENCES?

:snowman:

Just wanted to use one of these great smilies

Polly
18-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi, sorry, I've not sent any jewellery via any postal or delivery services, so afraid I can't help at all. Just wanted to respond though as your post looked a little lonely!

:xmaswave:

minnie
18-12-2009, 09:10 PM
:)If you send jewellery in the post by Special Delivery, Royal Mail, you choose bands of insurance and can track and trace the packets. in the event of loss you are compensated.

Pack the work well and put a return address on the back of the envelope.( in case of non delivery problems)

I do this all the time and all my work is safe.They will even refund postage for late delivery.

PM me if you have any further questions.

Christine

Emerald
18-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I sent some bits out yesterday by normal post and they arrived this morning but i know when we did the secret santa some bits took a while to arrive but it was the first week of December if you are concerned about sending send them recorded x

lilacmonkey
20-12-2009, 08:09 AM
special delivery everytime as the postoffice will not compensate for jewellery sent via recorded delivery.
hope this helps

stu g

lesley
20-12-2009, 04:39 PM
One thing I also bear in mind is the size of the finished package.
Some of my boxes are quite deep and I tend to send those by a signed for service, regardless of value, in case the contents are damaged by being forced through a letterbox.

caroleallen
20-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I send out about 50 boxes a week in the run up to Christmas and unless it's valuable (ie over £100) I always send by 1st class recorded delivery. I know it's not insured but so far (touch wood) I haven't had a problem.