PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Lindyloo
24-07-2009, 08:25 PM
I am thrilled to find the Cookson's forum. I recently stopped attending an evening jewellery course and now find myself with no-one to answer all those niggling questions. So I look forward to picking the brains of all of you knowledgeable jewellers.:rolleyes:

Charlotte
24-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Hello Lindyloo, welcome to the forum! I read that as "So I look forward to pickling your brains"... I think I've been on cooksons too long:o

julie
24-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Hello Lindyloo

AlexandraBuckle
25-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Hello and welcome Lindyloo. Please don't pickle my brain :)

Di Sandland
25-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Hello LindyLou - I'm new too!

Di x

Solunar Silver Studio
25-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Lindyloo, Just wondering why you stopped the evening class?? (Yes, I'm nosey!):o It's just that there was a discussion on here last week about less than perfect tutors/courses and it seemed like we had all had one or the other!!
Come on:).........spill!!:D
Barbara

Lindyloo
25-07-2009, 09:11 PM
No, nothing to do with tutors. I had been there for quite a while, and learnt a lot, although it was getting to the stage where I was not picking up many new skills. So it had kind of run its course for me.

But I do miss the access to the workshop. And what I really need is a more intensive course, but it is not the right time for me at the moment.
:(

MuranoSilver
25-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Lindyloo
Welcome to the forum, don't mind me my brain was pickled a long time ago ;)
nic x

bustagasket
26-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Hi lindyloo, i am a newbie both here and in my jeweellery making, but i am loving both :)

Ominicci
28-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Lindy. I know what you mean about classes. I've kept going just for the access to tools and discussions with the tutor and classmates. My tutor only runs one 8 week course every year though so it's not like I'm spending money for the sake of it, it really is useful.

julie
28-07-2009, 12:53 PM
i understand that lindyloo i feel the same i enrolled again this year just so i could have access to tools that i haven't got at home & the kiln so i can do "PMC" it's an AEC silversmithing course but learning is limited so i try and find courses to learn more i'd like to do a full time silversmithing course in rochester but i can't commit to that at the moment :'(