PDA

View Full Version : New retail site - wowthankyou

Fi Wilson
01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi,

For some reason the email to my jewellery account has only just decided to show an email that was sent to me at the beginning of November :(| by Tracey Klifford who is setting up a new retail website, www.wowthankyou.co.uk (http://www.wowthankyou.co.uk). Has anyone else here been approached by them to become a 'supplier'? I've done a quick google search and found a discussion on folksy.com (http://forums.folksy.com/forums/6/topics/5666) but I've not been able to find any threads about them here.

I'd be interested to know what other people think who've been contacted. I might be a bit over cautious but I don't want to get stung just when I'm starting out.

Thanks,
Fi

Di Sandland
01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Well, Fi, I'm usually a bit suspicious but the woman seems very open. Don't know what else to say at the moment.

geti-titanium
01-12-2009, 01:27 PM
hmmmm! tricky one.

Her commission is reasonable, but it is a new website with hardly any traffic to begin with. I would want to know how successful it was before paying to join. If you don't need to pay to join then you've got nothing to lose.

A site that charges you to join sends a message to me that they don't think they are going to sell many products. If they were going to sell loads of products they would be falling over themselves to get people on there.

mizgeorge
01-12-2009, 01:39 PM
There's been a lot of chat about this one on the craftsforum site if that's any help?

caroleallen
01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
A difficult one. I was in the same quandary when I was contacted by Notonthehighstreet and asked to join. They'd only just started up and the joining fee nearly put me off. Thank God it didn't. I've also been part of a couple of other retail sites which failed, so it's a bit of a gamble. Not much help really!

AlexandraBuckle
01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
A difficult one. I was in the same quandary when I was contacted by Notonthehighstreet and asked to join. They'd only just started up and the joining fee nearly put me off. Thank God it didn't. I've also been part of a couple of other retail sites which failed, so it's a bit of a gamble. Not much help really!

I was contacted by noths too and dismissed it. I'm now finding it v.difficult to get noticed by them :(

Its tricky isn't it - hard to know whether to take a 'punt' on these things when they come along....

Fi Wilson
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone for getting back to me. :Y: As there's no registration fee to join at the moment I suppose there's nothing to lose. I just have to put up one item to sell before their deadline so it's not exactly going to break the bank I suppose.

Hopefully it will become as popular as 'notonthehighstreet' and I'll regret it if I don't take the plunge.

The good thing is that they've delayed their official launch until spring next year due to the number of interested people who were saying they were already busy with their Christmas makes and sales so hopefully, I'll be set up properly then too! Well, that's the theory! :xmaslaugh:

Will keep everyone updated of how it goes.

Thanks again.
Fi

lesley
01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I've had a similar email from someone at a "VR Gallery" but I just ignored it.
Anyone heard of them?