PDA

View Full Version : Off on another Jolly

Emerald
26-11-2009, 05:07 PM
well i am off to another xmas sale god this is hard in this cold weather taking my 8 year old with me she has bracelets on both arms lol if she cant make them buy no one can, wish me luck ............ again :Y:

Di Sandland
26-11-2009, 05:17 PM
your work is your luck! But, every little helps so good luck

Lisa Quinn
26-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Have a fabulous night Jo, people are definitely getting more Christmassy, I went to one last night and did much better than I expected, I'm sure people are fed up of hearing "credit crunch this credit crunch that..blah, blah, blah...", and have started to get all jolly and are spending, so you will sell lots of your lovely jewellery and you will be stressing tomorrow because you are hopelessly short of stock for your next event !!

Lisa xx

Petal
26-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm sure you'll do fine Jo, but the best of luck from me too. [] Tell us all about it when you recover.

xx

bustagasket
26-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Hope its going wel jo :D []

Lindyloo
26-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Good luck Jo. Is this a jewellery party?

How do you find the time to run a jewellery business with an 8 year old? I can't imagine being able to do it. Today, I really wanted to spend all day in the workshop. But I was interrupted by the shopping delivery man (and having to put the groceries away), and my day actually ended around 2pm when I knew I couldn't get anything more done without the stress of being late for the school run. Then after that it's homework duty, dinner duty, after school clubs etc. There just doesn't seem the time.

lesley
26-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Good luck to you and Santa's little helper. :reindeer:

caroleallen
26-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Hope it goes well for you.

Emerald
26-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Shoot me now!

geti-titanium
26-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Shoot me now!

OK :bauble:

Lindyloo
26-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Subtle as ever Geti. What's up Jo?

Emerald
26-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh Geti love you to.................not.

These people think they are invicible charge you for the table but dont get anyone throught the door as long as ther charity or whatever has made a profit from the table sales ........oh so wrong and me and my big mouth just put em right oooops dont think i will be invited again lol usually use these as cheap advertising but if there i no one to advertise to............................

The Dragon
26-11-2009, 10:14 PM
:bauble: Good Luck :bauble:

Di Sandland
26-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Err - not good then Jo :-O

Emerald
26-11-2009, 10:23 PM
:bauble: Good Luck :bauble:

ummmmmm did you not see the shoot me now Aninie lol xx

Lindyloo
26-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Oh dear. What a shame Jo.

AlexandraBuckle
27-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh no, sorry it didn't go well :(

agent_44
27-11-2009, 09:41 AM
What a pain, it sounds like you wouldn't want to go back anyway Jo ;)

Emerald
27-11-2009, 09:50 AM
What a pain, it sounds like you wouldn't want to go back anyway Jo ;)

No Lucinda dont think i will be going back either but i have another one on Monday and dont want to do it now but hey ho what else would one be doing on a cold Monday night and i have just cancelled another as its quite far away and i think they are charging far to much so i am off to tidy the house with the intention of doing a couple here, all welcome lol xx :hohoho:

Di Sandland
27-11-2009, 10:21 AM
here, all welcome lol xx :hohoho:

Well you're only 3 hours up the motorway ;) (which never ceases to amaze me)

Lisa Quinn
27-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I am so sorry that you had a grotty night, I think that the hardest thing in this business is finding really good venues, I think I am more surprised when an event goes well, than when it is dire! Advertising seems to be the last thing that some organisers think of, when commonsense dictates that this is the most vital issue that should be addresssed, no peeps through the door = a failed event in my book.

I really hope that your house shopping evening goes brilliantly for you xx

No Lucinda dont think i will be going back either but i have another one on Monday and dont want to do it now but hey ho what else would one be doing on a cold Monday night and i have just cancelled another as its quite far away and i think they are charging far to much so i am off to tidy the house with the intention of doing a couple here, all welcome lol xx :hohoho:

Emerald
27-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks Lisa xx

Anytime Di you are welcome xx

Emerald
30-11-2009, 10:08 PM
well off i went again tonight dident think i would tempt fait by posting, and this one so much better actually took some money this time, out in the back of beyond but the ambiance etc etc so much better and have got a party booked before xmas with a load of nurses,

Geti do you want to come! xx (god that sounds bad :rofl:, oh no even worse!)

geti-titanium
30-11-2009, 10:18 PM
and have got a party booked before xmas with a load of nurses,

Nurses? (EARS prick up and insert xmas emoticon with Santa frothing at the mouth here)

Geti do you want to come! xx

Do you need me to model any underwear or test any toys? Or is it not that sort of party? :hohoho:

Emerald
30-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Model .................................................. ..pmsl :X

geti-titanium
30-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Model .................................................. ..pmsl

I'll have you know I've been turned down by loads of top London model agencies :~:

Emerald
30-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I'll have you know I've been turned down by loads of top London model agencies :~:

For............................................... ........?

geti-titanium
30-11-2009, 10:28 PM
For............................................... ........?

Officially, I didn't have the look that they were after at the time - but I'm fairly sure my time will come :xmaslaugh:

Lisa Quinn
04-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I have to set off in a couple of hours to set up for tonight's jolly and am feeling a bit like Jo last week, it's cold, I have an earache and I have never done this venue before and I'm feeling really negative about it all. I hate selling my jewellery, I don't want to convince people to buy it, I only want people who love it to buy my jewellery, I may not be the best jewellery maker in the world, but I really do put my heart and soul into every piece I make and if one person says something along the lines of "it's a bit expensive " tonight they will receive a Christmassy Glasgow kiss from me !

Rant over..... feeling better now xx

Emerald
04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Hope its good for you Lisa let us know how it goes:Y:

Tigerlily
04-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I have to set off in a couple of hours to set up for tonight's jolly and am feeling a bit like Jo last week, it's cold, I have an earache and I have never done this venue before and I'm feeling really negative about it all. I hate selling my jewellery, I don't want to convince people to buy it, I only want people who love it to buy my jewellery, I may not be the best jewellery maker in the world, but I really do put my heart and soul into every piece I make and if one person says something along the lines of "it's a bit expensive " tonight they will receive a Christmassy Glasgow kiss from me !

Rant over..... feeling better now xx

Good luck Lisa, hope you have a good evening and sell lots of all your lovely shiny goodies xx

lesley
04-12-2009, 12:55 PM
and if one person says something along the lines of "it's a bit expensive " tonight they will receive a Christmassy Glasgow kiss from me !

Hee hee, I'd like to see that. :) Hope it goes well.