PDA

View Full Version : A couple of new bits and some insanity :)

mizgeorge
24-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Couple of commissions first - yet another spinny thing - this time with one of Lorna Prime (pixiewillow)'s awesome beads and a Sowzere silk ribbon:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/mizgeorge/spinningframeAS.jpg

Then a Euro 4-1 on the bias bracelet for a customer who wanted something a bit more 'lacy' than the regular weave. It was a pain to get started, but the end result is quite pretty - and very much lighter than usual too:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/mizgeorge/DSC01106Custom.jpg

Then for the madness.
I got it into my head that I wanted an alternative to my usual Jens Pind Linkage bracelet for silver core/big hole beads and thought I'd do some etruscan/loop in loop (which I haven't done for ages). I could only find 0.5mm fine silver in the drawer, so decided to use that. It was, erm, fiddly to say the least. It's actually only just over 100 links, but it felt like three times that. Not its final end caps, I need to make some and solder them on, but I wanted to try it out so just crimped some on for now. Final diamater 3mm on the diagonal and 2.25 on the square.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/mizgeorge/etruscan2.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/mizgeorge/etruscan1.jpg

I think that's the last one I'll do in fine silver - I've been doing more fusing with argentium recently, and I find it SO much stronger and nicer to work with.

snow_imp
24-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh, nice pieces as ever George. Love the chain maille - I really must try the Jens Pind weave again! I didn't have much joy last time, I'm not sure if it was the AR again - what diameter wire and AR to you use for it? If you don't mind me asking.

Sunnybank
24-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Beautiful, I particularly love the 'spinney thing'.

Lisa Quinn
24-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Verrrry nice George, I'm particularly enamoured with your "spinny thing" the colours are delicious.

And as for the bracelets..... wow.... I could never imagine being able to do that in a million years,

Lisa x

mizgeorge
24-11-2009, 03:16 PM
... I really must try the Jens Pind weave again! I didn't have much joy last time, I'm not sure if it was the AR again - what diameter wire and AR to you use for it? If you don't mind me asking.

JPL needs an AR of 2.9 to 3.1 (anything higher won't lock). My favourite mandrel for 1mm wire for this is a very lightly sanded down 3.0mm bamboo knitting needle. One of my most popular pieces is this scaled down version for silver core/big hole/charm beads.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/mizgeorge/dominicasmallwithspacers.jpg

Di Sandland
24-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Oy, George, you're a mad woman! <:)-

I've often looked at those Etruscan loop chain things and thought, yeah, I'll give that a go one day. Oh, I so won't!

Your work, as ever is divine. :respekt:

Emerald
24-11-2009, 03:29 PM
The Lorna Prime Bead pendant is lovely George as are both the Bracelets you must have real patience:bauble:

bustagasket
24-11-2009, 03:41 PM
they looked wonderful- i sat drooling oveer the three chain maille books that i took receipt of yesterday, and i can wait to try everything out in there that i fgot so excited about. not looking forward to cuttin all the jump rings mind lol

Petal
24-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Gorgeous as per usual G,

Those weaves both look hellish but I would say that all that hard work was definitely worth it. Try and get a pandora bracelet as good as that, it just wouldn't happen.

That first kinetic pendant is stunning and the colours of the silk work amazingly, it also looks incredibly contemporary and the finish on all pieces simply superb. :Y:

This site is a nightmare, so many things I want to try, fabrics, lots of kinetics, maille, keum-boo, texturing, the list is endless.

I wondered why you'd been a bit quiet lately and now I know why! WOW. I can't imagine how many hours/days they took to make, but as Jason says, your jewellery is simply stunning!

:respekt:

Jayne
24-11-2009, 04:20 PM
All of it is just beautiful. And beautifully photographed :)
J x
and I bet you've got nice gift boxes too!?

kymbi
24-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Gorgeous work George - I love your spinning pendants and Lorna's focal on this one is perfectly matched with one of Diane's fab silks :D Your maille pieces are beautiful (as usual) and you must have the patience of a saint! I do small amounts of byzantine and shaggy loops and these hurt my head with the concentration let alone attempting anything like your weaves.

MuranoSilver
24-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Oh my goodness they are gorgeous...love the spinner & the Jens Pind, deffo mad on the tiny silver though, lol
nic xx

Ominicci
24-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Fabulous George!!

Love the spinner (and the bead lol) - you always get them so neat!

Mila Jewellery
24-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh your spinny thing is gorgeous! I've really got a thing for lampwork and glass beads at the moment and that certainly inspires me to go and buy more materials! (I can hear the credit card wimpering in my purse!)

And the bracelets....amazing and what patience! Some lovely work there x

Trudy
24-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Really beautiful. I love all your spinny pendants :)

amazingbabe
24-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Love it , Love it, Love it all , stunning work :xmas-):

lesley
24-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh, lovely pieces, George!
Does such small close work not make you go cross eyed? :)

Di Sandland
24-11-2009, 07:09 PM
going cross eyed is only possible if you're not that way already...

mizgeorge
24-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Actually, my eyesight's far too bad to go cross eyed. I do most of my small stuff by touch, and rely on taking photos to show up any really awful flaws!

Emerald
24-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Actually, my eyesight's far too bad to go cross eyed. I do most of my small stuff by touch, and rely on taking photos to show up any really awful flaws!

lol you and me both x

Lindyloo
24-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I love your stuff George, and these pieces are gorgeous as ever.

Gemma
24-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Gorgeous stuff George

caroleallen
24-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Lovely. The spinney thing's beautiful.

snow_imp
25-11-2009, 11:37 AM
JPL needs an AR of 2.9 to 3.1 (anything higher won't lock). My favourite mandrel for 1mm wire for this is a very lightly sanded down 3.0mm bamboo knitting needle. One of my most popular pieces is this scaled down version for silver core/big hole/charm beads.

Thanks for the information George - i'll have another go when I've finished some jump rings. (Note to self - sort out bench peg!!)