PDA

View Full Version : sticking 2 art clay pieces together

Oakenelf
21-11-2009, 10:29 AM
just made a silver leaf in art clay 650, and a little tiny bug with a peridot in it (I fired the peridot directly into the bug - it was fine!) Question - how do I attatch the peridot set bug to the silver leaf? (I made the leaf and bug as seperate items but I just sat the bug on the leaf to see what it looks like and I now want to make it stick!) Can't solder it (I dont know if you can solder fired art clay anyway?????) because of the peridot. Any ideas?

Gemma
21-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I haven't played with clay yet but read lots! Can you use slip? Then refire?
I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing will be along to help soon.
Want to see it when its done (or before ;) ) It sounds cute

Solunar Silver Studio
21-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi - you can join pieces of fired pmc together with lavender oil slip. Nic (Murano) has given some information here http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/clay/1314-refiring-fired-pmc-new-bits.html. I hope the peridot fires as well second time round! I've not tried adding gems yet so that is new territory for me!!

Oakenelf
21-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Thank you - I will give it a go - It is new territory for me to - I just ripped open the packet and went nuts! I thought that if I thought about it for too long I would chicken out and never open it!

abyjem
24-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi, I've stuck two fired pieces together with no problem by using thick slip - mke sure its squeezed together really well & leave overnight. When dry sand paper off all the rough bits of slip from the join and then re-fire - works really well.