PDA

View Full Version : County Shows

Lisa Quinn
19-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I am just starting to sort out my bookings for 2010 and was wondering if anyone had any experience of the large county shows? It is quite an expensive initial outlay and I wondered if anyone here has had a stand at one of them before? Is it worth the cost?

caroleallen
19-11-2009, 09:00 PM
It's only worth it if the organiser stipulates handmade by stallholder only. I've done several shows where I've been up against loads of bought in stuff and it's soul destroying. Our local county show is always my very best event for the year (apart from Christmas) as it's all good quality hand made stuff in the marquee where I am. Other people in different marquees don't always do so well.

minnie
19-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Hello

I learnt the hard way, county shows etc have craft etc as add ons.Beware anything that says 'Craft and Gift' that means made and imported.

Be aware that all of the gardening., county shows etc have an audience of families etc not an art based clientelle. the budget will be spent on entry, food, entertaining children etc and in this situation the male leads away from female interested items.( you don't want that come on........)

Unless you can be guaranteed not to be fighting against imports don't do it.

Not meaning to be negative but have been there.

Lisa Quinn
22-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks very much for your advice, I think , based on your experiences, that I will err on the side of caution and just book one big local show next year and see how it goes.