PDA

View Full Version : Link to "jewelry that sells online" video

Solunar Silver Studio
19-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't know if this is any good...it is 90 minutes long and is by a lady over the pond that likes to waffle! I recently signed up to the newsletter and haven't really formed an opinion yet...but this morning recieved a link to a free video for successfully selling your jewellery online... You do have to sign up and log in but it is all free. I have listened to the first 5 minutes or so but don't have time for the rest at the moment! She says she will only have it available for a week online so I thought I'd mention it here....

I will sit and listen to it while I am doing other things later and, in my view, if I only learn one new thing from it it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!!

Anyway - this is the website Handmade Results : Get Results Selling Your Jewelry Online (http://www.handmaderesults.com/) You have to register and then the video is in the 'Learning Centre'. I don't think it will be to everyone's taste (having listened to the first bit...but it may get deeper as it progresses!!) Over to you lot...

Rock Hard Fairy
05-01-2010, 12:21 PM
That's an hour of my life I won't get back and I skipped a fair bit too! lol She doesn't tell you anything you can't find on the internet for free or in a good marketing book. What she is doing is making you think she knows how to sell jewellery online - except she doesn't, she gave up her Etsy shop - now surely if she knows all the secrets of selling jewellery online she'd be making a bomb selling it?! A case of those that can't teach. In a nut shell she is selling a premium marketing course to tell you more about how to sell online without actually doing it herself - so where's the proof what she teaches works? She makes her money from her site by affiliation not selling jewellery, this she freely admits on her site!

As with most things craft based - the money is in selling the components and tools rather than the end product and I don't think there is a simple, clear cut 'one size fits all' way of selling jewellery online - what works for one may not work for someone else but interesting nevertheless - thank you for posting the link, you might find this interesting from her site if you've not already read it... What's Your Jewelry Business Success Proof? | Handmade Results (http://www.handmaderesults.com/840/jewelry-success-proof/)

Helenka
08-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that one - am glad I won't wast my time then.