PDA

View Full Version : Cufflinks

Kermit
17-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone.

Thought I'd show you some cufflinks that I made at the weekend. I was thinking that they would make a good item at a reasonable price for christmas fairs as no one ever knows what to get men for christmas.

cufflinks - Shared photo album - PhotoBox (http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/238340035)

(How do you get the photo's to appear as thumbnails ????) :confused:

Jane x

HannahJewelleryDesigns
17-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh Kermit I like those! I find it quite hard to make "Manly" jewellery without making things overly chunky, but you have hit the nail on the head with those!=D>
As for thumbnails- i think you use the paperclip icon at the top of the 'reply to thread' box but Im not entirely sure! One of the lovely brainiacs on here is bound to know!

Di Sandland
17-11-2009, 11:03 AM
What are those 'suede-like' stones then?

And , yes, for thumbnail, use the paperclip attachement on top row of the tool bar above.

amazingbabe
17-11-2009, 11:29 AM
What are those 'suede-like' stones then?

And , yes, for thumbnail, use the paperclip attachement on top row of the tool bar above.

oh Di I always wondered how all of you added thumbnails, i am just glad somebody else asked !!! But guess what,,,, thicko here can't find that paper clip that you mentioned oopsss !!!#-o
Can i please have a little more detail, sorry for bugging you...:xmas;_):

amazingbabe
17-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone.

Thought I'd show you some cufflinks that I made at the weekend. I was thinking that they would make a good item at a reasonable price for christmas fairs as no one ever knows what to get men for christmas.

cufflinks - Shared photo album - PhotoBox (http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/238340035)

(How do you get the photo's to appear as thumbnails ????) :confused:

Jane x

Jane those cufflinks are so gorgeous,, Never thought of doing them that way... | actually have my first set of cufflinks in pickle, they are bezel set and i am quite excited about them, but your are so gorgeous and unique, i have never seen them done that way xxx:xmas;_):

mizgeorge
17-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Nice man colour choices!

I sell lots of these - and also ones made in this style
pearl cufflinks on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mizgeorge/3483200873/in/set-72157612285052032/)

They're nice made with lampies too ;)

lesley
17-11-2009, 11:41 AM
They look great! I was trying to think of a way to do cufflinks without soldering. Do they really stay put?

amazingbabe
17-11-2009, 11:46 AM
wow they are gorgeous george, so simple yet so so gorgeous ... What size pearls do you use for those cufflinks ?? xx:xmaslaugh:

Di Sandland
17-11-2009, 11:51 AM
oh Di I always wondered how all of you added thumbnails, i am just glad somebody else asked !!! But guess what,,,, thicko here can't find that paper clip that you mentioned oopsss !!!#-o
Can i please have a little more detail, sorry for bugging you...:xmas;_):

When you click on reply, your little panel comes up to type in. At the top of that panel, there is a double row tool bar (click on the thumbnail below to see what I mean)

you should see the paperclip 6 items in from the left on the top row.

amazingbabe
17-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Speak slowly Di, I'm Irish ha ha ha,,, :giggle: no seriously thank you so much, i've got it now thanks to you my darling thank you so so much []

Kermit
17-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I was doing it with the insert image button - thanks for enlightening me!!

I love the pearl cufflinks - hadn't thought of using a bar.....

The round stones are Picasso Jasper - but are a matt finish, not polished and I thought they'd be perfect for men!

My husband thought I was mad when at 7am on sunday morning I was going through his wardrobe to find a shirt to check the size of the beads that would go through the holes to use as the back bead on the cufflinks ! I was at a fair all day on sunday and try to be productive with my time rather than just sitting and nattering with whoever is on the stall next to me!!

Now I just need to hope they sell.... next fair on Thursday evening, then a two day one at the weekend !

snow_imp
17-11-2009, 12:08 PM
They look great - good luck with the fairs.

mizgeorge
17-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Lesley, they're double looped wrapped headpins through the beads, so they aren't going anywhere! Linked with 1.3mm wire jumprings, which are hard enough to open with pliers let alone any other way :)

Gayle, I generally use 8 or 10mm pearls for these - if I put a pearl either end (which I do for ladies cufflinks) I use a 10mm and a 6mm.

lesley
17-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Lesley, they're double looped wrapped headpins through the beads, so they aren't going anywhere! Linked with 1.3mm wire jumprings, which are hard enough to open with pliers let alone any other way :)

What I mean is, if the bead goes through the cuff holes why doesn't it just fall out?
With the bar ones they turn sideways and so don't slip out.

Di Sandland
17-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Speak slowly Di, I'm Irish ha ha ha,,, :giggle: no seriously thank you so much, i've got it now thanks to you my darling thank you so so much []

My pleasure Gayle ;)

mizgeorge
17-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Lesley, one end is a bead big enough to stay on the front, the other is either a bar, or a slightly smaller bead that will just push through the buttonhole (like a button) but not pop straight out again ;)

MuranoSilver
17-11-2009, 01:16 PM
neat - love jasper for guys designs :)

Ominicci
17-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Fantastic designs everyone!! :Y: