PDA

View Full Version : Trying out my first Hallmarking session

Hart-Star
16-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi folks,
I've just finished relocating my shed/workshop/production facility from Northumberland to Cornwall, (just down the road from the Mid Cornwall School of jewellery - but no links)

Having slowly learned how to make stuff, and even to prepare master patterns to send off to a caster, I have reached the realisation that the pieces are big enough to need a Hallmark. Sadly the graphical punch I have been using isn't adequate.

So having chosen a Sponsors Mark (HS) I'm sending my first batch off to be hallmarked today.

I guess its taken me some 4 years of weekends and evenings to get me this far.

lorraineflee
16-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. Good luck with the hall-marking.
Lorraine

bustagasket
16-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the forums, great to hear you are getting stuff hallmarked etc, looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

Ominicci
16-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Hello Neil :welcome: to the forum!

Let us know how you get on with your hallmarking experience as mine was a bit disappointing as it is soooo tiny, not like you see in shops...

What size punch did you go for and which assay office are you using?

Gemma
16-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Hello and :welcome: from me too

snow_imp
16-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Hello and welcome.

Jayne
16-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi there HS & welcome to the forum! :~:
J x

Solunar Silver Studio
16-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi Neil!:~: Well - you sound like a fun guy!! (...just had a sneeky peek at your profile!:Y:) Hopefully, you will have loads more reasons to be cheerful now you have joined us!! I hope all goes well with your hallmarking - I am assuming you are doing silver...although your 'fishes' has a definite gold cast to it!...you'll have to give us a progres report in a few days time!
What a great place to have moved to! Are you signing up for loads of courses?? I am determined to get there one day to do the PMC Diploma...saving my pennies like mad! Anyway - did I forget to say :welcome: ?