PDA

View Full Version : Used Pandys Focal bead

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I have finally taken a piccy of the pendant i have made using our very own Pandanimals "Leopard Swirl" focal bead, which i snapped up as soon as she put it up for sale lol.

I decided to incorporate the swirls at the bottom and hung them on the wiggly top bit but then saw that they wouldnt stay in position so i then added the "outriggers" up the side to make them stay put and i was quite pleased with the look. I added the rings for strength and then ummed and arred about attaching the chain or just threading it as it shows in the photo. The jury is still out on that one lol. Also used some lovely little green beads from pandy, to make another set of earrings. And finally, the gems are now set into the garland bracelet. Pics are crap as usual, i am still fighting my camera *sigh* Feedback appreciated, and yes J, i know the stone setting needs work lol :P

Gemma
13-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Love them all. Great framing of pandanimals bead. :D

Whats wrong with your photos?!?

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 11:33 AM
erm where do i start, wrong light, bad focus, iffy staging, bad focus, ify jewellery, BAD FOCUS lol if you havent guessed it already, i have trouble getting close ups lol

Emerald
13-11-2009, 11:34 AM
love the framing of pandys beads Su well done, not sure i would have the two danglys at the top of the earrings although hard to tell unless worn but fab beads and the settings in the bracelet look real good for a newbie lol :Y: xx

Ominicci
13-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Newbie, what newbie, where?????

Lovely swirly bits!!!!

Gemma
13-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I like the staging!!
Jewellery definiately not iffy.. its gorgeous. <3<3
As for focus...well, I'm not fussy but looks ok to me ;)

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 11:44 AM
love the framing of pandys beads Su well done, not sure i would have the two danglys at the top of the earrings although hard to tell unless worn but fab beads and the settings in the bracelet look real good for a newbie lol xx

Ty hun. []Yeah i know what you mean about the earrings they are ok on but i was really struggling for inspiration that night lol

Newbie, what newbie, where?????

Lovely swirly bits!!!!

I AM DE NOOB!! []

I like the staging!!
Jewellery definiately not iffy.. its gorgeous. <3<3
As for focus...well, I'm not fussy but looks ok to me

Aww ty hun :D

Lisa Quinn
13-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Well done Su, I love your garland bracelet and the bezels look fine to me, but particularly loving "leopard swirl" pendant x

Jayne
13-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh sis', you are sooo clever! =D>
They are lovely pieces. Now be a good girl & take a bow ;)
J x

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Well done Su, I love your garland bracelet and the bezels look fine to me, but particularly loving "leopard swirl" pendant x

Ty Lisa i am rather taken with the pendent i have to admit

Well done Suzie Su, looking fab to me and also the collet setting looks great!

Bet you weren't expecting that. LOL

It's passed the setting queens quality control.:D

LMAO I most certainly wasnt!! (I will await the real quality control report later in messenger :P)

Oh sis', you are sooo clever! =D>
They are lovely pieces. Now be a good girl & take a bow ;)
J x

Lol ty hun, *hurried bow and exit stage right* >>>>>>>>>>>>

MuranoSilver
13-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Su it wont be long before the next newbie to join will be moaning they can't make things like you!
Love the wire wrapping
Nic x

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Su it wont be long before the next newbie to join will be moaning they can't make things like you!
Love the wire wrapping
Nic x

lmao that'll be the day, but ty hun :D []

lesley
13-11-2009, 03:11 PM
They're lovely! I particularly like the design of the bracelet - fab. :Y:

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 03:22 PM
ty very muchly :D

mizgeorge
13-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Great to see the pendant with its stones in Su' - you've done a fab job on setting them :)

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Great to see the pendant with its stones in Su' - you've done a fab job on setting them :)

Thankee kindly :D, pandies bead is lovely for the pendent, clever old stick she is.

mizgeorge
13-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Sorry, my brain's clearly gone to mush - I was, of course, complimenting you on your stone setting in the bracelet :)

lorraineflee
13-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Su they are all great - aren't you a clever girl!!!
Lorraine

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry, my brain's clearly gone to mush - I was, of course, complimenting you on your stone setting in the bracelet :)

lol its ok i guessed - i live with dyslexics so i have got good over the years lol

Su they are all great - aren't you a clever girl!!!
Lorraine

aww ty very much :)

Lindyloo
13-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Lovely swirlies Su. Looking like a pro. And if you are having trouble with close-up pics, it may just be the camera. I have trouble too, because I just have a little boxy digital camera. And they aren't as good at photographing close up as a good camera because they don't work so well in low light. A really bright day can help. Not so easy in winter.

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 09:48 PM
i think i may have to start looking at some secondhand DSLR cameras so that i can do these close ups

Emerald
13-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I have a small digital camera and i use the macro and last night i found it had a tungsten light setting, have a play and see what you can find x

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 10:03 PM
hi Jo yeah i was having a play with the settings today but nothing drastic was happeneing. I have three lights on my little tent - top and both sides but just cant do those beautifully clear close up shots that i hanker for

Emerald
13-11-2009, 10:10 PM
i used a 10 pixel camera about £54.00 in argos for this shot and then i used picassa to touch it up and crop x

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 10:15 PM
i only have 5mp atm

Emerald
13-11-2009, 10:17 PM
ah so you need to upgrade your pixel you dont have to spend a fortune, but i see you have started another thread so you will get some good info on there xx xx

Solunar Silver Studio
14-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Just wondering if you use a tripod, Su'? It might not be the camera if you are trying to hold it still for a close up shot.

bustagasket
14-11-2009, 09:13 AM
yep i got me a tripod now no no camera shakle

snow_imp
14-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Su, all those pieces look great - my favourite is the bracelet, I love the clean lines.

bustagasket
14-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks anne :)