PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Boo!!

AlexandraBuckle
12-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello, i just want to say a big public thank you to Boo for her photography tutorials.

I've wanted to take new photos of all the work on my website for ages, as I have never been very happy with them, and after much trial and error over the last few days, I've finally found a photography set up that works! I'm really pleased with the photos i've just taken - they are a big improvement on my old photos.

This is thanks mainly to Boo's tutorial about white balance and exposures values. I never realised I could change these values on my camera! I no longer have to only use daylight bulbs as I can adjust my camera to suit the lights I have. And best of all - my experimenting hasn't cost me a penny!

Here are a couple of examples, and before you tell me that these photos still aren't very good, I urge you to look at the ones I currently have on my website for comparison! As these are a huge improvement. I welcome your honest opinion of them though :)

bustagasket
12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
they look bloody marvellous compared to mine! Well done Mrs!!!!

Emerald
12-11-2009, 07:26 PM
well following Boos tutorial i was actually able to take photos inside at night the storm ring being the first ( i know you can still see the light but hey it was my first attempt) so yes, thank you Boo xx

amazingbabe
12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Well done Alexandra, there is a great improvement there, those are good photos......Boo's tutorial is excellent (her own pics on her site are so so fab, i will never get mine as good):-"

Sunnybank
12-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Thank you from me too, I've made a Boo table top diffuser and even my little compact camera takes photographs that I'm pleased to show. :) Still lots of room for improvement though!!!

Tigerlily
12-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Wow, all the piccies are great!! Think I will go and have a look now for Boo's post as I am terrible at photographing my work! I had to get a professional in to help with mine :"> So thank you Boo for posting the tutorial!! [] xx

The Dragon
12-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm going to add my two pennyworth as well.

Not just for the photography tutorial, which I'm still playing with when I have a spare moment, but for all the other tutorials and information that is readily available to people via the blogs.

:snow:Thank You Boo:snow:

mizgeorge
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Don't want to hijack, but LOVE those pieces Jane (or Sunny if you prefer!) :)

MuranoSilver
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
:))) Go BOO go :)))
Tutorial girl extraordinare!
nic xx

The Dragon
12-11-2009, 10:11 PM
OMG Sorry got carried away there. #-o

I think both sets of pictures are really good and the pieces look wonderful. So well done on both counts Alexandra and Sunny. :snow:

Gemma
13-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Great photos girlies (and lovely work too). I think I'll have to go on the hunt for this famous tutorial...

AlexandraBuckle
13-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Ooh, thanks for the nice comments. It's great to hear that she has helped others too.

I really like your photos Sunny - and lovely pieces too :xmas-):

@Emerald - yes my photos were taken at night too - it's great not to have to wait for a sunny day!

Boo
20-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm truly sorry for not responding to this sooner - Jayne sent me a link to this topic some time ago, but I was rather poorly just then and didn't feel able to look at it.

I was cutting solder pallions a couple of days ago and it made me think of everyone here (who helped me with that particular technique) and when I updated my blog on Monday in respect of my 'fat ball bucket' lighting diffuser, it reminded me that I had some obligations to return to here.

So thank you for all the kind words, they are appreciated, if somewhat late and tardy on my part. :o

I've made some mods to my lighting diffuser to pimp it up and finally got around to blogging it in detail - I must get the two articles combined together properly in one place when I have a moment.

New blog: Boo's Jewellery: I've pimped my lighting diffuser (http://boojewels.blogspot.com/2010/01/ive-pimped-my-lighting-diffuser.html)

Original tutorial article: A free table top photographic studio lighting set up (http://www.boo.myzen.co.uk/lighting.html)

Sunnybank
20-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks Boo, think I'm going to be making some mods to my bucket too.

Ominicci
21-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Fantastic update! Thanks again Boo!

AlexandraBuckle
22-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the update! As always, your photos (and jewellery!) are looking lovely :)