PDA

View Full Version : A Brilliante Idea???

Solunar Silver Studio
12-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi Cooksons bods. I've just been looking up who's going to be exhibiting at the NEC Jewellery Show and, yep, you are there!!:dance:
I'm a bit bemused though...why are you launching Brilliante there instead of bigging up Argentium??? or has someone forgotten to change the blurb in the advert? I know Brilliante was supposed to be similar in properties to Argentium - but I though everybody hated it!! The Jewellery Show - COOKSON PRECIOUS METALS (http://www.thejewelleryshow.com/page.cfm/Action=Exhib/ExhibID=2794/loadSearch=268924_1173)

You also seem to have removed all technical details about Brilliante from your website - although you can still get this old page on the internet....and therefore are still top of the Google list for 'Brilliante silver'

A Brilliante new idea! - Cooksongold.com (http://www.cooksongold.com/home/brilliante.jsp)

Is there something you are not telling us...or are you off to do some 'housekeeping'!!??:confused:

methuselah
31-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I keep seeing comments about how brilliante silver is 'horrible to work with' etc. - but can somebody please clarify what the issues are? Thanks.

Dennis
31-05-2010, 02:52 PM
If you look up my thread 'A Sorry Tale', you will see what Brilliante silver is like. That was about three years ago and as far as I know it is now discontinued. There was no problem working with it. It was said not to tarnish easily, but seemed to show fingerprints from handling, so no apparent advantage. Dennis.

mizgeorge
31-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I had a lot of problems with brilliante. The most annoying being that it doesn't ball up (which is a technique I seem to use a lot), and it becomes brittle when heated beyond annealing point. I also had problems with hardening it. It certainly didn't live up to expectations for me, especially compared with Argentium, which I enjoy working with. Certainly not worth the additional cost over regular sterling.