PDA

View Full Version : Jewellery Fair - NEC - Feb 2010

Lisa Quinn
11-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I've just received an email for the Jewellery Fair at the NEC in February, which gives you a free badge for the event and preview emails when you register with them.

http://www.thejewelleryshow.com

( not very good with links and stuff, so I hope that works)

bustagasket
11-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I've just received an email for the Jewellery Fair at the NEC in February, which gives you a free badge for the event and preview emails when you register with them.

The Jewellery Show & Spring Fair International 2010, 7-11 Feb, NEC. (http://www.thejewelleryshow.com)

( not very good with links and stuff, so I hope that works)

Thanks Lisa - i have just registered :D

Mila Jewellery
11-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Me too - Thank you :D

ben b
13-11-2009, 11:12 PM
the NEC spring fair is a good show, and well worth registering for.
The whole of the nec is used, and it covers all giftware trades, so you will find lots of ideas for your house too, and have a peek into associated trades, such as homewares and so on. Its a BIG show.

Apparently, there's a party at mine, for a few forum'ers that have already booked (mentioning no names).......so Jason tells me.....oh god........

Oh, and it geti's turf too, so i'll be running trips from the nec to his, so forum'ers can prod, poke, kick and generaly abuse him, in person. £5 a ticket..

The Dragon
14-11-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm up for it.

I've booked that week off so when people decide what day we're meeting up, I'll hop on the train and come on over.

Keep a seat warm for me Ben I'm on the party list.

:snowball:

bustagasket
14-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Ben you know you cant wait for me a J to arrive with all the revellers in our wake heehee

geti-titanium
14-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh, and it geti's turf too, so i'll be running trips from the nec to his, so forum'ers can prod, poke, kick and generaly abuse him, in person. £5 a ticket..

I'd better stock up on mince pies and Baileys if I've got visitors coming round!

bustagasket
14-11-2009, 10:01 AM
heehee you wont know whats hit you Alan lol, we are coming en masse :P

Emerald
14-11-2009, 10:45 AM
i dont live anywhere near there what a shame!:-"

Ominicci
14-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I've registered too :Y:

mizgeorge
14-11-2009, 03:16 PM
i dont live anywhere near there what a shame!:-"

So how many of us are staying at yours then Jo? Or are we just coming for cocktails and canapés?

Emerald
14-11-2009, 03:50 PM
lol you are welcome hear if you dont mind sleeping in cabin beds and starwars duvets, we could be the refined lot although if any ones coming here i will have to star tidying now!:) Although i wont be able to make it on the Satuday as OH works:'(

snow_imp
16-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I've registered, but have no idea yet when day I'll be able to make.

Mystic
05-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I went last year, missed this year, but I will be going next year, probably on the Sunday as I will probably have to be at the day job on Monday, hope to bump into some of you people there.

MuranoSilver
06-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I normally go on the Sunday and Monday
nic x

Sunnybank
06-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you , I've registered. :)

Dano
21-12-2009, 03:40 PM
oh excellent, gonna register for this, doesn't clash with the rock and gem fair at york racecourse either

MuranoSilver
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
:)))FIVE days to go!!:)))
nic xx

ahunter
03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Don't forget to pop onto our stand and be one of the first to pick up your FREE Copy of the new Cook Book.

Stand P49 in the Jewellery Hall - 17

Emerald
03-02-2010, 10:21 AM
oh i cant go, cant you send me one Adam, obviously i would have come to see you had i been going :~: :Y:

Ominicci
04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
I am unable to go now as well :'(

BeJewellery
04-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I've registered and received an e-ticket and badge number, but can someone please let me know if it will definately be free to get in if I have these? :confused:

I'm totally broke and spending the last of my wages on petrol to get there

Thanks
Wendy

Emerald
04-02-2010, 07:01 PM
yes aslong as you have the e badge it will be totally free including parking, have fun:)

angel85
05-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Just got my e-badge online from the springfair website. Looking forward to it now.
A

BeJewellery
05-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks Jo, I can't wait.

Wendy

Bluechair
06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi Can someone help me out? How strict are they likely to be on 'trade only'? I have a domain name/email address and am going to start trading this year, but as yet don't have any business cards or a registered company etc.

I've just noticed at the bottom of my e ticket that it says random searches will take place, does anyone know what that means? I'm a bit worried now I could get turned away at the door :'(

Emerald
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
i personally wouldent worry about it, just blagg your way in if they search:)

Bluechair
06-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks Jo. Not sure what they'll find, but they can have a look. I've found the letter and invite from cooksons, so I'll take that along too.

Really looking forward to it. Think the bank balance will get a bit of a bashing! :)

lynnm
07-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I am just so jealous of you all! Hope you have a good day though... do tell of all the exciting stuff!

Gemma
07-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm jealous too ;)
Hope you all had lots of funfun

AmyG
08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
It was a great show - well worth the visit. Loadsa FREEBIES!!! :Y:

geti-titanium
08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Compared to previous years I thought it was very poor and a lot smaller. Many familiar names were missing this year.

Lisa Quinn
08-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Went with a shopping list, came back with nothing !!

Quite a few suppliers had demo's of their equipment and Walshes' stand was excellent, with many of the larger investment pieces being demonstrated to captive audiences. The stone stands were of good quality, but there wasn't anything that I felt I had to have. The jewellery stands were very sparkly, but I couldn't see anything that was particularly innovative or striking.

But................had a fab lunch with friends so it was really worth going just to spend time with like minded people.

( and it was free after all !!)

ps_bond
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank you for that - I was feeling guilty because I was off filming a horse when I thought I ought to be in Brum; doesn't sound as though I missed out on *too* much of a tool-junky fix.

Sunnybank
08-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Enjoyed it, but was slightly underwhelmed by many of the stands. Was good to meet people, bought one cab, probably won't bother again. In fairness it isn't really aimed at me.

Mila Jewellery
08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
I was off filming a horse....

ooh that sounds quite exciting though :)

snow_imp
09-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Like the others said - lots of stands with completed jewellery on them - I did like seening things that I felt I could make - so maybe I can also sell them :)

Meeting others was the best bit - tho I did manage to blow my budget buying beads.

And I bought some bits of dendritich agate - so now I need to learn to make bezels etc!

ps_bond
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
ooh that sounds quite exciting though :)

16hh 4yo dark bay TB/ID mare, really nice paces, fantastic jump and *extremely* quiet. Nice to handle on the ground and appropriately inquisitive.

But to get back to jewellery, it does mean I shall have to dust off my plans to make a blingy browband for her dressage...!

MuranoSilver
09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Thousands spent - 2 new designers to go into the shop :)))
lots of new stock and components and glorious stones v.v. happy
(also glad I don't have to pay for it all at once as the deliveries are staged to come in a different times!)
Nic xx

stu_clouds
09-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Spent alot of time looking for good suppliers of cabachons and stones to set along with beads for our beading stock. I found the beads to be over priced and the choice of cabachon suppliers to be very low. i felt most of the stands other than the equipment stands like Cooksons,Walsh & Suttons were all set upto sell to general public and not business like myself. The one stall that sold a few stones that we where interested had to many people around it buying ones & two stones. When i asked their staff about wanting to purchase a few hundred stones and for more info on wholesale purchase they more or less left me alone. Their loss i say!

Very dissapointing show. We shall be travelling to London now for the IJL every september.

silverrooms
11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Completely agree.

After visiting both shows over the last two years, i can definately recommend IJL over the nec.

The ijl has more choice and is totally dedicated to the jewellery trade.