PDA

View Full Version : Slow to load?

geti-titanium
10-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Is anybody else finding the Cooksons site getting slower to load or is it just me? :(

Emerald
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
nope just you:~:

Petal
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Actually Geti, my pc always goes into meltdown at around 5pm every day.... I reckon its the PC gremlins at work >:)

xx

Di Sandland
10-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Alan, I find it varies. Yesterday was particularly bad for me on the Cooksons site. I have a sh*t-hot state of the art set up (because it is the tool of my trade so I have to) but sometimes I just want to throw it out of my office window.

I did wonder if perhaps my IPS was to blame. I use BT broadband but we can't get the very fastest service in this (sometimes godforsaken) corner of the country.

Mind you, when its running particularly slowly, I compare it to my OH's laptop and all of a sudden my good old desktop seems like spitfire ;)

geti-titanium
10-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I just did a test on the speed of their server and it came back as average which these days means 'slow', so Di, it may not just be your broadband service after all.

lesley
10-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I've found it incredibly slow for a few days now.

I often have a lot of problems when shopping - pages can't be displayed, and when I try to save a basket, a page full of gobbedygook text can appear.
Occasionally, the whole basket is wiped.

geti-titanium
10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Perhaps the high precious metal prices are putting extra load on the server :)

Boo
10-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I certainly found it very slow yesterday - I mentioned to you in your site topic that I hadn't been able to reply at the time.

Lindyloo
10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Yep, slow for a couple of days for me too.

Petal
10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
My OH reads a lot of forums (with international links) and they have all been having similar problems in the last few days.

They have also, had a lot of new posters joining .....

AlexandraBuckle
11-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Actually Geti, my pc always goes into meltdown at around 5pm every day.... I reckon its the PC gremlins at work >:)

xx

Appologies for the boring, techy suggestion...
But have you got your virus checker set to come on at 5pm? That could slow it down.

ben b
13-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Its not just you alan, i use google to get on the forum (too lazy to add shortcut...how lazy is that) and type in cooksons, then click on the main cooksons page.
It takes a long time, but once 'in' its is ok.

I THINK this is because, I noticed a few weeks ago, searches on google for cooksons, went directly to the metal prices page.

cooksons are a large outfit, with an easy to find and use, plain english gold price, in grams per 9ct, 18ct etc. This makes them ideal for noobs checking out deals offered by the numerous gold buyers.

I think the load on this page, is affecting the server generally, to gain entrance, but one in, the other pages load fine, perhaps with the exception of the functional cart pages, but this will be a data base overload, as no doubt the gold price, as it fluctuates calls on the database each request?

Emerald
13-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Stop drinking bud and it might speed up!