PDA

View Full Version : Demand for Hypoallergenic jewellery

Petal
10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm just doing some orders for stuff and before I finish adding to my basket, wondered whether you guys out there have had much call for hypo earrings from customers?

thanks

x

Solunar Silver Studio
10-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I've always suffered with the oozies and so only use silver and gold in my ears. My daughter is even worse. We both have got on really well with Argentium earwires though - I don't know what the official line is with Argentium and allergies - but that is from a personal standpoint.

I know a lot of people - particularly younger ones - are willing to put up with days of goo and discomfort just so they can wear a particular pair of fashion earrings that are 'just perfect' for an occasion - so I wouldn't mind betting they would bite your arm off for hypo-allergenic wires if they were offered.

Sorry - no concrete facts there - but just observation.:)

Petal
10-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I have heard (I don't know if this is right?), that niobium is hypoallergenic - is this right? Interesting how you have found argentium less of a problem though. I'll have a word with the guys at Cookies about it.

xx

Petal
10-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I've searching on some other forums :-" and have found this reply to the same question from George, saying that niobium or titanium are both hypoallergenic and come in copper and bronze colours. Useful for me, as I've got a lot of copper. I've already spoken to Cookies, but the techie guy was at lunch, so will spk later.

thanks

lilacmonkey
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
i made a pair of earrings for my sister who suffers the oozzies.
with titinium ear wires and she had no problems so far.
hope this helps.
stu g

geti-titanium
10-11-2009, 05:29 PM
There shouldn't be any reaction to Titanium wires except in cases where they are dirty, but that wouldn't be caused by the metal anyway.