PDA

View Full Version : Bugdet Christmas pretties

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Hello everyone, I've been busy making some Christmas budget necklaces and bracelets from beadalon and glass cube beads with silver plated findings.

The necklaces I'm going to sell for £15 and the bracelets for £10.
I hope to get chance to do some simple earrings with them too.

What do people think? They're not my usual work, but I'm hoping I'll sell a few as easy Christmas prezzies.

*hope pics work*

Solunar Silver Studio
09-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Yep! Very pretty. Very shiny. I approve!!:Y::D

Boo
09-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I really hope you're wearing flame proof knickers. Brace yourself.

I consistently sell silver plated wrapped loop bracelets with glass cubes - like this one:
Chunky glass cube bracelet - available in 5 colours (http://www.boo-jewellery.co.uk/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=229)

Much as I've love to work on more worthy pieces, these bracelets sell consistently well and I do several colours - people are wearing them all over the place - from New Zealand, all over the US, all over the UK and several in France. Pieces like that have put food on the table this summer.

If you're doing craft fairs and the like, people aren't necessarily in the market for the good stuff, but want gifts and bling for their own party wear. So I think they'll sell well - and you've put them at a good price point. If you make them well and to the same standards as everything else you do and offer a range of colours I think they'll be of interest.

People simply don't have money at the moment and still want to buy gifts, so cutting your cloth accordingly, is the way to go.

Boo
09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I meant to add - I love cubes and so do customers, everything with cubes always gets attention. I've made some the same with haematite cubes that are still in my 'to photograph' box.

Gemma
09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Like them! Simple and colourful and cheap :)

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Ooh, thanks for that Boo - it was very reassuring! and that's a really lovely bracelet you have there - I'm not surprised yours are selling well!

I'm really loving cubes at the moment, kinda bored of bicone Swarovski crystals, they seem to get ever more expensive to buy and I've gone off the shape of them, so I looked around for a cheaper alternative.

Boo, you have a lovely website btw!

Boo
09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you. It has taken a long time and lot of effort to get it even close to me being happy with it - and I still have a lot I want to do - but it's creeping in the right direction now. I hope to pass the 300 items on it this week - they're not all for sale, there are a chunk in the sold section. But it seems a very long time since I passed 250 and blogged about it.

that's a really lovely bracelet you have there - I'm not surprised yours are selling well!
Thanks. It's amazing that people will buy it isn't it, considering my sloppy workmanship and incorrectly done wrapped loops. :Y:

caroleallen
09-11-2009, 03:31 PM
I think you're probably right about keeping prices down this Christmas. I've been finding that although people really want the more expensive stuff, they actually buy the cheaper items. I'm totally shocked at the rubbish people were buying at Crafts for Christmas at the NEC. Most of it will probably end up at car boot sales later in the year.

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks. It's amazing that people will buy it isn't it, considering my sloppy workmanship and incorrectly done wrapped loops. :Y:

you silly billy! they look perfect to me :)

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I think you're probably right about keeping prices down this Christmas. I've been finding that although people really want the more expensive stuff, they actually buy the cheaper items. I'm totally shocked at the rubbish people were buying at Crafts for Christmas at the NEC. Most of it will probably end up at car boot sales later in the year.

I think you are right Carole, a lot of my customers love my work but just can't afford it! Which is a shame - lol! Cos I can't make my prices any cheaper!

Boo
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
My comment about workmanship was related to another thread where I was told that I wasn't doing it the best way. I was just being naughty, sorry.

I've always had a range of prices and things sell in about equal measure across the range. Many of my less expensive pieces I offer an upgrade to Sterling, where I have the materials to make more and customers certainly go for this option.

I actually had a regular customer ask me yesterday why I was doing less of the inexpensive stuff now, as they wanted some for gifts (a lot of people so Secret Santas at work etc. with a price ceiling), so even customers that appreciate quality still want less expensive items for some purposes, but knowing the workmanship and service isn't compromised.

I wouldn't invest lots of time in plated pieces, but for quick items, to keep the price down, it certainly has its place.

Mila Jewellery
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Oooooh they are gorgeous - the orange and yellow remind me of Foxes Glacier Fruit sweeties. I bet they'll go down a storm :Y:

Emerald
09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Very pretty Alexander, i have a cheap range of beaded bracelets too sadly i sell far more of these than i do the silver but the silver range in still in its infancy and as i have to make more of the beaded bracelets thats the way it will stay for the time being x

Di Sandland
09-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Very pretty Alexander, i have a cheap range of beaded bracelets too sadly i sell far more of these than i do the silver but the silver range in still in its infancy and as i have to make more of the beaded bracelets thats the way it will stay for the time being x

:":...........................

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
My comment about workmanship was related to another thread where I was told that I wasn't doing it the best way. I was just being naughty, sorry.

oh right :o think i missed that. I won't ask who said it :)

Thanks for you nice comments everyone - need to get out there and try to sell them now!

lesley
09-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Talking of shockingly cheap cheap cheap tasteless christmas gifts I was once given-

1. Slipper Socks=:-O
2. A bottle of Peter Andre aftershave=:-O=:-O=:-O

Heeheeheeheehee!
I have to say I love slipper socks - my lickle tootsies get so cold.

I think this is a great idea for seasonal fairs and your pieces look really pretty, Alexandra.

Emerald
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Talking of shockingly cheap cheap cheap tasteless christmas gifts I was once given-

1. Slipper Socks=:-O
2. A bottle of Peter Andre aftershave

Needles to say i was so outraged by such awful gifts I threw them in the bin. Who ever said it's the thought that counts. LOL

now i know what to send you for secret santa ..... ooop s shouldent have said that :rofl:

Jayne
09-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I think this has been a really interesting thread - there have been a few threads along these lines over the past week or so & this is the one that has really teased out some answers. Nice pretties btw Alexandra :) I'm sure you'll do well with them.

J x

Jayne
09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
2. A bottle of Peter Andre aftershave=:-O=:-O=:-O

Nowt wrong with Peter Andre. So long as he keeps his chest waxed & his gob shut he's a good lad:Y:
J x

AlexandraBuckle
10-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I think this has been a really interesting thread - there have been a few threads along these lines over the past week or so & this is the one that has really teased out some answers. Nice pretties btw Alexandra :) I'm sure you'll do well with them.

J x

Thanks Jayne :)

snow_imp
10-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Very pretty items you have there Alexandra.

shelliem
15-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I like them too! They are lovely and I had never considered making items in silver plate but can see thanks to this thread that really they are just as lovely as silver etc. because they are still hand made and individual - which will always make a great gift.