PDA

View Full Version : nifty jewellery promo tool

geti-titanium
09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I was talking to a customer today and he showed me a new 3d image rotating tool that he has got on his website that I thought you might be interested to see:

Cluster Earrings - Diamond Stud Cluster Earrings (http://www.serendipitydiamonds.co.uk/detail.asp/sku=ED023/cluster-earrings)

Expensive to have done at about £350/display but it is very effective - quite mesmerising in fact!

Boo
09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Fascinating to watch. I'm not sure I could justify it with the 12 quid earrings I've just photographed.

Even at £1100+ you need to sell several to make it worth it.

I can't even imagine having enough money that I'd be prepared to spend that much through a web site. I expect to be able to try them on while I sip Champagne, for that money.

Jayne
09-11-2009, 05:47 PM
quite mesmerising in fact!

not half as mesmerising as that woman's eyes!
J x

Somersetmaker
09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
J x

They're quite strange :~

It may just be my wobbly computer but that page took a while to load.

Di Sandland
09-11-2009, 06:00 PM
J x

Yeah - I want what she's on!

geti-titanium
09-11-2009, 06:07 PM

I nearly commented to him but thought better of it in case it was his wife :)

caroleallen
09-11-2009, 06:12 PM
How do they do that? If you watch, the butterfly moves up and down the pin as well. Gorgeous earrings though!

Emerald
09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
How do they do that? If you watch, the butterfly moves up and down the pin as well. Gorgeous earrings though!

It looks like you can take the piece off and just have the stud which seems to be the new in thing, Pandora has an earwire that you can add different beads, sublime piece of jewellery and very clever rotaion but the header is very wishy washy

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 06:18 PM
It looks like you can take the piece off and just have the stud which seems to be the new in thing, Pandora has an earwire that you can add different beads, sublime piece of jewellery and very clever rotaion but the header is very wishy washy

yes i was wondering if the middle stud was separate.

very nifty!

lesley
09-11-2009, 06:21 PM
How addictive is that!
I think the woman looks thoroughly bored.....or stoned.

bustagasket
09-11-2009, 07:42 PM
definately stoned - and not with diamonds!

geti-titanium
09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I think it's a 3D computer render

Yes it is - very clever and realistic though

Ominicci
10-11-2009, 10:47 AM

Hah ha I was watching the blue half flower logo thing thinking the 'butterfly' isn't moving on the page I'm seeing....

...then I realised it was the butterfly earring back #-o

I think I'm going to have a try at the removeable middle piece on some earrings today as I need to make some studs realy as an alternative to all the danglies I've been making.

Jemart
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
My husband can do that using digital photography. Link to his website Peter Stephens Photography | Object Photography (http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/object.php)

MuranoSilver
12-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Neat! Like the walking boot example :)
Nic x

chrisparry
12-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Definately a CAD image. If you can use a program like Rhino to model your jewellery, it is actually quite easy to create a video like that. I have done it myself but got bored of the effect and moved on.

It takes the computer about 12 hours to render 72 seperate images. I use to leave mine running overnight to render all the images. then you just join them together in another program and set the delay between each picture.

It then runs like a video clip.

I have also seen a similar method where your actual piece is photographed but that was equally expensive

vsf
12-03-2010, 04:29 PM
here is an amateur version done with a gif image and 19 photographs

weddingdaygift.co.uk

Coffeecup.com do an easy to use gif tool i made this image with

Jemart
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
It takes the computer about 12 hours to render 72 seperate images. I use to leave mine running overnight to render all the images. then you just join them together in another program and set the delay between each picture.

It then runs like a video clip.

I have also seen a similar method where your actual piece is photographed but that was equally expensive

Photography would be alot cheaper and edit times half that or faster, 12 hours? That's crazy!