PDA

View Full Version : Silversmithing / Lampwork & Dichroic Glass Demo Day

Carl Martin
08-11-2009, 03:10 PM
After a very successful meet yesterday at my studio and workshop I'd just like to bring to everyones attention to my Demo Day Social Event next Friday.
The aim of the day is to cater for those that were unable to attend yestedays meet and after many cups of tea and coffee (and some lovely cake ) It was decided that in addition to the social side of things we will be holding a Silversmithing & Lampwork Demonstration Day.Starting at around 11.30 am next Friday and going on through into the evening it will be your chance to watch and participate in some Silversmithing & lampworking possibly some very talented Dichroic glass work too. We have full workshop tools and facilities including bench mounted oxycon sytems and kilns for the glass work.

This is free to attend but a donation for tea and coffe would be nice. You can bring cake if you want to .:ta:

Details of actual location are through my website. Home (http://www.carlmartinjewellery.co.uk)

I am located in Waterlooville in Hampshire

From the posts off of another forum and after yesterdays comments I can see this as a regular weekly event.

Just so I can cater for numbers If there is anyone off of this fine forum that would like to come along you are more than welcome but could you just let me know. I so far have about 15 attending throughout the day but the more the merrier.
Thanks in Advance

Emerald
08-11-2009, 03:55 PM
It does sound good fun martin and would have loved to come especially after reading comments from the other side lol ............anyone got a helicopter ?:)

Petal
08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
How surreal is that Carl. I used to live in Blendworth, not far from you, near the Gales Brewery - do you know it?

mizgeorge
08-11-2009, 05:18 PM
v jealous of the hampshire posse now ;)

bustagasket
08-11-2009, 06:06 PM
i am totally green, and so wish i was in your area. Hope you have a wonderful time

Carl Martin
08-11-2009, 10:21 PM
It does sound good fun martin and would have loved to come especially after reading comments from the other side lol ............anyone got a helicopter ?:)

Perhaps a few could club together for one...there is a large car park .!!

MizGeorge ... Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the lampworkers..great bunch and the Posse is getting bigger and bigger ..:Y:

Petal : I know blendworth very well, you should come back for a days visit. :)

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
not very local for me either :(

Gemma
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Tis local for me but unfortunately have have to go to pesky work on Fri :(

Carl Martin
09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Gemma if you finish a bit early or fancy a trip over anyway, the event is going on well into the evening.

Solunar Silver Studio
09-11-2009, 02:23 PM
It sounds really great...but as so many have already said...it's too far away to get to you!:'( Ever though of going mobile????:D

Gemma
09-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Gemma if you finish a bit early or fancy a trip over anyway, the event is going on well into the evening.

Hmm...may well have to swing by... I work in Portsmouth and live in Southampton so a slight detour to Waterlooville on the way home from work is highly do-able

Carl Martin
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
It sounds really great...but as so many have already said...it's too far away to get to you!:'( Ever though of going mobile????:D

If I could think of a way of doing this mobile I might just do it ~ like a craft roadshow ~ Convet a double decker bus :Y:

Trouble is I'll be pondering this for days now #-o

bustagasket
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
If I could think of a way of doing this mobile I might just do it ~ like a craft roadshow ~ Convet a double decker bus :Y:

Trouble is I'll be pondering this for days now #-o

ooo do ponder :)

Solunar Silver Studio
09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
If I could think of a way of doing this mobile I might just do it ~ like a craft roadshow ~ Convet a double decker bus

Trouble is I'll be pondering this for days now

Oh, goody,goody!!:D

Glad to have been the one to sow this glorious seed....now all we have to do is nurture it!! Talk to it...encourage it to grow and develop...until it drives you crazy!!!! (Nyahahahaha!!)

Make Runcorn your first stop when you're ready!!!:Y::-D

Lindyloo
09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
SW London stop 2.

Carl Martin
09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Oh My goodness , how cool would that be....mobile Workshop/Studio wow, really pondering now.

Cheshire then London.... wherever next. :[[]]:

bustagasket
10-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Oh My goodness , how cool would that be....mobile Workshop/Studio wow, really pondering now.

Straight down the A21 to East Sussex, nice to get to the seaside yes? Hastings is only a couple of miles south of me and you can go have a paddle (forget the fact that its bitter out there atm lol):Y:

I think we are planning this route nicely :D

snow_imp
10-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Ooh, north to Rushden/Milton Keynes please...

Solunar Silver Studio
10-11-2009, 08:31 AM

Grow my beauty....GROW...GROW!!!!!!

Nyahahahaha...Nyahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaa!!!:D

bustagasket
10-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Grow my beauty....GROW...GROW!!!!!!

Nyahahahaha...Nyahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaa!!!:D

*empties a tanker of miracle grow into carls head :D*

Solunar Silver Studio
10-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice one Su':Y:
I personally go for the more natural (farmyard) fertilisers - but somehow think that might be counter productive in this case...:-O

...but I did find this nifty little recipe that we could try -

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--

I'll go dig out the cauldron....and gather the posse... :D

lorraineflee
10-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Ooh, north to Rushden/Milton Keynes please...
Via the wilds of Felmersham!!

Lorraine

bustagasket
10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Nice one Su':Y:
I personally go for the more natural (farmyard) fertilisers - but somehow think that might be counter productive in this case...:-O

...but I did find this nifty little recipe that we could try -

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--

I'll go dig out the cauldron....and gather the posse... :D

I'll go find me pointy hat - failing that as my grandad was a member of the Ancient Order of Druids, i go gather that lot :D

ps_bond
10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
v jealous of the hampshire posse now ;)

There's enough of us to be a posse?

That's the 13th, isn't it Carl? Not sure I'll be able to get along to that one in the evening, more's the pity. Have to check.