PDA

View Full Version : New website

Mila Jewellery
08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Ok so I've had a go at putting a website together - it's only a basic free one but it's a starting point. What do you think...

Mila Jewellery - Home (http://www.milajewellery.webs.com)

I'm still adding stuff to it and tweeking it - The thing I'm a bit unsure of is pricing my pieces, I've had a look at the cost of things on other sites and so think it's on a par with them, but any feedback from you guys would be nice :)

Rustic Charm
08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
You've got some nice pieces we do very similar stuff, must be a norfolk thing!!! lol

Mila Jewellery
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
lol something in the air! Almost all my stuff so far is hammered and so I was thinking today that I need to develop some more pieces along a different line! I'm interested in working with the metal clay, something I have not tried before but have told myself that I am not to buy any more materials until I have sold something as I have enough sheet & wire etc to make a lot more items without spending more money I haven't got! lol

mizgeorge
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Great start Victoria :) You've showcased your pieces very well.

Are you looking for a critique or just nice comments?

Mila Jewellery
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Well nice comments are always good :D but critique is good too as I'm new to this game and every little bit helps if it improves what I'm doing.

(just don't make me cry lol)

mizgeorge
08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
LOL, nothing awful, just a few text comments ;)

I'll pm you rather than post here!

Emerald
08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Victoria i like your website very clear and easy to follow, now i cant claim to be an expert photogtapher cos i aint but to me your silver looks like base metal because of the lighting there are a couple of tutorials on here one from Boo that is really clear and a lot of us have used it hope that helps :~:

Mila Jewellery
08-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi Victoria i like your website very clear and easy to follow, now i cant claim to be an expert photogtapher cos i aint but to me your silver looks like base metal because of the lighting there are a couple of tutorials on here one from Boo that is really clear and a lot of us have used it hope that helps :~:

Oh great, I'll have a look at those :) - I must admit taking the pictures has been difficult, the lighting etc has not worked very well and it either looks all grey and dull or so over exposed that the patterns on the silver vanishes! But I'm impatient and wanted to get some pictures on the website lol

Emerald
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
me again, i take most of my photos outside with the macro setting and on cloudy but with the weather getting worse i will be using a fat bucket!, i have also downloaded picassa which is free to crop and lighten etc :)

caroleallen
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I really like the circles necklace and the website is clean and uncluttered.

lesley
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I do like the clean uncluttered layout and I'm very partial to the silver and gold hammered earrings. :)

Mmmmmmm, I think my site needs a bit of a tidy up.