PDA

View Full Version : A Bit Cheeky but ...

shelliem
06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I know this is a bit cheeky but I wondered if everybody would mind not posting any more messages until I have got caught up please :)

I've just got to label my new boxes containing my little bits and bobs for jewellery making as advised in one of the threads, figure out how to use the Burr I have just recieved as advised in another thread, write out a wish list for items I would like, make an order for jump rings to complete my first project (as advised in a different thread), figure out how to use the Debrief programme effectivly (another top tip from this forum), copy and paste all of the tips I have picked up from this forum onto debrief, make a cuppa, tidy up my new tools and catch up on the messages and then I'll be right with you ....

Hope its not too much of an inconvenience :Y:

:mwahaha:

Petal
06-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi Michelle,
You might get your wish you know ! Its a Friday night and Fridays are always usually very quiet ;) Its always difficult trying to balance doing things with coming on the forum and learning more things that save time and money too. ummmm a really difficult one that. I'll try not to post any more tonight, but I can't guarantee it. :-D :D

BTW, I only live about 1hr away from you in Shrewsbury - nice place it is too!

xx

shelliem
06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi Jules

I did think that after posting - then I thought how sad I would look by being busy on a Friday night, however I have only just got in from two and a half days from work so I am in chill out mode.

Hmmm South Staffs, my Dad lives in Burton, East Staffs, I'm thinking Cannock, or Burntwood or have I got my geography totally wrong?

Shrewsbury is a lovely place but sometimes you can forget to appreciate it!

Its nice to speak to somebody in my almost neck of the woods.

bustagasket
06-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh dear michele - i will TRY nottopost but, i kinda cant help myself!! If is any help i am about to pop out for half an hour to pick up me son, will that do ya? heehee []

Petal
06-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Jules

I did think that after posting - then I thought how sad I would look by being busy on a Friday night, however I have only just got in from two and a half days from work so I am in chill out mode.

Hmmm South Staffs, my Dad lives in Burton, East Staffs, I'm thinking Cannock, or Burntwood or have I got my geography totally wrong?

Shrewsbury is a lovely place but sometimes you can forget to appreciate it!

Its nice to speak to somebody in my almost neck of the woods.

I live near Stourbridge, but we usually spend most of our shopping/chill out time in Shropshire ;) rather than Staffordshire, as we prefer it.

xx

shelliem
06-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi Su

Thanks for the thought but I think its too late, I've been drawn into the conversations and the advice just keeps on flowing .... If I could just catch up then all would be well!

shelliem
06-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Stourbridge is quite nice isn't it Jules? I did my hypnosis training there and quite liked it there. Do you come over to Shrewsbury then or do you go to the market towns??

bustagasket
06-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Hate to say it but........................IM BACK!!! :D

shelliem
06-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Just in time, I've just finally caught up - its ok to post now ... :)

bustagasket
06-11-2009, 08:20 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee

Emerald
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
not really that far either as the crow flies xx

Petal
06-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Stourbridge is quite nice isn't it Jules? I did my hypnosis training there and quite liked it there. Do you come over to Shrewsbury then or do you go to the market towns??

We quite often go to Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Kiddie but not Stourbridge - its one of those places that is near to us, but we don't seem to go there much. We also go to the Made in Shropshire market in Shrewsbury that we've been to a couple of times - have you been to that?

xx

Sorry guys, just looked at the time and its tfb zzzzzzzzzz

shelliem
07-11-2009, 07:28 AM
We also go to the Made in Shropshire market in Shrewsbury that we've been to a couple of times - have you been to that?

No! How rubbish am I!! Is it in the square? When is it on? I don't tend to go into town much, not impressed with the parking charges, weather or traffic generally I do go to Telford more frequently because they just have more shops I like.

Although I've been meaning to go and get some inspiration from Ironbridge as they probably have lots of crafty shops etc. and its a beautiful place except that hasn't happened yet.

I love Ludlow, I think some parts of it are picture postcard perfect and I could see myself living there on day, although my bank account can't #-o

MuranoSilver
07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Aww and I was busy making wedding rings so I wasn't available not to post ;)
Nic x

Petal
07-11-2009, 09:52 AM
No! How rubbish am I!! Is it in the square? When is it on? I don't tend to go into town much, not impressed with the parking charges, weather or traffic generally I do go to Telford more frequently because they just have more shops I like.

Although I've been meaning to go and get some inspiration from Ironbridge as they probably have lots of crafty shops etc. and its a beautiful place except that hasn't happened yet.

I love Ludlow, I think some parts of it are picture postcard perfect and I could see myself living there on day, although my bank account can't #-o

Morning :~:

Good grief, I can't believe you don't go to Shrewsbury much as the Fair in the Square (yes, its in the square) in Shrewsbury is a lovely craft event with really friendly people who know their stuff. You are a lot closer than I am. I went one Saturday to compare my stuff with others, met Pam at Maple Crafts and she was immensly helpful to me in so many ways. She suggested I put my prices up :Y: and generally chivvied me up and it was so inspiring .... and then Cookies started their forum, so it was all good timing. :Y: Here's a link Made In Shropshire | Quality arts, crafts and produce made in Shropshire (http://www.madeinshropshire.co.uk/events.php) and having read it, they have now opened a shop! Can't praise it enough. If you click on the Arts/Crafts link it takes you to all the regular stallholders and their websites.

Funny that, about you not liking Shrewsbury, but going to Telford, I'm the opposite. We went shopping to Telford and have never been back since, far too confusing with all those roundabouts. I'd much rather park and walk to a shopping place and Shrewsbury fits the bill.

Right, must go now....

xx

xx

Ominicci
07-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Love Ludlow and can imagine that not many people's bank account would see them living there!! We went to the food festival a couple of months ago and would like to go back to see it without so many people around lol!

shelliem
07-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't know the exact spot but there is a place there by a weir which if you have kids they can safely walk on because there is rock underneath - its so relaxing there. Worth a look when you go next, even the houses don't look real!