PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Winner!

Ominicci
06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't worry it wasn't a Cookie's competition!

I entered a photo in the Caravan & Camping Club magazine and had a phone call this morning to say I was the top prize winner :)))

It was back in May that I entered and to be truthful I can't remember which photograph it was, but the title of the comp was 'What keeps you active whilst out camping and caravanning' and it can only be one of 2 photos as the lady who phoned said it was of the Scottish Highlands. I think it was the one on the left. And just to prove it was me who took the photo there is one of me too - but not so close to the edge!! It was at the top of Stac Pollaidh (Stack Polly) between Ullapool and Achiltibuie (we would love to live there). But it could also have been the photo on the right...

I have won 'A new printer and camera, worth £500, along with tickets for the International Caravan and Motorhome Show 2009. Plus, courtesy of Millets: a Sat Map Active 10 Hand Held GPS System'

(But the lady did say it has taken them a while to receive the prizes from the sponsors so they are late notifying me ... just as well becasue the Caravan and Motorhome show was in October lol, so I wonder what they will send by way of tickets instead (if anything)).

That is hubby in the other photos by the way. He is chuffed too of course! And telling me I should take more pictures of people (out of the 200+ I take on holiday there is usually only a handfull with any people in, as I love scenery!) Last year I won a £250 Millets giftcard with a Scottish sunset photo HERE (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ominicci/3447100606/in/set-72157616670598573/) on my Flickr - it is in the same area as the others below, and he also takes the credit for that one as he suggested I took the photo and drove us to the best viewing place for it :rolleyes:

Jayne
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh! Well done Nic!
Those photos are fab - I'm not surprised that you won :Y:
Do you know which camera it will be?
J x

AlexandraBuckle
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Ooh well done you!! Pics are fab!
I could do with a new camera.... do you need it? Ha ha ha!!

snow_imp
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Well done - sucessful not just at jewellery making then.

mizgeorge
06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh good for you Nicci! You should be very pleased - they're lovely pictures :)

bustagasket
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
oh wow nic that scenery is stunning!! the photography aint bad either :P lol Huge congrats huni :D

Rustic Charm
06-11-2009, 01:21 PM
well done nicci,photos are fantastic, love the sunset one, i love scotland too, my husband was at machrihanish when he was in the RAF( before he knew me) and he took me there years later and i absolutely love it for the scenery and tanquillity. x x x

Di Sandland
06-11-2009, 01:25 PM
well done! You clever old stick, you ;)

Boo
06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Very well done. If it was the first photo, it was a beauty.

I rarely take people in photos either, it just never occurs to me to do so.

Emerald
06-11-2009, 01:29 PM
those photos are lovely the scenery in the first is amazing well done you xx:Y:

Petal
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Well done Nic :))) you must be chuffed to bits! What a talented lot we have on our forum :Y:

Ahhh, Scotland is a truly magical place, isn't it - the scenery and sense of space are just lovely. We have been there on holiday many times over the years to Skye, Isle of Mull, Castle Douglas & Fort William and nearly ended up living over the border....

xx

Ominicci
06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Ooh well done you!! Pics are fab!
I could do with a new camera.... do you need it? Ha ha ha!!

Soooooo spooky as I was only saying yesterday that my camera is playing up as the batteries are completely drained each time I go to use it and the date keeps resetting to 01-01-00. It is only a little Kodak automatic digital type not a DSLR - so yes I do need it lol!

Thanks for your comments everyone [[]]

lorraineflee
06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Well done you - lovely photos!
Lorraine

Gemma
06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
=D>
Big congrats! Lovely piccies

Lisa Quinn
06-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Well done , brilliant news and beautiful photographs.

shelliem
06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Congratulations - I love the pictures, especially the first one I feel as if I've just been there myself!!

lesley
06-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Fabulous photos - well done!
You can really appreciate the height in the first one.

caroleallen
06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Cor, I'm so jealous! Really well done.

MuranoSilver
06-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Nicci
That's fabulous news congratulations!
Those pictures are well deserving winners :)))
Nic x

lilacmonkey
07-11-2009, 07:36 AM
congrats on winning:Y:
pictures are really good too.

Fiona
07-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Beautiful pics and many congratulations on winning..

Ominicci
13-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I got my prizes yesterday! I saved the opening of the HUGE box until I came back from a pamper evening at which I had a stand in case I needed it as consolation ... which I did!

I have got ...
- A SATMAP Active 10 hand held GPS with all the Ordance Survey Maps of the National parks included worth total £350
- HP Photosmart C4580 Printer worth about £160 (which is excellent as it is a printer/scanner/copier and our similar 5 year old model is very temperamental and decides when IT wants to print!)
- A Fuji Finepix S100FS worth about £350. Not a DSLR but a 'bridge' between the little point and shoot digital cameras and the DLSRs. It looks like a DSLR with the big lens on the front and is quite hefty as I'm only used to a little Kodak Easyshare C743, but that is on it's way out too as I said before. The only thing I don't like about the new one is that it won't go in my bum bag when I'm out walking, and I'll have to have it on a thing around my neck like someone who knows what they are doing with it !! :-O

Having googled them, they are all 'last year's' models and those prices are as given when they were first released (you can now get the printer in Argos for £55 as there are newer models available). But I'm not complaining - they are new to me and I didn't have to pay for them YAY!!!!!

And I got a £25 premium bond win in the post this morning!

Jayne
13-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Big congrats Nicci!
You must be so pleased - well done! :D
J x

Gemma
13-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Yay for goodies! Enjoy them, you deserve 'em

bustagasket
13-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Woot what a treat to come home to after an evenings work :D Clever old stick winning them :D