PDA

View Full Version : Studios

Coco
06-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Do any of you guys rent a studio and would you say it's worth it? Part of me would really like one but then another part thinks it can be really expensive and what's the point if you can already make stuff at home, but then it would be nice to have one somewhere like craft central or something.

Pros? Cons?

Any ideas? :)

Jayne
06-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Well, speaking personally (and this is just personal, mind) I'd say no, unless you have a rich daddy (biological or sugar - either will do ;)).
If you're making enough out of your jewellery to cover the cost of a studio, (well then I envy you!) and you think it would make a difference then it might make sense.
I don't have a workshop at home for various reasons (business tax rate, implications of capital gains tax, rather use all the space in my house) so I keep all my tools & supplies in a dedicated cupboard and try to tidy them away afterwards.
Are you trying to think up ways of keeping the tools out of your bed, Coco? ;)
J x

Carl Martin
06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I have a 750 sq ft studio , rented at the moment. Yes it is very worth it. I have a limited company and vat registered too. Depends on how talented and motivated you are.:Y:

glen
07-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I rent a studio, i settled for a less expensive option to start off with, but I would of ideally set it up at home. We had set a full casting workshop in a house before and it was great.

Although in the future I presume I would be setting up a shop, and a workshop in two different places, could possibly have the workshop at home by then.