PDA

View Full Version : Pixies in my wine bottle :)

Jayne
05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
My sister (sorry Su', one of the other ones) has a conspiracy theory about vodka. She firmly believes that every bottle of vodka, regardless of the brand, is contaminated with a virus. The proof? Every time she drinks a bottle she gets really ill (weird huh?).

Now, I have been formulating a theory about red wine which was confirmed last night and I am now prepared to go public.

Last night I settled down in the sitting room with True Blood on the tele, laptop next to me (cookies forum , of course ;)), bucket sized glass of red wine and wire + pliers. I remember finishing a pendant and starting one earring by the time I went to bed, but imagine my surprise when upon awakening the following morning I found that I had not only the completed pendant, but also a pair of finished earrings and the tassel for a bracelet!! There can be only one explanation - it's the pixies from the wine bottle - they creep out and finish my jewellery work for me!!
I have experienced this phenomenon before and it only ever happens when there's a bottle of red wine open. Also, you have to finish every last drop in the bottle, otherwise the pixies can't climb out (I think they just slip down the wet sides of the bottle).
Has anyone else experienced anything similar? This could revolutionise the jewellery industry!
;)
J x

Di Sandland
05-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I wonder if they're related to the pixies in my sons' beer glasses - the ones that do the washing up and fold the laundry?

Boo
05-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, my husband is firmly convinced that's how clean socks and undiepants appear in his drawer.

I wonder if I downed a bottle myself now (it'd have to be white, I don't think I'd fare well on red), I could find a photography pixie hiding in the bottom, to take photos of all the pieces that I've had fun making and process them ready to put the pieces up for sale?

Should be able to do it in one night.

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 06:23 PM
hmmmm me thinks i need several pixies!

Jayne
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I wonder if I downed a bottle myself now (it'd have to be white, I don't think I'd fare well on red), I could find a photography pixie hiding in the bottom, to take photos of all the pieces that I've had fun making and process them ready to put the pieces up for sale?

Should be able to do it in one night.

It's worth a try! I think we all owe it to ourselves to down a bottle of whatever's around and record the results so that we know which pixies live in which bottles (leave the vodka though - them's bad pixies ;))

hmmmm me thinks i need several pixies!

Don't overdo it sis, or the bad pixies that make piles of sicky might pay a visit [-X (that's what my other sis found, anyway)

J x

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
oo dont want no bad pixies!

Emerald
05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
anyone got any spare they could send me preferably full so i can find my own pixie at the bottom sooooo need it, i have to go and fight with the gremlins now to get them back in there cages for the night wish me luck [-o<

Rustic Charm
05-11-2009, 07:24 PM
i'm with you there Jo everything i've attempted to make today has been attacked by gremlins BIIGGGGGGG gremlins!! :'( Any pixies, fairies or even the odd nice leprechaun(sp?) would be welcome at the moment !! x

Emerald
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
i'm with you there Jo everything i've attempted to make today has been attacked by gremlins BIIGGGGGGG gremlins!! :'( Any pixies, fairies or even the odd nice leprechaun(sp?) would be welcome at the moment !! x

my Gremlins are 5, 8, and 11. 5 and 8 are back in there cage 11 is doing his homework and arguing with the biggest gremlin of all (not me):)

Rustic Charm
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
LOL!! love it!!! x x

Jayne
05-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Gremlins can be dangerous.
If Gremlins are old enough to use the telephone and they find out about red wine pixies......ohhhhh. We could be talking childline......
J x

geti-titanium
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
This is an uncannily apt thread for me because only today a very strange thing happened to me that can only be described as 'Pixie related'

Lisa Quinn
05-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Ok, I'll be the one to ask.............. tell us what happened Geti?

geti-titanium
05-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I thought you'd never ask! :)

Well it's well known in the GETi empire that I like to add a little 'flavour enhancer' to my cappuccino coffee. Sometimes it's Amaretto liqueur, at the moment it's Baileys - coffee with a hint of Baileys - doesn't hurt anybody and it gets me through the day especially on these cold Winter days (incidently, the first snow of the year hit the Quarter today, Santa's coming early this year I tell ya!)

By mid morning I don't tend to even notice the 4 legged, furry, long tailed pixies that occasionally run over my foot when I'm diamond setting either.

Tonight when I got home after driving through near Antarctic blizzards, lo and behold the clever little marketing pixies at Baileys had sent me a free sample of Baileys with a hint of coffee - how did they know that then?

So for tea tonight was roast potatos with onions and (Su look away now!) bacon, peas and steak and ale pie washed down with Baileys with a hint of coffee.

ooh! I need to clear the driveway of snow now for tomorrow morning! :-"

The Dragon
05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I wonder what sort of pixies you get from rose wine? :-"

I'll let you know in due course. :rofl:

Emerald
05-11-2009, 11:55 PM
oh my the quarter is a very special place as there was no snow 11 miles away in Solihull!:confused:

geti-titanium
06-11-2009, 06:34 AM
oh my the quarter is a very special place as there was no snow 11 miles away in Solihull!

Oh yes - it was a very isolated incident, it even hit the 9 o'clock news

bustagasket
06-11-2009, 06:52 AM
I thought you'd never ask! :)

So for tea tonight was roast potatos with onions and (Su look away now!) bacon, peas and steak and ale pie washed down with Baileys with a hint of coffee.

ooh! I need to clear the driveway of snow now for tomorrow morning! :-"

*smack* too bloody late!!!:'(:'(

Jayne
06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
oh my the quarter is a very special place as there was no snow 11 miles away in Solihull!:confused:

Be kind to poor little Master Geti, for his burden is heavy. Alone must he travel with the evil of the bottle of Baileys within his grasp (oh.....the temptation!) to the darkness of Mordor in order to destroy it's corrupting power and save the human race.
Either that, or he's swigged the lot in one sitting & has really lost it ;)
J x

Emerald
06-11-2009, 08:34 AM
i think maybe the last sentence wa the aptest (is there such a word) and who started this thread anyway JAYNE?:X

Jayne
06-11-2009, 08:36 AM
and who started this thread anyway JAYNE?:X

whas your point?

Emerald
06-11-2009, 08:44 AM
whas your point?

lol, well you have pixies in your wine bottle (dont we all) is that just in red or white as well and do the rose ones come out in pink tutus and poor getti has been smacked and sentenced to Mordor to save us but i think we are beyond saving, well i certainly am especially after my sister arrives later she is on a dripfeed x

Jayne
06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
my sister arrives later she is on a dripfeed x

We'll understand if you're not around next week ;)
J x

geti-titanium
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM
oh my the quarter is a very special place as there was no snow 11 miles away in Solihull!

I stand corrected, well spotted Jo - I can only assume that what I thought was snow was in fact blizzards of pixie dust. As you all know pixie dust is the white powder that comes from the armpits of pixies due to the cheap antiperspirant that they use.

Emerald
06-11-2009, 07:01 PM
have already found some very kind pixies hope they stay that way :dancing:

Emerald
06-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I stand corrected, well spotted Jo - I can only assume that what I thought was snow was in fact blizzards of pixie dust. As you all know pixie dust is the white powder that comes from the armpits of pixies due to the cheap antiperspirant that they use.

dont do cheap antipersperent i live in Solihull dont you know xx