PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie in Kent

Jo42
05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Hello. I have just recently got into jewellery making after a short wire and bead course which I just loved! I am now doing a short course in precious metal clay which I am also loving. I am just finding that there are not enough hours in the day to keep making so is it just me - or does everybody elses housework fall by the way side! Jo x

Di Sandland
05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Housework tends to be a bit of a no go area for this group, Jo! Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of help and inspiration and you might just fit into the baggy-bummed trousers club.

:welcome:

Petal
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Welcome from me too Jo. :~: ummm housework, what's that! Its a constant battle of trying to fit all the chores in, isn't it. Then there's this very addictive, but very pleasant, forum. You're sure to find the answers to questions, before you've even posed them.

xx

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
mmm housework......vague recollections of some contraption that i pushed around, had a funny name..............hoo......vac..........nope cant think of it. I also remember i used to use a rag for something, god knows what that is.

Anyway Welcome to the foums :S:~:

Emerald
05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
i have a cleaning fairy that does mine ....... i wish!

Welcome to the forum Jo from Jo :~:

Jayne
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Hello Jo & welcome to the forum :~:
I am just next door in TW!
J x

kymbi
05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
housework? bah, humbug! that's a very dirty word around here ;)

Hello Jo :welcome:

lorraineflee
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi and welcome from me in Bedfordshire. :~:

One of the benefits of a hip replacement - I have it in writing that I'm not allowed to do housework (well not yet anyway!!!)
Mind you, I'm not really doing anything at all at present! Soon!!!!!!!

Lorraine

Gemma
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Hello Jo and :welcome:
Definitely not enough hours in the day for insignificant little things like housework!

mizgeorge
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
.. I also remember i used to use a rag for something, god knows what that is.

Must have been for polishing silver Su' :)

Welcome from me too - I don't do housework either - after a while it really doesn't get any dustier or messier so it's really not worth the effort ;)

Mila Jewellery
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome :~:
Between the workshop and here now the housework is getting overlooked rather lol, and sometimes I even remember that I do also have a full time job....just sometimes though:-D

Jayne
05-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Ladies shame on you all, I am gonna ring Kim and Aggie. :rofl:

Nooooo......not them!
I'd rather clean the loos with my toothbrush and lick the floors with my tongue than have those two in my house =:-O
If you call Kim & Aggie on us then we will call Trinny & Susanna on you ha ha!;)
J x

Lisa Quinn
05-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi Jo,

welcome to the forum of "desperately slutty housewives ", isn't it a relief to find kindred spirtits !!

Ominicci
05-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Hello from me too Jo!:~:

Di found a group on FB to join - Business in Bathrobes;

"During Business in Bathrobes week, Mon 15th - Fri 19th Feb 2010, we invite you to join a nation of people in the UK celebrating our ability to work flexibly from home by staying in your bathrobe, dressing gown or PJ's for one whole day or even the entire week if you want to!

We've deliberately picked BiBW to coincide with half term week across much of the UK so, if you have children at home you can spend the whole day in without needing to leave the house."

Did you know that Aggie (is that the little one?) has a cleaner - she doesn't ever do her own cleaning!!!!!

Sunnybank
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
OMG I thought I was the only one who did jewellery instead of housework, I don't feel so bad now. :ta:

MuranoSilver
05-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi Jo
:welcome: to the forum. Personally I wouldn't suggest a bathrobe
bare legs and hot metal do not a good combo make. PJ's are a little thin too ;)
Nic x

Solunar Silver Studio
06-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi Jo! If you have an OH - I hope he's tollerant...(and good at housework!!) - and if you are looking for one...that must now go top of the 'qualities, must have...' list!! Mine could tell you a few tales...but he is currently chained to the kitchen sink!! :rofl:

HannahJewelleryDesigns
06-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi Jo,
Welcome to the mad house!

* Personally I wouldn't suggest a bathrobe
bare legs and hot metal do not a good combo make. PJ's are a little thin too
;)*

I find my steel toe capped boots dont match any of my baggy-bummed PJ'S!! and dropping a 6lb vise on my flip-flopped foot once was enough for me!!:'(

Han x

snow_imp
06-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the madhouse!

Housework - I think I did that once!

Now I find that if I tidy up I can't find any of my jewellery making materials (unfortunately my work room is my sitting and dining rooms rather than a nice 'workshop' :'().

But, I think I might have to try something at the weekend so I can make enough table space to take photos of things I've made. Oh well. :(

AlexandraBuckle
06-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the madhouse!

Housework - I think I did that once!

Now I find that if I tidy up I can't find any of my jewellery making materials (unfortunately my work room is my sitting and dining rooms rather than a nice 'workshop' :'().

But, I think I might have to try something at the weekend so I can make enough table space to take photos of things I've made. Oh well. :(

Hmmm, table space is something I'm lacking at the moment (how do I always get in such a muddle...?) and I need to take some photos too!

Welcome to the forum Jo :~:

shelliem
06-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Welcome Jo from yet another person who thinks housework should be banned :)