PDA

View Full Version : East Sussex calling!

bustagasket
21-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi all, great idea to have this forum hoping to learn heaps off you guys as a am a noob :P
I started crafting in feb this year doing the usual cards, then made sweetie bouquets and then started decorating candles. But i was really itching to make jewellery, both silverwork and beading and finally plucked up the courage to enrol in my local college for a Jewellery Making and & Design course, in which i have just completed my first term and i am itching to get back in september. I bomarded my tutor with questions in the last couple of weeks so that i would be able to do stuff at home whilst the summer holidays were going, and i am loving every minute.
I am a mum of 3 boys, the eldest sadly passed away in 2000 aged 13 years, but his younger brothers are growing up fast, turning 18 and 15 at the end of the year respectively. I am waiting for the elder one to move out so that i can have his bedroom for a proper crafting room lol.

I have been married for 26 years and my faithful German Shepherd - Buster, is normally by my side wherever i go.

I think thats enough waffle from me for now, as i want to read more from you guys on techniques etc. :p

EmmaRose
21-07-2009, 01:03 PM
welcome to the forum, and the addiction ;-). what kind of jewellery do you enjoy making? sorry about your son, that must have been very hard. dogs are great crafting companions! I too started out with card making! Whereabouts are you in East Sussex
Em

bustagasket
21-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi Em, I am in Westfield between Hastings and Rye, I have started with making silver stuff and now that i know how to knot properly for beading i am loving that, and am very much looking forward to combining them. Personally, I like delicate jewellery rather than chunky, which has meant i have made things difficult for myself to learn on lol and I have loads of tiny split rings to make this week as i have run out and also need to make fome fancy links for an onyx and crystal set that i have started. My blowtorch from Cookson arrived today (with some other goodies)which means i can run up some bedes on some wires for dangly bits lol and to make my ear wires etc, so lots to do. Everytime i order stuff from here i immediately start filling the basket again as a wish list lol. Next on the list for supplies is some silver sheet. I just cant get enough of it all. HeeHee

julie
21-07-2009, 03:08 PM
hi bustagasket welcome to the forum

AlexandraBuckle
21-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Hello and welcome :)

MuranoSilver
21-07-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/welcome.gif
Hope you enjoy the forum, glad to hear you're starting with silver & flames ;)
Nic x

Ominicci
22-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi from me too!

Nicci

Charlotte
22-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Hello! :) Welcome to the forum, its a huge learning resource for any level of jeweller, I love it!:D

Solunar Silver Studio
22-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi bustagasket!... It sounds as if you are 'a little more mature' - like me! I've been married 28 years and have 2 girls and 2 boys...and 3 grandchildren! My boys, 21 and 18, say they are never moving out - so you might have to wait for the free room too!! I'm so sorry to read about your oldest son - you have my heartfelt sympathy.

I had to laugh when I read your post...

I have been married for 26 years and my faithful German Shepherd - Buster, is normally by my side wherever i go. :p

...so you married a fine 'outdoors type' of gentleman from somewhere in Europe, his name is Buster and he enthusiastically supports all your artistic endeavours!! Oh! if we could all have such supportive menfolk!!

...I am so sorry - I have a bit of a warped sense of humour!:D

Have loads and loads of fun at college...and keep on asking those questions...then you can pass all the info on to us!!;)

EmmaRose
22-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Barbara
I know what you mean! believe me that wish list never ends!! who needs shoes and handbags when you can have TOOLS!:D
Love that part of the world, just been to Rye recently- heaven!
Em

bustagasket
22-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome peeps, i think my brain was going faster than my fingers lol, definately didnt marry my dog!

I work in Rye Em, so i am there three days a week - (hubby lets me have the other two off to follow my hobby :D)

Love collecting my tools, been experimenting with making fancy links today so lots of fun hehe.

So much to learn and i am so impatient to do it lol

EmmaRose
23-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Oh I am so jealous! Rye is so beautiful and everyone seemed so friendly there. Can't wait to go back!
E