PDA

View Full Version : How compulsive is this forum??!!

Solunar Silver Studio
21-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Well, I am on day 2 of my existence on this forum and I have spent all morning on it!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH:eek: And here is me bleating about how little time I have to devote to my jewellery!:o I did want to get to 15 posts as quickly as possible but it has gone beyond that now...am I addicted???? It is so interesting to read about you all and piece together pictures of your work and philosophy. I have been without contact with arty people for so long - I can't get enough of it now...and all UK citizens with UK frustrations...what bliss!!!!:D
So come on...admit it...how many hours a day??
Do you keep your computer on all day so you can nip back to have an update??
Go on - you can tell me....
I won't tell a soul.......:D

julie
21-07-2009, 11:32 AM
have to agree it is very addictive but also posting on the forum can get prizes :D i have been on today and managed to add some photos on my forum album but i'm still learning , finding my way round... well thats my excuse for my "ADDICTION" :rolleyes: LOL

julie
21-07-2009, 12:23 PM
what happens when you get to "15" post ??? i'm there now :eek:

apike
21-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi Julie,
Now you've passed the magical number of 15 posts, you now have the ability to post live links, imagery etc. Just makes it easier to share pics of your work, videos, blog etc.

Adam :)

Solunar Silver Studio
21-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi, apike. Can you tell me how you get the website: Twitter: Blog: Forum: bit at the bottom of your post? Do you have to write it manually each time or is there some sort of magic button...I'm showing my techy green-ness here!!:o
Barbara

MuranoSilver
21-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Profile Section in Signature :)

The Bijou Dragon
21-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Great forum, great people and loads of info... I spend way too much time here also :D

I also keep checking it every other website I look at... addicted? me? not at all... I could give it up anyt... Ohhh is that a new post?!

Petal
21-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I logon every morning and then have a quick look during the day to see whats going on, when I feel like a break from making things.... trouble is I'm not making as much as I should be. Then there's the evenings - got to see if there's any new interesting threads happening. ha ha :D

Its great, I love it. Thanks Cookson.

J x

EmmaRose
21-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh yes addiction LOL , got that :p! too long have needed a Brit based forum!
Em

MuranoSilver
21-07-2009, 01:46 PM
It's all cooksons fault - I blame them for my tool & equipment habit
& now they have a forum too!!

Nicola x

julie
21-07-2009, 02:31 PM
thank you adam for explaining that.. post live links, imagery etc :cool:

AlexandraBuckle
21-07-2009, 03:02 PM
yep - completely addicted - lol!
everyone seems to be on permanently - and new members all the time - its getting harder to keep up!!!

...must do some jewellery making....

Ominicci
22-07-2009, 06:32 AM
I usually pop on in the morning in the hour between breakfast and gym (if I go). Hubby leaves about 6.45 if home (sometimes works away) and I wave him goodbye and try not to go back to bed (otherwise it will be 11am before I know it!) although this morning I sat in bed to finish the cup of tea he brought me.

Sometimes I'll have a look in the evening if the pooter is on and no-one else is on it.

Solunar Silver Studio
22-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Coooooo!!! You've got him well trained!!:D
I think this thread has been really funny!!! And to think people are worried about swine flu....they don't know how infectious this site is!!! You (sorry we:o) are all as bad as each other!!
I am going to try to ration myself today..............I feel myself weakening already!!
Well - this session has been breakfast (crumbs all over the keyboard!!)
Then there'll be elevenses...lunch....tea at 3....perhaps a bit around dinner time....just before I go to bed.... Yup!! I'm practically cured!!:D

Charlotte
22-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I'm addicted, but I've been looking for this sort of thing for about a year!

Its very difficult to google a question (being self taught sometimes you just don't know where to start!), I don't think I've ever got a good answer to anything on the net! Now I know where to come when I get stuck!

Plus I don't really know any 'arty' people either, and everyone seems really nice here!

MuranoSilver
22-07-2009, 10:40 AM
That's because the trolls haven't arrived yet :eek: :D
Nic xx

AlexandraBuckle
22-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Oh no! Now I'm scared :eek: *runs and hides*

*peeks put from behind curtain* Is it safe to come out...?

MuranoSilver
22-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Yep no trolls here :D