PDA

View Full Version : Skittles our beloved Cat - RIP

MuranoSilver
01-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Up until Saturday we both had such a fabulous time, it was our first proper break for ages...I had the most wonderful enamel course ever.
Howard visited most of the pubs in Cornwall. Friday night we had a delicious end of course dinner which Hubby got invited to.

We decided to spend Saturday at the Eden project... it started out with such excitement....

Unfortunately while there we received news that our cat Skittles had heart failure, his lungs had filled up and he was suffering
we had to make the terrible decision to send him to sleep....

He was an elderly cat with quite a few health issues but it still doesn't make things any easier.
Skittles was just the most warm and loving rescue cat you could hope for, always purring so friendly, we valued our time with him.

The house feels pretty empty now....
I will post up about the course and the pictures of wonderful Eden,
just bear with me for a few days

Nic xxx

bustagasket
01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh Nic i am sooooooo sorry to hear about skittles, he was a wonderful cat, so full of character that you immediately fell in love with him.

Its gonna be a very hard few days for you and my thoughts will be with you, the passing of a much loved pet is so painful, i know. I only met him the once but he made a great impression on me.

RIP Skittles, you were a truely loved cat.

Hugs hun [[]] xxxxxxxx

Di Sandland
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Nic, my thoughts are with you. I'm so sorry....

kymbi
01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news about Skittles ~ my thoughts and virtual hugs are with you. I've got two 18 year olds (one with serious-ish health issues) who've had a good and loving life, but I know I will be devastated when they pass.

Take care my lovely xx

Jayne
01-11-2009, 08:05 PM
[]
J x

Boo
01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm really sorry to hear it. All of our 4 cats left us in the same sort of way - we had to make the decision when their quality of life deteriorated - sometimes unexpectedly and before their time.

It's never easy and nothing is much consolation. Only this evening, I dropped a bit of chicken on the floor whilst serving dinner and commented that with no cats, I had to bend down and pick it up myself - in the past, it would have been caught before it even hit the tiles. You never stop actually missing them.

But your life was no doubt greatly enhanced by Skittles being around and the companionship they give us is priceless.

You'll be in my thoughts, I know how heartbreaking it is.

Lindyloo
01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh Nic. I am so sorry to hear that Skittles has gone. How sad for you both. A big hug from me.[[]]

Emerald
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Big hugs from me to xx

caroleallen
01-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Sorry Nic. Losing a pet is never easy. What a shame your trip ended that way.

Solunar Silver Studio
01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry you had such a sad end to your lovely week Nic... Thinking of you. []

Gemma
01-11-2009, 09:22 PM
[] Big hugs Nic xxx

mizgeorge
01-11-2009, 09:55 PM
That's such sad news Nic. It's heartbreaking to lose a pet, and somehow rescues seem to become even more special. It sounds like you have some lovely memories of him though. []

Petal
01-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear you have lost your beloved pet Nic, but glad that you and your hubby have shared many happy memories of your times with Skittles. I agree with George, rescues are always that bit more special, probably because you have chosen to give them a new lease of life. Have a big [] from me.

:X

shelliem
02-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi

I just wanted to say sorry about Skittles - I love all cats and animals and dread the day I have to part with mine.

I hope you feel better soon.

SilverBlueberry
02-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Oh, poor kitty! :( I feel sad for you. I have cats too. I can't imagine they will be gone some day.

MuranoSilver
02-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Thank you -
I've only realised today how few pictures I have of him....
This was the last one I took, he decided he wanted to have fuss
and climbed himself up onto the desk lay on the keyboard,
put his head on my arm and purrred.
He was looking right at me all the time....maybe he knew
maybe I'm just a little mad in the head at the moment but his
eyes are so knowing....
Nic x

SilverBlueberry
02-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Aww! He looks so sweet!

Sometimes it seems like cats know things. Once, our cat Cookie had gotten a claw in her eye, and eye fluid was leaking from it, which is pretty serious, and she came to us and kept sitting on the back of the sofa and showed us her eye until we noticed something was wrong. I'm sure we often read things in a cat's behavior that we want to see, but maybe sometimes it's true..

Boo
02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Ah bless. I suspect that you're absolutely right.

This is the last photo I took of Norris who left us about 3 years ago now. He just ran out of steam. He'd come to us as a elderly rescue cat with a lot of health issues. We couldn't resist him he was such a character. We decided that it was going to be a serious and potentially expensive commitment and if we gave him 6 months (he'd been a stray for very many months with an old lady feeding him at the bottom of her garden until she was concerned that he was getting very thin and looked poorly) it would be a good thing to do. He was with us over 3 years in the end - and I wouldn't have had it any other way - there wasn't a day he didn't make us guffaw laughing.

On what turned out to be his last full day with us, he didn't want to eat or anything so we knew we were going to have to make that decision soon. He lay down near where I was working on the windowsill and I caught him watching me, so spoke to him and he didn't move, just started purring. So I took this photo, my last of him.

http://photos.imageevent.com/boophotos/photos/norris3523.jpg

kymbi
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Both beautiful pics with such tender and loving memories []

oh lordy, I'm filling up....

Rustic Charm
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
[[]] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[[]]

bustagasket
02-11-2009, 08:40 AM
He will always be with you Nic, he was so handsome, and you will hear that scatching on your computer tower for a long time to come - just his way of letting you know hes still with you, as long as you have him in your heart.

Ok stopping now i have goosebumps on my goosebumps and blubbing [][][]

AlexandraBuckle
02-11-2009, 09:01 AM
So sorry to hear about your lovely Skittles [[]]

MuranoSilver
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Su - you're so right and I'm blubbing too. (in a good way)
Boo that's a wonderful picture to remember Norris by
Nicx

Petal
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
me too

xx

lorraineflee
02-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Hugs
Lorraine

agent_44
02-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Nic, I am so sorry, he was such a lovely cat aswell, I quite fancied catnapping him when I came up to yours! Thinking of you x

The Dragon
02-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm so sorry Nic, it must be heartbreaking for you. I'd be devistated if anything happened to one of mine. [[]]