PDA

View Full Version : Jewellery Labels

Trudy
01-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I have my first craft fair next week, I have mini cards to label the price of my more expensive pieces but I need some small labels for the other bits...does anyone here use dumbbell labels and if so do you have any recommendations for a good supplier?

Thank you :)

Boo
01-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I use some silver dumbell ones and like them very much - they're not sticky in the middle bit, so they move freely and don't stick or damage your pieces. I got mine off eBay a logn while ago, but did notice that Morplan had them in their current catalogue - from £3.75/1000 for white and £4.95/1000 for gold or silver. There will be P&P on top of that. They also have some good wrapping bargains in the sale which starts tomorrow.

https://www.morplan.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10053&productId=19010&langId=-1

If you go for the metallic ones, you'll need a suitable pen to write on them with, I use a fineline Sharpie on mine.

Trudy
01-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Perfect! Thank you Boo :Y:

Petal
01-11-2009, 02:10 PM
I use these - Product Details - Noble Gift Packaging (http://www.noblepackaging.com/details.asp?SKU=TAGO1&cat1ID=235&cat2ID=776&cat3ID=0) not cheap, but they do the job. However, having seen the dumbbell labels and the cost of them, I think I'll be doing some research once my box of labels runs out, as mine are seriously expensive compared to the dumbells. =:-O They were definitely an improvement from the white labels on string I used before.

I'm in the process of finding a way of giving the customer info on what each piece of jewellery is made of; whether that info is contained within each box, along with the jewellery, or whether its displayed separately (say, in front of the box), and then put inside once someone purchases.

I started out with large white labels attached to each piece, onto which I wrote which semi-precious stone it was, plus any other important info. I went to the Spring Fair at the NEC this year and realised what a total dogs dinner my stand looked in comparison to their displays. I think it was BenB who mentioned displaying each piece of jewellery in its own box, it becomes a mini display all on its own and I think that idea sounds good to me. :Y: It will be interesting to hear others ideas. (Though on a Sunday, it can be VERY quiet)... it will soon pick up tomorrow once all of the regulars are back.

Hope that helps.

xx

kymbi
01-11-2009, 02:43 PM
I use dumbell labels, but I also have a vertical business card with my details at the top, then on the bottom I note the materials used, eg gemstones, metal, lampwork artist etc, along with the price of the piece or set. When someone buys it, I just cut off the price bit (if it is a gift) and pop it into the box along with a moo card or a gift tag.

I stand these cards in front of the display bust, or poking out underneath - it doesn't look as sleek as just having the dumbells, but I've found that customers like to know what the stones are in the design and can take their time browsing and reading the information ;)

Trudy
01-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys, Jules those labels do look good too thank you. :Y:
I have some mini cards that have my details on one side and are plain white on the other side so I was thinking of writing the gemstones and materials etc and attaching it with a little ribbon or putting it next to the piece.

When you have used lampwork beads would you normally write the name of the lampwork artist on your label or just put 'hand crafted glass beads' (or something similar)??

kymbi
01-11-2009, 03:42 PM
For the lampwork, I name the artist who made the beads. If I haven't got the maker to hand, I note that it's handmade and country of origin - just to differentiate from the mass produced stuff floating about at the moment.

Petal
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I use dumbell labels, but I also have a vertical business card with my details at the top, then on the bottom I note the materials used, eg gemstones, metal, lampwork artist etc, along with the price of the piece or set. When someone buys it, I just cut off the price bit (if it is a gift) and pop it into the box along with a moo card or a gift tag.

I stand these cards in front of the display bust, or poking out underneath - it doesn't look as sleek as just having the dumbells, but I've found that customers like to know what the stones are in the design and can take their time browsing and reading the information ;)

Hi Kymbi
I'd love to see a copy of your vertical business card that you use, it sounds right up my street, but I can't quite picture it. Is the bit that you cut off at the top or bottom of the card? The reason I ask, is that I'm currently researching card & boxes and want to get the right size box to fit the jewellery and the info to go with it. You could always PM me if you don't want to share this info?

xx

kymbi
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi Jules, I've attached a snippet of my vertical business card - it's a bit small but will give you an idea. My nice Moo card has the lilac-y swirl design so I've carried it across for "branding" + added my contact details. About half the card can be used for description (in my best joined-up writing :)), with the price right at the bottom, then snipped off. I've also folded these in half to use as cards for stud earrings as well, and also used them as receipts in case anyone wants one.

I get the cards printed at Vistaprint with their heavyweight option and no VP logo or branding. They have the set up to do the vertical cards easy-peasy.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/kymbi58/verticalbusinesscard.jpg