PDA

View Full Version : I have to confess.....

lesley
31-10-2009, 05:45 PM
........I've been in my dressing gown most of the day. No reason, I'm just a lazy slut. :N:

mizgeorge
31-10-2009, 05:52 PM
pmsl.

But have you achived anything?

lesley
31-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I have achieved a state of all consuming guilt. :)

Did some washing, faffed about. I've had a lovely bubbly bath so I'm now clean and tingly and smell of herbs. :)

Petal
31-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm sure Geti will post something soon, once he reads that :Y:

xx

caroleallen
31-10-2009, 06:02 PM
That sounds really decadent and I'm so envious! I've been face painting most of the week at Eden and various other places, plus teaching jewellery for one day. Yesterday I did 11 hours without a break. Today I did 5 hours and I'm all finished now (probably literally!). Tomorrow I'm teaching again. Monday and Tuesday I'm flat out making stuff to take to my 2 big shows in Birmingham and London, plus packing. Phew! There must be more to life than this. All I ever do is work.

geti-titanium
31-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Just read it and resisting temptation - I can smell the calming herbs from here :)

lesley
31-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Blimey, my guilt level is rising higher!

It wasn't decadent, Carole, just one of those days when you can't settle down to do anything.
I tried taking some photos but the big clouds came and then I swore a lot - I'm good at that. :)

bustagasket
31-10-2009, 06:11 PM
lesley you are a woman after my own heart
as soon as i get home from work the first thing i want to do is get undressed, its all part of the relaxation process for me.

i just love it :D

geti-titanium
31-10-2009, 06:13 PM
now stop it you lot :dance:

lesley
31-10-2009, 06:15 PM
So, if I knocked at your door you'd answer it naked!

I have different clothes for inside and outside the house. That way I feel I can really slob about.
The arse on all my "inside" trousers has worn away. :D I've recently had to throw one pair out because they were totally indecent.

bustagasket
31-10-2009, 06:16 PM
So, if I knocked at your door you'd answer it naked!

noooooooooooooooooooo not naked!!!!! i do wear a gown!!!

lesley
31-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Just read it and resisting temptation - I can smell the calming herbs from here :)

There was also Iceland moss. Not sure what it's supposed to do.

Emerald
31-10-2009, 06:40 PM
huh after tiding up all day after OH decided to tidy up? on his day off, he left the house in a bigger mess than usual then going to the tip, the sweet shop, shopping, having youngest ones hair cut, carving pumpkins, taking middle one to a halloween party and then cooking tea oh and in the middle of it all making pumpkin soup you should have a severe guilt complex madam x

The Dragon
31-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Nowt wrong with that ladies, ;) as soon as I finish phaffing about with the Liver of Sulpher I'm sliding ino a bath fragranced with classic old rose, sipping from a glass of rose wine and reading a 'jewellery' book.

Then I might do a bit of gentle polishing until I feel ready for my date with some soft crisp clean bedsheets. I-)

Bliss. xXx

Boo
31-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I have different clothes for inside and outside the house. That way I feel I can really slob about.
The arse on all my "inside" trousers has worn away. I've recently had to throw one pair out because they were totally indecent.
Ha ha, me too. I work from home all the time and always have inside and outside clothes. When I go out for my lunchtime walk, I have to get changed. I tend to keep the same shirt on, but my trousers aren't really fit for others to see.

If it's any consolation, I was in my dressing gown until lunchtime myself today - and plan on doing the same tomorrow. I did get quite a bit done, just showering and dressing wasn't one of them.

I can work fine in scruffy clothes, but when my husband works at home, he has to put a shirt and tie on - he says his business head is associated with the clothes. I can work quite happily in my nightie.

Petal
31-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I usually read the forum first thing in the morning in my exercise clothes, but for work I have a favourite very holey paid of jeans that I often wear, but I couldn't wear those outside, I'd probably get done for indecent exposure!

xx

Di Sandland
31-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Lesley - you could be my long lost sister. I am a dyed in the wool slut. I gave up trying to pretend otherwise a few years ago. Leaving the world of outside work and working from home just made me ten times worse.

I too have indoor and outdoor clothes. The trousers I wear indoors are miles too big and fall down as I walk upstairs but they are sooooooo comfortable.

I do find that I have to change out of my jammies in the morning otherwise I don't do any real work. And my morning doesn't start until Jeremy Kyle has finished - even if they are repeats. I snooze on the sofa whilst he puts the world to rights. Then coffee, slobby trousers and website writing.

lesley
31-10-2009, 09:20 PM
The trousers I wear indoors are miles too big and fall down as I walk upstairs but they are sooooooo comfortable.

I have those trousers too. :) I'm giving the impression that I'm some sort of bag lady but I think I scrub up OK.

Oh no, not JK! I don't watch much TV, and never during the day - it just feels so wrong. Although I have another confession........I've just watched The X Factor! Why did I do that......I knew it would just annoy me. #-o

Solunar Silver Studio
01-11-2009, 07:51 AM
The trousers I wear indoors are miles too big and fall down as I walk upstairs but they are sooooooo comfortable.

I can relate to that!! I wear jeans nearly all the time now - but since my waist is now the same size as my hips and I never had much padding in the rear there is nothing to stop them sliding down! Have you ever ended up at the bottom of the stairs (with your arms full) and your trousers round your ankles - in fits of hysterical laughter??!! I't quite a common occurrence hereabouts!!:-D (Has anybody seen that beautiful, elegant lady that my husband married in the eighties??!!:dontknow:):rofl:

shelliem
01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
You all made me smile and less guilty about my plan to take a bath in minute and spend the day in my PJ's reading jewellery books!

Although I did start work at 8am yesterday and have only just finished - which I like to use often for justification to be a slob :dance:

Ominicci
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Haha and I've just had a subtle hint from OH that the day is running away with us and the shower is calling me. Although I have done some jewellery research on the net, doodled some designs, flicked through Tim's Boxes and Lockets book again and taken some jewellery (photos later) out of the tumbler already this morning - all in my dressing gown. Need to make a whole load of stuff to send to the Assay office this week if I'm going to have enough to sell on 12th Nov =:-O

Boo
01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm the same, still beavering away in my nightie.

Jayne
01-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I used to be normal....you know? Get up before midday, shower, dress, do stuff etc., but since September all my kids are at secondary school & that has had a massive effect on me.
Not having to do the whole playground thing in the morning has meant that I've gradually slipped from someone who wears something different & does her make-up & hair everyday, to someone who.......doesn't!! I am a total slob. I wear the same jeans/jogging bottoms everyday, can't be bothered with make-up or straighteners, can't see the point of dying my roots........I have become a troglodyte.:eek:
J x

geti-titanium
01-11-2009, 11:30 AM
ooh Jayne - you just shattered an illusion :dance: says me still sitting here at 12:32 in my dressing gown trying to build up the enthusiasm to go to Sainsbugs before it shuts at 4pm

Jayne
01-11-2009, 11:33 AM
me still sitting here at 12:32 in my dressing gown trying to build up the enthusiasm to go to Sainsbugs before it shuts at 4pm

ha ha no illusions shattered here lol! :X
J x

lesley
01-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I think I'm now being punished for my sluttishness. I only had my ears pierced a couple of months ago and, overnight, the left one has come up all hot and red and SORE!

(There was some icky stuff too. ..........why am I telling you this?) :-p

geti-titanium
01-11-2009, 12:44 PM
(There was some icky stuff too. ..........why am I telling you this?)

Have you got a picture for us? [-X

lesley
01-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Have you got a picture for us? [-X

Noooooooooo! You perv! :D

It's all gone now anyway - boiling salty water and a few screams. I really hope it heals up properly. It's taken all my life to screw up the nerve to get my ears pierced and I still come out in a cold sweat every time I have to put in an earring. Metal just shouldn't go into little fleshy holes.

geti-titanium
01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Metal just shouldn't go into little fleshy holes.

No comment here :)

WitchfordSilver
01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Forget the metal going into ears!!!

i'd keep the ear's away from that boiling salty water!!!!

lesley
01-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Bloody ear bloody hurts. :(

Jayne
01-11-2009, 10:10 PM
you got a picture? ;)
J x

Jayne
01-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Sorry.
Have you tried sudocream?

SilverBlueberry
02-11-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm unemployed now and I'm doing better than I thought I would. When I worked I would at times long for these days where you basically just sit and watch Pride & Prejudice for 8 hours and do nothing else. I thought that that was the only thing I would do when I was unemployed. Instead I'm getting up early, making jewelry like crazy and well, spending a little too much time on forums and the internet. I'm naturally a lazy person so I'm sort of happy with myself. :)

Solunar Silver Studio
02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
I think it is one of the hardest things - trying to get a balance between life and 'passion' when you are your own boss...that and getting used to the 'going it alone' problem - which this forum goes a long way towards solving!:Y: Enjoy your new lifestyle and plan each day to make you happy!!:D

bustagasket
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm unemployed now and I'm doing better than I thought I would. When I worked I would at times long for these days where you basically just sit and watch Pride & Prejudice for 8 hours and do nothing else. I thought that that was the only thing I would do when I was unemployed. Instead I'm getting up early, making jewelry like crazy and well, spending a little too much time on forums and the internet. I'm naturally a lazy person so I'm sort of happy with myself. :)

Good luck to you silver, hope you contimue to produce lots of jewellery and thoroughy enjoy being at home all the time, I know i would, although i am extremely lazy too, and really need to close my alptop sometimes lol

AlexandraBuckle
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
He he, this thread made me smile, I'm often still in my dressing gown until about lunch time - the postman always laughs at me when I answer the door! I think he thinks I'm a complete slob!
I get quite a lot achieved in my dressing gown - i tend to take my morning shower when i need a break form my work :)

By the way - i also have 'indoor' clothes!

How is your ear now Lesley...? I never did get mine pierced cos I'm scared that my ears will go horrid!

lesley
02-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Go for it, SilverBlueberry - good luck!
I am a lazy perfectionist which can be quite confusing and frustrating. I'm at the stage now where, if I'm not going to do something properly, I won't do it at all! It's a terrible attitude to have, I know, and applies to most things.

Alexandra, my left ear is healing nicely thank you but the right one is now hot and hurting. I have no idea why. I'm spraying antiseptic spray on it and hoping for the best.

Petal
02-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Go for it, SilverBlueberry - good luck!
I am a lazy perfectionist which can be quite confusing and frustrating. I'm at the stage now where, if I'm not going to do something properly, I won't do it at all! It's a terrible attitude to have, I know, and applies to most things.

Alexandra, my left ear is healing nicely thank you but the right one is now hot and hurting. I have no idea why. I'm spraying antiseptic spray on it and hoping for the best.

Oh Lesley, I'm sorry to hear about your earlobes... I've had the same thing when I had my ears re-pierced I was given some liquid to dab on them with cotton wool, until they settled down and were not inflamed. Perhaps your local chemist could suggest something mild and soothing to help out ... no not a glass of wine, something for your earlobes!

xx

Solunar Silver Studio
02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Although it smells terrible I have always found that surgical spirit is the best thing for the oozies! Both myself and my daughter have really sensitive skin and have a lot of trouble with earrings....only being able to wear silver or gold. Surgical spirit seems to dry it up the quickest...water or cream based antiseptics tend to make it go soggier and get worse.

By the way - we have both found that Argentium earwires are totally brilliant for sensitive earlobes...far less risky that sterling which does occasionally cause irritation ...no erruptions since July!!:Y: ....so there is at least one thing I am going to use Argentium for!!!

lesley
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the healing tips xx.
The annoying thing is I'm fine with silver and have had no bother with my lobes for the whole of the two months - so why go oozy now!

Oh Lesley, I'm sorry to hear about your earlobes...xx
Why does that sound funny? :)

Fiona
02-11-2009, 11:38 PM
noooooooooooooooooooo not naked!!!!! i do wear a gown!!!

Oooooo how very posh .. and do you wear evening gloves as well:dance::dance:

kymbi
03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm with Barbara on the surgical spirit treatment Lesley - it's alcohol so it kills anything dead and dries up the ear. If you can, put a small silver or gold sleeper into the ears, wipe with surgical spirit 3-4 times a day and gently turn the sleeper, so that it doesn't stick or crust.

Anyone who had their ears pierced more than 35 years ago will recognise the standard treatment back then - they used a sleeper to pierce the ear directly (no ear-guns back then) and had to keep it in for a month bathing with the surgical spirit and turning. The surgical spirit helps to harden the sensitive skin inside the lobe around the hole.

Boo
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I clearly remember when I had mine done - I'd wanted them doing for years and my parents said I had to wait until I was 16. So I got them done a few days before my 16th birthday - on 30th December - sometime in the 70s. And I was one of the first to get them done with gold studs - until then they were always done with sleepers and my place had a new fangled gun that worked with studs. So you're spot on, it was just under 35 years ago. I still did the surgical spirit and twist routine several times a day.

kymbi
03-11-2009, 08:59 AM
ooooooh, that sound spookily familiar - I wasn't allowed to get mine done until I was 15, so got them done in 1973. It's etched on my mind - jeweller/pawn shop at the Elephant & Castle, ice, sleepers and a pair of pliers (ewwww, I still shudder). A friend got hers done 6 months later and had a neat pair of studs done with a gun (humpf!).

I went to get second holes pierced with my mum about 6 years later - she got hers done immediately while I walked up and down the high street dithering for 2 hours as I couldn't face it after my original experience. I didn't have any problems with my original piercings but one of the stud ones gave me gip until I popped a sleeper in it - I always put it down to soap n stuff getting in behind the stud or around the butterfly.

Ominicci
03-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I had mine done in the 70's too and had little gold star studs.

Thanks for the tip about Argentium silver for ears Barbara. I am glad as I've just done a load of earwires in Argentium as it balls perfectly on the ends!!

I recently wore a pair of my own earring that I had oxidised on the front and although I had rinsed them well and sanded and polished all the oxidisation off the back of the earring it still caused some irritation. Something to mention when selling oxidised pieces?

lesley
03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
They seem to be settling down now - normal colour, nearly normal size.

I was a bit worried yesterday as I felt decidedly unwell (headache, hot but shivery, nauseous) and I didn't like the thought of a rampant infection coursing through my body. :(

As I had them done a couple of months ago I've only made myself one pair of earrings so far. Well actually, they were rejects that didn't make the grade. I wear those when I go out and a pair of leverbacks when I'm in the house - I find them more comfortable than studs. When my ears are better I'll make a pair of earrings just for me.........I might even post a piccy. :)

By the way, do you all make "nice" things for yourselves or, like me, only wear the rejects and experiments?

Jayne
03-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Glad to hear that your ear is getting better Lesley :)

By the way, do you all make "nice" things for yourselves or, like me, only wear the rejects and experiments?

ha ha, this is a question close to my heart.......I only wear the rejects & experiments - ever - at the moment I'm wearing a 'statement necklace' which I made by joining together the 'statement earrings' which I wore for most of last year, which were themselves an experiment in gold plate :Y:
Now there's class lol!
J x

snow_imp
03-11-2009, 10:33 AM

Most of the 'reject' pieces I make can be recycled into other stuff as they just involve beads and wire :)

The most recent piece I made (the carnelian stuff) was redone from an earlier attempt with other beads where I didn't like the end result - but since it's made with sterling silver instead of silver plated wire I consider it a "nice" piece and it's alllll mine.

kymbi
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Rejects, Lesley? Oh, no, you surely mean "prototypes" :-D and yes, I keep them ~ well there has to be some perks ;)

Can't remember the last time I made something especially for me, but I do a lot of beading, so I gather all the dodgy beads from different strings (chipped, badly drilled holes etc) and then make some asymmetrical necklaces with them, adding silver stations and jumprings along the way....

Boo
03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I occasionally make 'bigger' things just for me, if I have a special occasion or something - I usually make something new for Christmas. Earrings I make regularly as I always wear them - but I like little ones.

But most of what I wear are prototypes.