PDA

View Full Version : Handmade in Britain- tickets

EmmaRose
29-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I am exhibiting this year, and have a limited number of complimentary tickets and PV invites spare....PV Wed 11th Nov 6.30pm-8pm show Wed-Saturday (11th-14th) at Chelsea Town Hall, London. If anyone would like one, please let me know. All sorts of crafts, great for Xmas prezzies!!
Em

Di Sandland
29-10-2009, 04:07 PM
In my world, pv means something so very different (conspicuous clearing of throat)

EmmaRose
29-10-2009, 04:57 PM
oh dear. In mine it means Private View....

Di Sandland
29-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Actually, I suppose they could be considered interchangeable ;)

AlexandraBuckle
29-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I seem to have spent most of the day puzzled by comments on the forum!
Firstly Sheltie with the anonymous PM, then MizG's reference to a 70's TV show and band and now this... PV... what else can that stand for.........:confused:

Lindyloo
29-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I've no idea what else it could mean either. In fact, I read all the threads ignoring all the little abbreviations, as I have no idea what they mean. But I'm up for a ticket please Emma. I am leading a very sad life at the moment (due to a lack of money), and would love a free outing. Do you think I will be able to go and not spend any money?

EmmaRose
29-10-2009, 05:22 PM
difficult Linda, but can be done :) lots of inspiration. be sure to come by and say hi.
meanwhile private message me your email or postal address and I'll send you a print out email or proper version as you prefer!
Em

Di Sandland
29-10-2009, 05:24 PM
pv in my world (midwifery) means per vaginam in English - via the vagina.

EmmaRose
29-10-2009, 05:28 PM
lurvely Di (hoping Jay doesn't read this thread...you'll have added to his vocab!!LOL). I spose it could be the same LOL, but no in this case (I sincerely hope anyway!!!)
Em

Petal
29-10-2009, 05:31 PM

OMG Di, I bet YOU have seen a few things in your days as a Midwife - probably more than you wanted to, eh. ;) Though you've also had the joy of bringing lots of little ones into the world and that must be an amazing feeling :Y:

Di Sandland
29-10-2009, 05:33 PM
OMG Di, I bet YOU have seen a few things in your days as a Midwife - probably more than you wanted to, eh. ;) Though you've also had the joy of bringing lots of little ones into the world and that must be an amazing feeling :Y:

Oh yes - it was the ones with dirty feet that always turned my stomach tho. Not just grubby on the soles like they had wandered round all day with nowt on their feet (as I do) but thick and cheesy.

I did love it tho - it was a vocation, really.

AlexandraBuckle
29-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Ahhhh, ok! Ewww. I've learnt quite a lot today :)

Lindyloo
29-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Luckily, I've already eaten.

Jayne
29-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Oh yes - it was the ones with dirty feet that always turned my stomach tho. Not just grubby on the soles like they had wandered round all day with nowt on their feet (as I do) but thick and cheesy.

Luckily I've already had me kids......
J x

Jayne
29-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Emma,
I don't think I'd be able to make the PV, but if you have any complimentaries for the show on Wed, Thurs or Fri then I'd be ever so grateful.
Be nice to meet you :)
J x

Sheltie
29-10-2009, 09:30 PM

A bit like PR always raises a smile from me

Lindyloo
13-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Back on the topic, I went to Handmade in Britain today. Twas lovely. So much lovely stuff. Lots of jewellery, ceramics and textiles. I met EmmaRose, and admired her very original and pretty jewellery.

It's a warm and friendly show, in the heart of Chelsea. It's on again tomorrow if anyone is near enough to make it to London. :xmaslaugh:

caroleallen
13-11-2009, 09:38 PM
How did the show go EmmaRose? Country Living is OK but nothing special. Most people are disappointed with their takings compared to previous years. Some people are 50% down. One lady I spoke to who sold beautiful silk velvet scarves said she'd taken £40 one day, compared to £1,000 on the same day the previous year. I've covered my costs now (which were quite considerable as I had a 3 metre stand, travelling and expensive hotel bills to pay). I've got 2 days to make some money now, hopefully.

Emerald
13-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh good luck Carol i have everything crossed for you, hope Em's had a good time. Wish i was nearer London Lindyloo this is my kind of show glad you where able to make it xx