PDA

View Full Version : Wish List

bustagasket
29-10-2009, 08:10 AM
I often use the shopping basket at cookies as my wish list and then when it comes to ordering i delete what i cant afford yet off and place my order. I have done this successfully since i first started buying here, and had a nice wishlist set up since the last freepost, but then i thought i ought to get some more wire organised. Rather than delete it all this time i thought i would start a new basket for the wire.

I went back to it yesterday to find it said there was nothing in my basket. I thought it strange so i went to previous baskets and both my wire order and my "wish list" were gone.

I was gutted cos very often my wish list has items on it which have been recommended by other members and i cant remember everything that was on there.

So my question is, is it possible to have a proper dedicated wish list - somewhat like Amazon.co.uk does for books, so that it can be kept safe and items can be picked from it when more money is available. Especially with christmas coming up - i have told everyone just to give me money so that i can order tools and stuff, and now my lovely list is gone :'(

So please Cookies, is it possible to have a proper wish list for us tool-a-holics?:confused:[-o<

Boo
29-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I realise that this doesn't directly address your problem, but the way I do things like that is I have a piece of software for taking notes. I copy anything like that into my note software which I always have open.

It's like a digital notebook and you can have pages with jottings on, URLs of interest, tutorial content, recipes - anything you can write down. You can have pages organised into sections - just like having a virtual spiral bound pad, but you can move the pages round to your hearts content. You can have several notebooks if you want too - I just keep everything in one - organised into folders. A feature I really like is that you can timestamp notes - so I can take notes on phone conversations etc. You can even open URLs directly from it.

It doesn't need saving, it saves every minute or whatever as you go along and as it's largely plain text (with some formatting), when closed and compressed, it doesn't take up much space - so I have a copy of the notebook itself on every computer, USB drives etc. - if I'm working away or something, I just copy over the latest version and I have all my jottings with me - everything from family addresses for postcards to my PayPal balance, all my conversations with customers etc.

It took a while to find just such a thing - I've been looking for years and tried many - and I'd now be lost without it. I downloaded it originally with the intention of buying the pro version which is fantastically featured, but the trial expired about the time my husband lost his job, so it defaulted to the basic free version which is still fantastic.

It's called Debrief from Debrief Notes - Note Software (http://debriefnotes.com/)

Di Sandland
29-10-2009, 08:27 AM
I've just taken a quick look, Boo, and it looks to be the dog's whatsits. I spend a large part of my life sitting here in front of the screen, so it would be just right for me.

I'm not very good at writing things down - when I worked as a community midwife my diary was never updated as it was all in my head. Not good considering that it was considered a legal document and my get out of jail free card should anybody lay a complaint at my door.

Will investigate further.

AlexandraBuckle
29-10-2009, 08:28 AM
That sounds very useful. Is it like Microsoft OneNote do you know?
I have that on my computer but I've never used it.

Di Sandland
29-10-2009, 08:31 AM
One complaint - the typeface on the website is dreadfully small! I've downloaded the basic version though.

Solunar Silver Studio
29-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I often use the shopping basket at cookies as my wish list and then when it comes to ordering i delete what i cant afford yet off and place my order. I have done this successfully since i first started buying here, and had a nice wishlist set up since the last freepost, but then i thought i ought to get some more wire organised. Rather than delete it all this time i thought i would start a new basket for the wire.

I went back to it yesterday to find it said there was nothing in my basket. I thought it strange so i went to previous baskets and both my wire order and my "wish list" were gone.

I was gutted cos very often my wish list has items on it which have been recommended by other members and i cant remember everything that was on there.

So my question is, is it possible to have a proper dedicated wish list - somewhat like Amazon.co.uk does for books, so that it can be kept safe and items can be picked from it when more money is available. Especially with christmas coming up - i have told everyone just to give me money so that i can order tools and stuff, and now my lovely list is gone :'(

So please Cookies, is it possible to have a proper wish list for us tool-a-holics?:confused:[-o<

How bizarre is that?? Usually the problem is trying to delete the things you can't afford when the 'freepost' day comes!! Perhaps Cooksons need to look into that because they will miss out on sales if people lose their wish lists!!

bustagasket
29-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks Boo :)that certainly looks cool, and i am gonna download it to help unscramble my brain for everything else lol, might look at the portable one so that i can have it with me at work or at home, but a wishlist on Cookies site itself, would still be invaluable to me because when people give links to items on the shop site can just add them to my wish list if its something that interests me and in one click i can order it.

Just read that i can still use the main one on two comps so guess i will go for that :)

Boo
29-10-2009, 09:07 AM
It certainly doesn't replace the wish list on the site, I wasn't suggesting that at all, that would allow you to just add things to your basket straight from a wish list you could save. But at least you'd still have a record of the information and could paste in the product codes or something to start a new order.

I've often found that I start placing an order or get interrupted or something (in many places, not just Cookies) and sites often lose your order if you don't finish it within a certain time, so I've got into the habit of pasting items into a note order as well as the site, so if it's lost, it would be easier to start again.

I installed it on my laptop for my husband to use when he was job hunting and copying details and making a lot of notes and he just couldn't get on with it at all, but I have a great deal of information in mine - as long as you remember to back it up often.

Trudy
29-10-2009, 11:08 AM
a wishlist on Cookies site itself, would still be invaluable to me because when people give links to items on the shop site can just add them to my wish list if its something that interests me and in one click i can order it.

I think a wishlist would be great too :) I started a thread about this back in July http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/suggestions/98-wish-list.html but didnt hear anything so maybe they decided against it :confused:

bustagasket
29-10-2009, 11:19 AM
oh sorry Trudy i didnt realise :-s

Trudy
29-10-2009, 11:23 AM
oh sorry Trudy i didnt realise :-s

No need to apologise!! :) :) I was just saying I agree with you it would be a good idea :Y: :Y:

bustagasket
29-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Thats ok then :D

shelliem
03-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I agree with a wishlist too - I have been saving my basket but sometimes items are mentioned that Cooksons don't appear to sell or that I need to take more time in looking for and Boo's idea sounds like the perfect solution.

I've downloaded the basic version to play with and also hope Cooksons hear our cries for a wishlist :Y:

ahunter
04-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Wish list will be live next year - Feb / March time.

Only wish it could be sooner.

Regards

Adam Hunter
E-Commerce Manager

snow_imp
04-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Wish list will be live next year - Feb / March time.

Only wish it could be sooner.

Regards

Adam Hunter
E-Commerce Manager

Ooh, can't wait to play with that - I had a similar problem with baskets earlier today - nearly re-ordered something I already had.

Laceyloudesign
22-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I am new to silver and to Cooksons, been looking through and found this thread, which said the wish list would be live Feb/March time (posted Nov 2009). Has this happened and if so where do I find it, I cant seem to see it?
Louise