PDA

View Full Version : Christmas woes

caroleallen
26-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Chatting to members of a different forum, they all say they're not buying many presents this Christmas due to counting pennies. I've also noticed that my Notonthehighstreet sales have only been a fraction of what they were this time last year. I've got a show at the NEC next week and Country Living in London the following week and was rather hoping to make a killing. I'm beginning to get a bit worried now.

Emerald
26-10-2009, 08:17 PM
well the sale i did last week was all people buying xmas pressies, i am not doing any expensive outlay shows this year just lots of house partys. The Nec xmas craft show is usually packed Carol so hopefully you will make a killing xx

Coco
26-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Carole don't worry, people often say they're gonna be sensible but when you see something you just have to have.....well what can you do?

Or is that just me?#-o

caroleallen
26-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Hee hee! You're very naughty Jason!

AlexandraBuckle
27-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Try not to worry Carole. I can't say as i've ever done any expensive shows, but if my experience of cheaper shows is anything to go by, you really don't know how the show will be until you get there.
Keep your chin up!

Di Sandland
27-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Carole, the truth of the matter is that you're in it now, so you have to go with positive attitude ;) There is no point worrying when there is little you can do about it anyway. Try a little positive thinking - they say it works.

These are positives to take with you:

your jewellery is gorgeous
your jewellery is individual
your jewellery is good enough to get into some very swanky galleries
you know what you're talking about (which counts for a lot)
you are at the top of your game

Big hugs, big kick up the bum, big 'go on girl, you can do it.'

This is written with much love and fellow-feeling :X

caroleallen
27-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Aw thanks guys. I know I'm my own worst enemy.

Emerald
27-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Aw thanks guys. I know I'm my own worst enemy.

arent we all seems to go with the territory x

The Dragon
27-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I do know how you feel, I spend a fair bit of time convincing myself I'm just a bit player with no talent.

I'm sure someone posted a link on here about a motivational piece on the worth of handcrafted artisan jewellery, maybe Nic at Morano will be able to find it as she subscribes to his newsletter. It made me feel a whole lot better about what I'm trying to do.

This is going to sound terrible but ... just remember yours is just one opinion (one that's hard to be objective about and that you live with 24/7), the forum members are a majority and we think your work is wonderful, so why argue against such obviously talented and knowledgable people. (I'm trying to be nice honest, the motavating people classes just aren't working).

You've had a c*** few days and that's bound to make you fell a little low, you might have to work a contingency in for lower sales because of the dreaded 'R' word but the great buying public's defences will crumble before Xmas, it's their chance to make themselves feel better and they will spend.
(BTW I've had that message 3 times from Tesco H/O this week so it must be right! lol).

Excuse me while I get off my soapbox and throw it on the bonfire:soapbox:

caroleallen
27-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Well thankee kindly!

Ominicci
28-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Do you mean this one?? DO sign up for his short Newsletters - they are free, contain helpful info and are very inspiring! Sign up at www.marketingjewellery.com

Pricing your jewellery (http://www.ganoksin.com/benchtube/video/265/Charge-More-for-Your-Jewelry)

Di Sandland
28-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I get his newsletters and I actually read them! Although I have noticed that he's quoting the Rene Klinberg (or whateverhernameis) a lot lately - he must be on an affiliate programme or something. Her stuff is good too but I'm ending up with duplicates now.