PDA

View Full Version : Dialux

The Dragon
22-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Ok stupid question time.

I bought some dialux a while back because I had heard you need to polish/clean your metal with this before finishing with rouge. So far so good but I tend to use my rouge with little calico pads fitted into my dremel as it saves on the elbow grease, can I use the same method for applying dialux?

Do I actually need to use dialux or can I get away with just rouge?

:ta:

Emerald
22-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes you can Annie but just use different mops always keep your mops seperate for differnt polish's so there is no contamination x

mizgeorge
22-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Which colour Annie?

The Dragon
23-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Which colour Annie?

It the grey one. To be honest George I don't really know what I'm doing, I want to polish my Copper Clay roses, so lots of little nooks and crannies. :(

I went through all the grits to finish prior to firing right down to wire wool and a baby wipe. I will tumble the roses to get a reasonable finish, what I'm looking for is a bright mirror finish on the back, I want to clean up the insides of the petals but give them a more brushed satin finish and have the mirror finish on the very edges of the petals for effect. I plan to seal with renaissance when I'm happy

It just seems that the polishes are very hard and I struggle to get the right amount onto the polishing pad. I think that I also need to get a softer mop for the rouge as I'm using calico at the moment. I'm so close to getting this project finished I guess I'm a little frustrated at the moment. :(|

Emerald
23-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Annie have you tried the Radial Bristle Discs, with the different colours of the discs you can do both a high shine and a satin finish.

caroleallen
23-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I agree with Jo. Those radial brushes would work a treat.