PDA

View Full Version : I may be some time.....

Ominicci
21-10-2009, 11:11 PM
...away.

Will be off to Devon tomorrow with my grandmother to finally get the FridgeFreezer. The first trip was abandoned when the car broke down in Devon on the way to the shops, so we didn't even get to look around for one. We have done our homework this time and been scouting around this week whilst she has been staying with me.

The plan is that we will order it tomorrow in Barnstaple for delivery on Friday, 24 hours switched on and standing, shopping to fill it up on Saturday, check it is all OK on Sunday a.m. and back home Sunday evening. But have pencilled in Monday and Tuesday away too if necessary.

Sunday pm we will be visiting Di (Moon Cottage) at Arlington Court, weather permitting... Grandma is 87 and doesn't like the wet... But if it is wet then I will try and leave early enough to stop off to see Di on the way home

:D:camera:

Boo
22-10-2009, 05:18 AM
Have a safe journey and fun with your tasks.

bustagasket
22-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Hope everything goes well this time Nic, and how wonderful that you will be meeting up with Di, wish i was joining you both, of course i have already met you Nic, but would still love to be tagging along to meet Di with you.

Hope you have a great time, take care, look forward to having you back :D

Petal
22-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Oh, how lovely being by the sea for a couple of days, and helping out your grannie with her freezer. I hope all goes well and that get everything you need done and have time to see our lovely Di on the way back. Give her a big [[]] from all of us and keep save.

lotsaluv

take care

xx

snow_imp
22-10-2009, 08:12 AM
I hope it all goes well for you.

agent_44
22-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a military operation! I just ordered a new fridge and freezer, on the internet, didn;t even have to leave the house :) (well that's a slight lie, I found what I wanted a while back in a shop, I have just been searching for a better price online). Have fun at Arlington :)

Ominicci
27-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Thank all. Some success was had and some not!

Fridge freezer that arrived was not exactly the same as the one ordered in the shop...except that it was the same model, but had had 'new specifications'. But Nanna wanted the one in the shop cos she liked the inside of the door layout and type of shelves. So we went back to the shop and finally bought the actual one off the shop floor. But it won't be delivered til Thursday, so I left her my cool box and got a nice neighbour to freeze the ice packs for her every other night.

Met Di on the Sunday afternoon at Arlington Court (she is sooooo lovely []), and hopefully cheered up an otherwise not too successful weekend for her :Y: A photo to come....

Di Sandland
27-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Aw, cheers, Nic - you're not so bad yourself. Group hug called for! [[]][[]]