PDA

View Full Version : My recent stuff

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Been playing a bit lately, so i made another fretwork piece (left off the photo as can only load 5)and some squiggles. Also attacked the dreaded twisted bracelet and took off the links and soldered the half circles together, then hopefully when i replace the links they will just be there for decoration and the old problem willl cease to exist.

Then i have set the tubes onto my bow bracelet ready for the tiny cabuchons to be set when college resumes in two weeks and i have polished it ready.

finally i had a go at two new techniques, a swirly bracelet and clasp and then a links one, copied the design from a book.

Hope you like them, despite the crappy quality of the photos as i hurredly took them in the kitchen just now and the light was bad.

Solunar Silver Studio
20-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Verrrrry nice!!!! Well done you!!:Y:

AlexandraBuckle
20-10-2009, 04:50 PM
yeah - looking good :)

Petal
20-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh Sue, I reckon you and I are using the same book for the swifly links and clasp! I've been having a go at doing the same things that are in your first and third piccie too, only yours look a helluva lot better than mine :Y: Lovely work Sue - the last one looks incredibly complicated.

xx

snow_imp
20-10-2009, 04:56 PM
ooh, i really like the squiggly stuff - i've been trying to get stuff like that to look good and it doesn't work for me - nice going

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 04:57 PM
thanks everyone thoroughly enjoying trying these new things :D

mizgeorge
20-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Well done Su!
That s link bracelet looks especially good :) Lovely swan clasp too.

Trudy
20-10-2009, 05:57 PM
They look great!! :Y:

amazingbabe
20-10-2009, 06:06 PM
They all look fab Su well done, you are flying, busy busy xx:Y::~:

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 06:22 PM
thanks everyone :)

jetlag
20-10-2009, 06:26 PM
OMG Aren't you clever!? Will I ever be that good? :'(

Gemma
20-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Wonderful :)
I love all the twisty bits. Do you make the toggle clasps too? They're gorgeous

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 07:03 PM
OMG Aren't you clever!? Will I ever be that good? :'(

wow i have had to double check i am on the right thread, never expected anyone to say that about anything I make, god knows how excited you get over other peoples work lol, but thank you i have a grin from ear to ear lol

Wonderful :)
I love all the twisty bits. Do you make the toggle clasps too? They're gorgeous

Thank you. Yes i have made all the toggles and clasps :D

lesley
20-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm a squiggle fan too - they're lovely specimens.
In fact they all look fab - even the blurry bracelets. :)

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 07:10 PM
lol yes i am afraid i kept forgetting to photo them so i hurredly did them when i got home but didnt have time to set it up properly lol

Kalorlo
20-10-2009, 07:13 PM
The swirly bracelet is lovely, Su! Look at the finish! And it's great to see your bow bracelet taking shape further.

Emerald
20-10-2009, 07:44 PM
One of the things that really really pees me off in the bead magazines and one of the reasons i have stopped buying a few of them is that there wire work is atrocious supposedly from people that are experienced, their wire ends are cut with pliers and you can tell their ends are cut with pliers there scrolls are well ........square scrolls its appalling now you Su could show them a thing or two your scrolls are beautiful and not a straight line in sight, and lovely finished ends on your scroll bracelet and once you figure out how to link that barbed wire bracelet it will look even fabber xx

The Dragon
20-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Do you know what Su - I think you are going to have to drop the title of 'newbie', that work is a lot better quality than that. They are right when they say it's better than some pieces we've seen in magazines, you should seriously think about sending your work off - show them how it should be done.

Well done you :X

Lisa Quinn
20-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Do you know what Su - I think you are going to have to drop the title of 'newbie', that work is a lot better quality than that. They are right when they say it's better than some pieces we've seen in magazines, you should seriously think about sending your work off - show them how it should be done.

I totally agree with The Dragon, your work is really good , the twisted bracelet looks particularly brilliant and I am so pleased that you shared them with us, thanks.

(However I've making for 18 months and still learning new things most days and there are a gazillion things that I still need to learn, I wonder if you ever stop being a newbie ?)

amazingbabe
20-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Su they are perfect and it is safe to say " you have mastered the art :X Whats next!! Ha Ha :~:

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 08:30 PM
The swirly bracelet is lovely, Su! Look at the finish! And it's great to see your bow bracelet taking shape further.

Thank you, yes i will be really pleased to finish that one as that my design :)

One of the things that really really pees me off in the bead magazines and one of the reasons i have stopped buying a few of them is that there wire work is atrocious supposedly from people that are experienced, their wire ends are cut with pliers and you can tell their ends are cut with pliers there scrolls are well ........square scrolls its appalling now you Su could show them a thing or two your scrolls are beautiful and not a straight line in sight, and lovely finished ends on your scroll bracelet and once you figure out how to link that barbed wire bracelet it will look even fabber xx

Wow!!! Thank you so much! Though I have to admit i do cut my wire with pliers but the i do sand them too to try to match the shape :-s

OMG i think they would just laugh at me, but thank you very much, i cant stop grinning with all these compliments lol

Emerald
20-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow!!! Thank you so much! Though I have to admit i do cut my wire with pliers but the i do sand them too to try to match the shape :-s

I cut my wire with pliers or shears to but then as you do i finish it off properly i wont do it tonight but if i find a photo in bead mag i will post it tomoorow just to show how much better you are xx

amazingbabe
20-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I've seen some of those items Jo finished really badly and i think wtf :N::N: it is lovely to see such neat work and i always look out for the ends,, Well done Su :Y::Y:

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 09:11 PM
i think i am still in shock lol, you are all so kind. I think i have missed responding persoanlly to some of you but i have been so totally gobsmacked its been hard to take all the lovely words in. Love you guys [[]]

Di Sandland
20-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Its not kindness, Su, its well deserved respect for work well done!

Lindyloo
20-10-2009, 09:37 PM
That's true, it really is good Su. The links bracelet is especially lovely.:Y:

ben b
20-10-2009, 09:48 PM
looking good...great sparkly finnish too...and very dainty looking.
well done you.....

Jayne
20-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh, that all looks so lovely Su'! Fabulous finish, well done you :Y:
J x

Mystic
20-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Su, what a beautiful set of bracelets you have made, you are an inspiration to me and I thank you for letting me see them:worthy:

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 10:10 PM
omg where are you all coming from lol!! they arent that good!! but huge thank you

snow_imp
20-10-2009, 10:16 PM
omg where are you all coming from lol!! they arent that good!! but huge thank you

Ha, Su we all think they're great so there!! :V:

bustagasket
21-10-2009, 07:30 AM
lol thanks hun, i went to bed on a huge high, poor Pete couldnt shut me up lol, he ended up just saying, "well there you are then, you ought to be selling" to which i repeated my usual answer of "well when i have enough stuff i will try" and this time he just nodded, perhaps the penny is dropping, or perhaps he just decided to leave it or i would never go to sleep lol

When i get back from shopping i will put my wire order in so that i can try out more stuff, i wanna make a longer links chain or whatever it is as an xmas gift for a friend of mine in the States whos had a real hard time of it over the last couple of years and has lost everything. and then i have a wedding candle order to make and then its "scour the books for something to try" time lol [[]]

Rustic Charm
21-10-2009, 08:19 AM
i really love the twisty bracelet su!!!, how did you get the twists so even???

MuranoSilver
21-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Su you have been busy haven't you, they're all looking fabulous and that Tutor of yours isn't going to know what hit her! lol
Nic xxx
p.s. Cant wait to see the bow bracelet with it's stones in :)

bustagasket
21-10-2009, 09:49 AM
i really love the twisty bracelet su!!!, how did you get the twists so even???

Lol i rammed the ends of the wire into my old dremel and tried to pull it tight while i turned it on lol - it didnt really appreciate it lol

Su you have been busy haven't you, they're all looking fabulous and that Tutor of yours isn't going to know what hit her! lol
Nic xxx
p.s. Cant wait to see the bow bracelet with it's stones in :)

I have shown her my stuff and all she says is an unenthusiastic "Nice" so shant bother anymore.

She has promised we will set the stones when she get back off holiday so that should be in two weeks. We shall see lol, i wont hold my breath !

Pandanimal
21-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I love the wire work too. It looks so smooth and soft and organic. If your tutor is that unenthusiastic I would give up on her and find some one else! But I guess tutors aren't that easy to come by.
Yes you should be selling. Make loads of stuff and start off down the slippery slope!

bustagasket
21-10-2009, 10:59 AM
lol i am trying to make stuff but i am still very slow.

Ominicci
21-10-2009, 09:53 PM

Haha I told Su on FB that I was going to start a petition on here to stop her calling herself a 'Newbie' or should we should just *SLAP* her each time she does???

snow_imp
22-10-2009, 08:23 AM
should we should just *SLAP* her each time she does???

Hm, do physical reprimands work for her??

agent_44
22-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Looking good Su, you have been busy!

The 'troublesome' (but worth it in the end!) bracelet would look great with some dangles/beads/embellishments on the jumprings that hold the sections together.

bustagasket
22-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Haha I told Su on FB that I was going to start a petition on here to stop her calling herself a 'Newbie' or should we should just *SLAP* her each time she does???

But I am!!!!! lol no slapping allowed or o will cwy :'(

Hm, do physical reprimands work for her??

!!! no ganging up on me!! (i dont handles any reprimands physical or verbal, just dissolve into a jibbering wreck lol)

Looking good Su, you have been busy!

The 'troublesome' (but worth it in the end!) bracelet would look great with some dangles/beads/embellishments on the jumprings that hold the sections together.

Lol i hope its gonna be worth the effort, still have to look at putting the jumprings back on, nead a day when i am feeling brave lol - i looked at adding danglies and then decided to leave best alone and save them for another bracelet :D