PDA

View Full Version : Think of me on Wednesday!

lorraineflee
19-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Some of you have already seen my wimpy message on the Diet thread and know that I am going in to hospital tomorrow for a hip replacement. In on Tuesday, operation on Wednesday - abject terror starting to kick in about now!

Please keep fingers, toes (or anything else Geti!) crossed for me on Wednesday and then, hopefully, I'll be back home at the start of next week, partially bionic and able to hop over tall buildings, (I'd leap over them but I'm only having one hip done!)

Thanks for all the messages of support that you've posted so far, it really does help!

Lorraine

Di Sandland
19-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh, Lorraine, how scary. Just think how much better you'll feel afterwards tho! I know what a pain (pun fully intended) hips can be - I have a problem with my right one. Arthritis due to the Behcets.

More than anything else tho, I think its the blow to the ego that comes from realising you're old enough to have 'dodgy' hips =:-O
I will be thinking of you and sending you positive, giggly thoughts.

x

Jayne
19-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Good Luck Lorraine:Y:
I know a few people who have had HRs and say that it's changed their lives.
It'll be well worth it & we'll be thinking of you :)
love Jayne xxx

Boo
19-10-2009, 05:58 PM
All the very best with it, I can imagine how scary it must feel right now.

A friend, a gentleman in his 60s, had one recently and was home 36 hours after surgery and already appreciably better by that time than he had been before. So I hope it will be the start of much better times for you.

bustagasket
19-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I have everything crossed for a good op, lots of painkillers and a new lease of life for you.

Will be thiinking of you hun and send you heaps of love and hugs :)[]

MuranoSilver
19-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Hope the op goes well and you're soon up and about :)
Nic x

mizgeorge
19-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Good luck Lorraine - I know only too well how daunting the prospect of surgery can be - but this is going to be a life changing thing for you in such a positive way. I hope you can focus on how fab it's all going to be once you're fully mobile again.

Will be thinking of you on Wednesday []

lesley
19-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Crossing everything now. :)
My Mum had a hip replacement and it made a huge difference..........a good one that is.

AlexandraBuckle
19-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Good luck with your operation - don't be too scared! you'll be good as new in no time :getwell:

Kalorlo
19-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I'll be thinking of you! Good luck, and I hope everything goes smoothly.

fiona davies
19-10-2009, 06:21 PM
my brother in law has just had a hip repacement (two weeks ago) and is up and about now. Not running marathons or anyting but loads better then he has been. good luck.

fiona
Little Pinkies (http://www.littlepinkies.co.uk/)

Emerald
19-10-2009, 06:35 PM
will be thinking of you on Wednesday x

kymbi
19-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Good luck for Wednesday Lorraine, I'll be thinking of you. It will all be worth it to have more mobility and be pain free :D

Solunar Silver Studio
19-10-2009, 07:57 PM
I knew you would get a lot of support as soon as you told everybody what you were up to this week! It's always scary going into hospital - but this trip will be so worthwhile for you. A big reassuring hug for you [] and an even bigger one waiting for when you get back!

Petal
19-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Good luck Lorraine and just think, no more pain! You'll be a newly revitalised you in no time. I know several people who have had hip replacements - the chap down the lane from us is 76 and had his done and is now up and whizzing up the lane like there's no tomorrow. We see him walking to the village a mile away every day.... that will be you soon!

Keep your pecker up - keep positive and you'll soon be back with us and a big [[]] from me too!

Lisa Quinn
19-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi Lorraine ,

I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday and as everyone has said before me, you are going to feel fabulous afterwards.

Big Hug and lots of support is now winging it's way to you, from me []

caroleallen
19-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Good luck for Wednesday Lorraine.

Lindyloo
19-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Good luck Lorraine. I'm told that a hip replacement is so routine now, that nothing can really go wrong. And all the stories on this thread so far, are a testament to that. So I hope it really changes life for the better for you.:Y:

The Dragon
19-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm keeping everything crossed for you but I don't think you'll need it because everything will be fine, here's hoping you running around like a big kid soon. I'll be sending lots of love and virtual hugs your way on Wednesday. :X [[]] :X

Gemma
19-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Good luck and big hugs Lorraine
[[]]

snow_imp
20-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Good luck tomorrow

lorraineflee
20-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes.
I've got my bag packed; checked that OH has everything he needs while I'm away (doesn't drive so getting an early (6.15am) bus to Uni 2 days a week from now on!); made sure everything is up to date for Uni;
about to have a cuppa and then it's off I go!

Don't have too many wild parties while I'm away! [-X
See you all (virtually anyway) next week, at the latest!

Bye for now :~:
Lorraine

bustagasket
20-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Huge hugz hun, we will all be thinking of you i am sure [[]]

BTW - how did you know about the party? shame you are gonna miss it - Geti is doing the caberet act, sounds like its gonna be great if not a little erm..........scary, but he says hes been practicing so we can but hope. (its his back-up act thats REALLY worrying :-s)

All the best hun xxx

Ominicci
20-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Good luck Lorraine - everything will be fine!!!!

We sang Hippy Birthday to my grandmother last Sunday as it was 3 years since her hip replacement op - she's 87!

Mystic
25-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Has anyone hear how Lorraine has gotten on with her op??????

Boo
26-10-2009, 05:26 AM
No, I can't add anything, but I was wondering yesterday too.

CDW Designs
26-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Some of you have already seen my wimpy message on the Diet thread and know that I am going in to hospital tomorrow for a hip replacement. In on Tuesday, operation on Wednesday - abject terror starting to kick in about now!

Please keep fingers, toes (or anything else Geti!) crossed for me on Wednesday and then, hopefully, I'll be back home at the start of next week, partially bionic and able to hop over tall buildings, (I'd leap over them but I'm only having one hip done!)

Thanks for all the messages of support that you've posted so far, it really does help!

Lorraine

Good luck Lorraine
I am sure everything wil be fine! I have heard the same that it will change your life and make it a lot better. My mother is waiting to have one and is in extreme pain. She decided to go private and unfortunately there seems a back log of ops so she is desperate.
Any how back to you. It will be fine and you will be running sooner than you think.
:))):getwell::getwell:

lorraineflee
26-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Just to let you all know that all went well and I am back home again. :~:
They let me come back on Sunday as I was making such good progress. SO, I have my crutches and, although feeling rather wobbly, I am fine. Thank you all so much for your good wishes - it did help!

The thing I still can't belive is that all the pain that I was in (and there was a lot!) has completely gone - soreness and muscle ache yes, but pain, NO!!!!

Thanks again for the good wishes

Lorraine

:V:

PS If you see anyone hopping over tall buildings in the future - it'll be me!

Di Sandland
26-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Lovely to hear from you, Lorraine, and great to know that it worked. That deserves a [[]]

Boo
26-10-2009, 04:11 PM
That's fabulous news - delighted to hear that you're making such good progress. Look after yourself and do what you're told! No leaping over anything until the surgeon tells you that you can. :dance:

Solunar Silver Studio
26-10-2009, 04:49 PM
That is just brilliant news Lorraine!! Take it easy now and give your body time to heal...you don't want to do anything to bring that pain back again do you...[-X . Think what a great year 2010 will be with you being so active and agile!

(I can't think of a better thread to be putting my 1,000th post on!)

Lots of hugs![][][]!!

Petal
26-10-2009, 04:59 PM
I was wondering how you were getting on Lorraine - such wonderful news that you are out of Hosp and back at home! Just think you can have your own home cooking, instead of the horrible hospital food :Y: Its so nice to have you back with us and a big [[]] from me.

lotsluv

xx

AlexandraBuckle
26-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Glad the op went ok Lorraine, wishing you a speedy recovery xxx [[]]

Jayne
26-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Good to have you back Lorraine!:Y:
Glad everything went well and that you're noticing a difference already -
you'll have to rest, recover and keep a constant watch on the forum posts now :D
J x

amazingbabe
26-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Welcome back,,, hope all is well and i wish you a speedy recovery :X

bustagasket
26-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Fantastic news hun, and great to have you back with us [[]]

Lisa Quinn
26-10-2009, 07:26 PM
What wonderful news Lorraine, I'm so pleased it went so well, take it easy and enjoy.

caroleallen
26-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Great news. You'll so enjoy Christmas this year.

The Dragon
26-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm so glad everything went ok and you're back in the comfort of your own home. Just remember this is one of those times when you can legitimately put your feet up and let everyone else do all the work, take advantage of it while you can. [[]]

snow_imp
27-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Welcome back - glad to hear you're doing so well with it.

Ominicci
27-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Glad everything went well :Y: Do what you're told, do your exercises and those buildings will be leapt soon!!

Lindyloo
27-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes. Great news Lorraine. Glad it all went well.