PDA

View Full Version : she's framing at it again....

mizgeorge
19-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I fell in love with 'green tea' glass from Effetre about a year ago, and my absolute favourite colour is always going to be the aqua shades of blue, so when I saw this fabulous bumpy heart from the lovely Kaz at Cheeky Cherub Beads it was a must-have.

Having not made anything for myself for a while, I thought I'd do one of my kinetic frames for it.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/mizgeorge/greenteaheart2.jpg

It's quite big (finished piece is about 4.5cm excluding bail), and I wear it very long.

I've also just realised that I've got it hanging on one of the first pieces of 'real' jewellery I ever made - a fully soldered byzantine variation chain, which is also without a doubt my most-worn necklace.

MuranoSilver
19-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Oooh by George that's gorgeous!!!! :)

Kalorlo
19-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Ooh, lovely!

lesley
19-10-2009, 11:42 AM
That's so lovely!......and you deserve a little treat.

bustagasket
19-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I love the way it is framed, although if i am honest, i have to confess, i am not a fan of "bumpy" beads, but i do love the way it is set :D

Emerald
19-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Superb George lovely colour x

Gemma
19-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Great framing George. I love it!

Di Sandland
19-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Champion framer, champion mailler - together they look superb. And fully soldered by George, you're something else! :worthy:

Lisa Quinn
19-10-2009, 11:55 AM
That's gorgeous George

Petal
19-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Champion framer, champion mailler - together they look superb. And fully soldered by George, you're something else! :worthy:

OMG George, I love the way you have framed the bumpy bead... it just sets it off beautifully. ooooooh now that is one classy piece of jewellery :Y:

My OH wondered what on earth I'd seen when I said 'you've got to see this, its absolutely gorgeous - just look at what George has done this time'.

I wonder where I can go on a course to learn how to do THAT ;)

xx

caroleallen
19-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Really lovely George.

AlexandraBuckle
19-10-2009, 03:35 PM
yep - its great :)

lorraineflee
19-10-2009, 04:21 PM
As usual, fantastic! What else can one say!!!! (Well there's always "WOW!!)

Lorraine

snow_imp
19-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow I love what you've done.

And I must admit that every time I look at your maille work I get inspired!

How do you do the framing on that bead, I've never seen anything like it! Of course, if you want to keep a trade secret that's fine too. But wow.

Jayne
19-10-2009, 05:23 PM
lovely framing :Y:
v impressive!
J x

mizgeorge
19-10-2009, 06:01 PM
You're all lovely :)

Anne, it's just bits of wire and some soldering. It takes a little bit of twiddling to get the wire shaped just right - I usually make a copper template first and then deconstruct that to use as a pattern - and a bit of filing to make sure it sits well on the centre rings, but really is very straightforward to do, and only four joins. I cut grooves in a charcoal block to help keep things on the right plane, which means both wires can be soldered to the centre in one go, which speeds things up a lot and avoids having to pickle twice as well.

Di Sandland
19-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I've just discovered the wonder of charcoal and holes and grooves and things - magic!

kymbi
19-10-2009, 07:33 PM
I love your kinetic pendants and though I don't usually "do" hearts, this one looks great. I love the colours - that aqua blue is lovely. Kaz has made some gorgeous beads over the last few months. Your chain looks so tactile, I bet your big pendants hang so well on it :D

snow_imp
20-10-2009, 10:04 AM
You're all lovely :)

Anne, it's just bits of wire and some soldering. It takes a little bit of twiddling to get the wire shaped just right - I usually make a copper template first and then deconstruct that to use as a pattern - and a bit of filing to make sure it sits well on the centre rings, but really is very straightforward to do, and only four joins. I cut grooves in a charcoal block to help keep things on the right plane, which means both wires can be soldered to the centre in one go, which speeds things up a lot and avoids having to pickle twice as well.

Thanks George - another thing I'd like to try.

First I need to learn to solder tho #-o

Ominicci
20-10-2009, 10:04 AM
That is fabulous George! And fully soldered Maille - that's dedication to one's art !!!!!