PDA

View Full Version : Naughty me !

Lisa Quinn
18-10-2009, 07:22 PM
What a fantastic day I have had today !!

I spent the whole day making a necklace and some earrings for myself !! I didn't have time to finish them, but I feel on top of the world because I have mastered some new skills and had a chance to do some experimentation with shapes and styles that have been bustling around in my head for a while.

Next week I have promised myself that I'll get stuck into making Christmas stock, so that I have a least made a start before I go on my hols !! 0:-)

Hope you have all had a good weekend ?

Emerald
18-10-2009, 07:26 PM
:wwopics: sorry couldent help myself x

Rustic Charm
18-10-2009, 07:26 PM
woohoo good for you, lets see them then!!!!
it's good when you intentionally make something for yourself isn't it!!:Y:

Lisa Quinn
18-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Grrrrr...... I have always wanted to use that one Jo.

They are not very exciting I am afraid, but it was just lovely to do something for me, which I haven't done for a while and I felt a need to answer Barbara's plea for new threads.

Sorry to do a Geti style tease, but I will have to wait until we have daylight to do some pics. I'll get back to you tomorrow..........

So what did you get up to this weekend?

geti-titanium
18-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Sorry to do a Geti style tease,

I definitely think I have a reputation on this forum now :)

Emerald
18-10-2009, 07:51 PM

You think lmao x

Rustic Charm
18-10-2009, 07:53 PM

What do you mean "THINK", you know you have and you just luuuuvvvv it!!!

Petal
18-10-2009, 08:11 PM
:D Course he does

xx

MuranoSilver
18-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Looking forward to those pics :)

bustagasket
19-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Glad you feel such a sence of achievement on your day - looking forward to seeing the results too :D

AlexandraBuckle
19-10-2009, 08:12 AM
i want to see too! pics pleasy weasy :)

Lisa Quinn
19-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Well here is my necklace and earrings (not finished properly yet though) , I made them for myself for my hols next week, however I'm not sure what the elegant Venetians will think when they are surrounded by all that beadilicious Murano glass and I fluff into with my pompoms!!

Di Sandland
19-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Very nice Lisa - and as the Venetians are so swamped with glass, they'll probably love your fluffy balls!

mizgeorge
19-10-2009, 01:39 PM
That's very pretty Lisa - did you felt your own balls? (no tittering in the back row please). Perfect colour for the season too :)

I'd love to be able to use felt, but am horribly allergic to anything to do with sheep, so wool is a major no-no.

Can I ask how the earrings hang? I'm never sure about unarticulated long stuff, but it might be because I've got a short neck and just end up bumping into stuff with my shoulders!

amazingbabe
19-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Very nice i must say and rather christmassy :) I like it,,,, i like it a lot xx;)

geti-titanium
19-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Must resist - must resist!

mizgeorge
19-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Stay strong.

Bromide in the tea can help.......

Lisa Quinn
19-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Can I ask how the earrings hang? I'm never sure about unarticulated long stuff, but it might be because I've got a short neck and just end up bumping into stuff with my shoulders!

I luckily have a long neck and they just hang !! But I would appreciate some advice from you as to how to "harden" the hooks,when planishing how much pressure should you exert?

Do you know I didn't even think about Christmas, I just had some balls hanging about and thought that I may as well make some use of them. Geti, you were of course, my inspiration, I bet you can't wait to see the ring!!

Emerald
19-10-2009, 03:25 PM

go on you know you want to

Love that red with the silver Lisa and as George said do you felt your own, would love to be able to do that i have felted a couple of jumpers in my time lol x

AlexandraBuckle
19-10-2009, 03:31 PM
oooh I love it - great work :)

geti-titanium
19-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Crikey! An X rated thread before the 9 o'clock watershed :)

i have felted a couple of jumpers in my time lol x

how to "harden" the hooks

did you felt your own balls?

fluffy balls!

I just had some balls hanging about

You lot are worse than me! - It seems I've taught you well, go forth young students :)

mizgeorge
19-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I luckily have a long neck and they just hang !! But I would appreciate some advice from you as to how to "harden" the hooks,when planishing how much pressure should you exert?

I would twist the wire before bending - it hardens silver really quite a lot and is completely invisible in the finished piece. Otherwise, you can give them a good bash with a nylon hammer, which shouldn't alter the shape at all - thought it isn't as effective as the twisting, which hardens the whole of the wire rather than just the surface.

lorraineflee
19-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Very pretty! Love the colour

Lorraine

snow_imp
19-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I love the look of the balls (Geti - keep quiet) and they look so good on the silver

Jayne
19-10-2009, 05:34 PM
that's really cute , Lisa :Y:
J x

Ominicci
20-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Brilliant stuff nice to see all different styles of jewellery between us all! :Y: