PDA

View Full Version : Auto Logout?

Ominicci
18-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Came on to read all the new posts, which I always go through before replying to any. But I keep getting logged out and now I can't see the 'new posts' without trawling through the threads. Is there a way of switching it off?

MuranoSilver
18-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Not sure about the log out thingie but you can see the last 24hours threads
by clicking the "Quick Links" button and selecting "Todays Posts"
Hope that helps
Nicola x

Ominicci
18-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks Nicola, helps a bit. New posts are the ones since you last log on so that is the most useful - but I shall just have to get into the habit of replying to the threads as I read them or make a quick post every few minutes!

Trudy
18-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Do you not have an option of 'remember me' next to where you log in? Maybe its different for different browsers but I have that and if I tick it it logs me straight back in when I come to the forum then I go to new posts and it shows the ones I havent read yet...

Ominicci
19-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Trudy, its when I am already on the forum and logged in. If I don't make any posts for a while (doing something else or reading other posts) and then come to post a reply it tells me I am not logged in - but I haven't logged out. There must be some sort of 'time out'. I had this on another forum once but then they changed something on the forum so it didn't log you out.

Trudy
19-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Ahhh ok sorry....

dgrose
20-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi,
I've changed the session timeout form 15 mins to 2 hours...
Hope that helps
Regards
Dave

Ominicci
20-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Yay!!! Thank you! I did wonder if it was something peculiar to my PC though as no-one else seemed to be complaining.