PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Happy Hampshire

Carl Martin
15-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi all,, thought I'd follow on from sunny surrey etc so hello from Happy Hampshire. My name is Carl, been using Cooksons as a supplier for the past 13 yrs only just realised they had a forum so thought I would say Hi. :~:

The Dragon
15-10-2009, 09:27 PM
:welcome: to our forum, Carl.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here, we're a friendly bunch so feel free to contribute to any of our threads, especially if you have 13 years experience to draw on :Y:

bustagasket
15-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Hiya Carl welcome to our humble home, glad you found us :D:~:

Lisa Quinn
15-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi Carl:welcome:

Carl Martin
15-10-2009, 09:57 PM
wow.. I like this forum already, yes 13 yrs I've been designing and making Jewellery and precious metal art, only ever used silver and or gold , but I am also trying to perfect my Mokume Gane Technique to incorporate copper and brass, I have done alot of wedding rings for customers over the years. I have a 750 sq ft studio / Workshop in Hampshire that I recently moved to, having been in a premises the size of a shoe box for the last 10 yrs, Although my 10 yrs in a shoe box was a part time affair only doing commissions etc.The opportunity came along for my new place so I jumped in with both feet I do it full time now, when I'm not doing commission work I run courses and such like and to be honest love my job with an absolute passion, and after 13 yrs I'm still learning, still make mistakes and sometimes pull my hair out with frustration. I have devised and made all sorts of jigs and clamps and things rather than to buy ready made tools,it just adds to the whole approach for me.... Anyhow enough babbling on...thanks for the warm welcome, and if anyone is visiting Hampshire the coffee pot is always on.

mizgeorge
15-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi Carl, and welcome from me too. I'd already spotted you elsewhere ;), and I think you'll fit right in here. Hope you enjoy the forum.

(And it's nice to have some more brains to pick....)

Emerald
15-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Carl welcome to the Forum:~:

Petal
16-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Hi Carl & welcome to our forum. Wow 13 years of jewellery making experience, that's handy to know ;) I can see a lot of people will be lining up to pick your brains - in the nicest possible way. Its good to have another chap joining the forum, as I think ours feel a bit outnumbered by an awful lot of chapesses!

BTW, I used to live in Hampshire, near Petersfield, lovely County eh!

xx

lorraineflee
16-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Carl and welcome from a rather rainy Bedfordshire. We'd love to see examples of your home designed jigs and things, if you don't mind mind sharing your ideas. We love clever bods!
Lorraine

MuranoSilver
16-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Morning Carl
:welcome: to the forum, love the sound of your new large studio
you must be in heaven :D
There's a section on the forum to post courses so feel free to pop your's in there :)
nic xx

Solunar Silver Studio
16-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Carl:~:, The forum has only been going for a few months so you are not all that late in joining us! You are so lucky to have all that space now...most of us are at the shoebox stage....some of us only toddler size at that!! We will love picking your brains clean of all that experience:mwahaha:...do tell us what sort of courses you have planned... (we all love to dream too!!:-D)

ps_bond
16-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi Carl - nice to see someone else based around here!

WRT the mokume, why copper and brass? I've not found brass to be all that great in mokume if you're working it; the different rates of extrusion & work hardening make it more of a pest than copper/silver, for example.

Which reminds me - I meant to fuse a stack last night, got carried away making pitch to a Japanese recipe instead (not sure I'd regard it as pitch now I've tried; handles more like setters cement).

Di Sandland
16-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Carl, welcome to the forum.

CDW Designs
16-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi all,, thought I'd follow on from sunny surrey etc so hello from Happy Hampshire. My name is Carl, been using Cooksons as a supplier for the past 13 yrs only just realised they had a forum so thought I would say Hi. :~:

Welcome Carl
You will find everyone a friendly and informative forum.
:welcome:

snow_imp
16-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi Carl

:welcome:

Rustic Charm
16-10-2009, 06:58 PM
hello and :welcome:

Ominicci
17-10-2009, 04:04 PM
:~: And Hello from me too! !