PDA

View Full Version : New display

caroleallen
14-10-2009, 06:42 PM
I've been beavering away for weeks on my new display and have just set it up at Falmouth Oyster Festival to try it out. It's really designed for Country Living at Christmas. It still needs a few tweaks, like stars on the tops and fairy lights. I'm quite happy with it though. Pictures in my album.

mizgeorge
14-10-2009, 07:04 PM
It looks lovely :) Though you're braver than me with the low shelves ;)

There's a glimpse of something very brightly coloured and interesting in one of the pictures - is it a person or some amazing fabric?

caroleallen
14-10-2009, 07:11 PM
It's probably the woman next door who's selling what I can only describe as cheap trinkets! She seems quite nice though. I hope so as I'll be next to her for the next 5 days!

Lisa Quinn
14-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh wow !! It looks fabulous Carole, you must be really pleased with the results?

MuranoSilver
14-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow - looks very modern & space age :)

Emerald
14-10-2009, 07:39 PM
that looks amazing Carole good luck at the festival x

bustagasket
14-10-2009, 07:40 PM
omg thats amazing!! well done!

Jayne
14-10-2009, 08:26 PM
That's really lovely Carole :)
Elegant, streamlined, understated - you must be so pleased!
You did mention 'beavering away....' did you make this yourself?
J x

Petal
14-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Absolute stunning display Carole ! :Y::Y::Y: I was thinking the same as Jayne - did you make your display yourself and if so, how ??

xx

The Dragon
14-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Very nice, the lines and proportions work beautifully together. It's just a shame you've got such a small space to display in, I think a lot of peolpe are going to be looking around your area. :Y:

Ominicci
14-10-2009, 09:17 PM
It is FAB!!! Love the Christmas tree like shape to them!

Di Sandland
14-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Carol, its absolutely stunning

caroleallen
14-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks everyone. We had the wood and perspex cut out for us and got it spray painted. My hubby did the lights. It was all a bit stressful though as nothing fitted properly and we had to re-cut some of it. I think it was worth it in the end though.

Boo
14-10-2009, 09:32 PM
It looks totally fabulous. Makes my cheap cardboard displays look very amateur.

You're much more trusting than I would be with punters and my valuable stock. I would have wanted pieces secured to the display pieces. Not to mention that my fat ass would sweep them all onto the floor. I'd spend all day picking stuff up. :)

caroleallen
14-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes I know Boo. I'll have to watch it like a hawk.

AlexandraBuckle
15-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Looks great Carole :Y:

Mystic
15-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Its beautiful Carole, and I wish you every success at the festival. With that display, it should bring in lots of customers:Y:

Ominicci
15-10-2009, 11:30 AM
BOO yours are FAB too!!! I'm just about to make some necklace busts and earring holders based on your templates for my display (now that I have booked a table for my first sale =:-O)

kymbi
15-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Your new display looks fabulous Carol and the shape is really in keeping with the Christmas theme. I hope you have a great 5 days and lots of success x

Petal
15-10-2009, 12:04 PM
BOO yours are FAB too!!! I'm just about to make some necklace busts and earring holders based on your templates for my display (now that I have booked a table for my first sale =:-O)

Ah well done you Nicci, thats really good news :))) :Y: I'm sure you'll be fine. How many weeks have you got to prepare ?

xx

Di Sandland
15-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Ooh, well done Nicci! And, Boo, your display is superb - I use your blog as a resource, so don't go dissing yourself m'dear!

Lindyloo
15-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Those are lovely Carole. The perspex sets the jewellery off beautifully.

Boo
15-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Aw shucks Di, I just saw this.

I go through life with this idea in my head that I look like Rene Russo - where in reality, Matrix-style, I'm just a fat redhead with too many years on the clock and sporting a baggy cardi.

My web site and my craft stalls are the same. I have this mental perception of elegance - I think I'm doing okay with them - until I stand back and really look at them and realise they actually look more like a jumble sale than I'm comfortable to admit. They're much sexier in my head, rather like myself.

But each one I do is better than the last, so at least I feel that I'm moving in the right direction. It's always down to budget - and make do and mend with what I can knock together on the kitchen table or obtain cheaply.

Di Sandland
16-10-2009, 11:27 AM
PMSL - apart from the fact that my red has faded and is now dyed blond you sound very much like me.

SilverBlueberry
16-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow. It looks professional, and I love the blue color! I feel very amateuristic with my current display setup. And it doesn't help that the set of jewelry displays I ordered never show up. Soon I'm going to ask for my money back.

CDW Designs
16-10-2009, 05:21 PM
I've been beavering away for weeks on my new display and have just set it up at Falmouth Oyster Festival to try it out. It's really designed for Country Living at Christmas. It still needs a few tweaks, like stars on the tops and fairy lights. I'm quite happy with it though. Pictures in my album.

Looks professional and Christmassy! Very appealing.

The Dragon
17-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I go through life with this idea in my head that I look like Rene Russo - where in reality, Matrix-style, I'm just a fat redhead with too many years on the clock and sporting a baggy cardi.

PMSL - apart from the fact that my red has faded and is now dyed blond you sound very much like me

You both and me makes three. My red hair is now a dyed redish blonde - the grey hairs go redder than the natural ones. And I'm definately more of a handful now (I don't just mean temperament) than I used to be. That still doesn't stop me from believing in my head that I can give the youngsters a run for their money! lol. Well a girls gotta dream hasn't she. ;)

Ominicci
17-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Jules - It's on the 12 Nov so not long now :eek: I need to get a load of stuff done to send to the Assay Office this week.